Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

I love that she’s pushing the title track. Easily the least commercial song she’s ever released, but probably the most important song to the album. A lot of the “too cool” indie dorks on other forums were saying the song reminds them of modern day Nick Cave, and his more ambient-leaning music. Oddly enough, I think they’re right, and I think a lot of people new to her music might be really moved by this song.

7 minutes ago, brandon said:

that clip wasn’t part of the mv - iirc it was just some random promo footage they shot 

+ vinyls have always been coming the 29th!

So why was it filmed in pro HD. That was a clip of the music video. After they broke up, she shelved it for the obvious reasons. It's not the first time she shelved a video.

1 minute ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

So why was it filmed in pro HD. That was a clip of the music video. After they broke up, she shelved it for the obvious reasons. It's not the first time she shelved a video.

It'll be hilarious if she uses the footage with Clay for the first half of the MV. :rip: Dragging at its finest. 

Just now, BlueGreenGray said:

It'll be hilarious if she uses the footage with Clay for the first half of the MV. :rip: Dragging at its finest. 

I was thinking the same thing lmao I hope she does! :flutter:

She's totally singing Blue Banisters this Friday. 

I wonder if the alternate BB cover with the emerald dress was shot during the filming of a third MV. I'd love one long MV for two songs just like the one she made for FIILY/The Greatest. 

BLUE BANISTERS VIDEO? MY FAVE OF THE TRINGLES I WON I WON

Literally everyone on YouTube LOVES this track more than the others, even the GP, Melon Head and casual Lana fans. So strange that her fans don't share the same sentiment, because it's an outstanding piece of work.

oprah-winfrey-scream.gif

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

On 10/15/2021 at 9:16 PM, UhaulJ0e said:

My personal ranking after listening:

1. Living Legend
  2. Wildflower Wildfire
  3. Thunder
  4. Cherry Blossom 
  5. If You Lie Down With Me
  6. Black Bathing Suit 
  7. Text Book
  8. Sweet Carolina
  9. Nectar of The Gods 
  10. Dealer 
  11. Violets for Roses 
  12. Beautiful
  13. Arcadia
  14. Blue Banisters

Spoiler

Literally no one is asking for this lol, but I've updated my ranking for the hundredth time. BBS has grown on me, and is an absolute serve. Beautiful has also moved down. I love it, but I don't find it to be as captivating as the others. 

15 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

the clay clip was part of the BB trailer, boz told us that

You mean an album trailer? Or do you just mean a trailer for the music video?

I'm craving a BB album trailer right about now.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

It would make the most sense for Lana to perform Blue Banisters on Colbert. With her going on the show on the album release date + the fact that the video will probably (hopefully) come around that time, it's the most logical choice in my opinion. 

imageproxy.jpg

35 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Is this confirmed!?

can someone please answer this I keep seeing it ignored lol

it's in regards to BOZ saying the Beautiful streaming version has strings, I'm on ATRL right now and can't find him saying that

54 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Is this confirmed!?

18 minutes ago, hashtagtylerh said:

can someone please answer this I keep seeing it ignored lol

it's in regards to BOZ saying the Beautiful streaming version has strings, I'm on ATRL right now and can't find him saying that

This is what he said:

“I just remember that 2 versions were mastered, but idk why cause 3:35 is an earlier demo and 3:54 is the final mix, I don't know which one goes where. But it's probably same situation as FIILY”. 

“So maybe someone got the vinyl already too and it's a vinyl rip, cause I don't see any reason to put the earlier mix anywhere outside of the vinyl since they probably had to send the album to pressing before they put final touches to the song. Hopefully the streaming version is the longer one, cause no matter what happens that one is the latter version.”

The version with strings is the final version. Don’t think he ever confirmed the strings version was going to be in streaming though. I guess we will know once iTunes puts up the song lengths. 

1 hour ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Boz confirmed it was never supposed to be the BB MV tho, just a promo shot or some kind of album trailer that was probably scrapped 

giphy.gif