Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

867 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

34 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Which songs from Blue Banisters are YouTube rips? And why are they YouTube rips, were the OG finals lost???

1. pretty sure it was the previously leaked tracks nectar of the gods, living legend, and cherry blossom

2. because lana and her team were lazy

3. i'm pretty sure high quality lossless versions were available on masterposts at the time :air:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

1. pretty sure it was the previously leaked tracks nectar of the gods, living legend, and cherry blossom

2. because lana and her team were lazy

3. i'm pretty sure high quality lossless versions were available on masterposts at the time :air:

So bizarre- I mean at least they sound ok to me, especially compared to come of the other lackluster production on some of the other song:delicious:

Honestly, my relationship with this album is so weird. I don't hate it, I simply think it's not on the same level like her other albums...

HOWEVER, I must admit some of the compositions on the album are extremely beautiful. I feel like I don't give her enough credit for being the least "interesting" album among her discography, but I truly cannot convince myself that it's a bad album. It's decent at best, and while some songs are simple, others are among her best :teehee:

Spoiler

Arcadia, Thunder, Nectar, Cherry Blossom, Black Bathing Suit, Living Legend... And yes, If You Lie Down With Me as well! :true:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I always was and always will be a Text Book stan :trisha:

I still love the production so so much and the outro :wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

The one thing I will defend about BB is that the album version of Thunder is a million times better. The demos production kind of just stays the same throughout and is much more flat than the BB version in my opinion, I think it makes it less of a “bop” but gives it much more emotional weight. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

33 minutes ago, taco truck said:

The one thing I will defend about BB is that the album version of Thunder is a million times better. The demos production kind of just stays the same throughout and is much more flat than the BB version in my opinion, I think it makes it less of a “bop” but gives it much more emotional weight. 

I don't know what i was expecting, but the way seeing @taco truck post in the BB thread made me move :wave2:

Now that Lana is having a sane moment, looking back this era was truly unhinged. The selfie, Rock Candy Sweet June 1st, deactivating her instagram weeks before the album release, switching out high quality masters for Youtube rips, doing absolutely zero press, trying to make Arcadia a moment, the terrible trap interlude, by the way thanks for the shoo-oo-oo-oo-ooz, the list goes on and on.

But underneath it all, it was a dry run for Ocean Blvd — the variety, the wildness, the dense lyrics: these were things built up over time. There's no Fingertips or Kintsugi or GPSOTSOMFWHDSF without the title track, Black Bathing Suit, or Wildflower Wildfire. 

Anyway point is Queen Lana does what she wants when she wants to, and even if you don't like one album, trust the process because she is always moving forward :kiss:

For sure the weirdest record in Lana’s discography, it feels really all over the place (tho obvs not to her) and i agree, it was a total stepping stone to get to ocean blvd. When it came out BBS seemed like the song that prob best reflected the direction she was moving in artistically and I do think that proved to be true on OB, tho it’s a much stronger album than the new tracks on BB were imo. For me all the new songs on BB are alllllmost great but fall a little short for various reasons (the cheap sound of the piano on WFWF for example, and the way she sounds off key in Arcadia).

BUT the old songs that made their way onto this record are some of her best, kind of wish the whole album had been unreleased older songs and the new songs were an ep or single drops only.

my fav songs of the new tracks are still sweet carolina and BBS. 

aOaIzH2.gif

45 minutes ago, taco truck said:

speak the truth loudly :shake: