Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

22 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Ok serious question, With limitations on vinyl at the moment, And miss Lana was just messing with us on the whole digital only shit.

Would you be cool with just a really well pressed copy on black from someone like Pallas? 
Or the same variety/pressing of BB?

:dua:

I'd be fine with just 2 or 3 variants. Maybe 2 different colors for the standard cover and an UO alternative artwork with another colored vinyl.

As long as she's signed to Interscope there's no way they let her digital only but maybe they won't care about chart peaks and release the vinyl later idk.

For BB it was "only" 4 months as max between the record being finished and the vinyl shipping (they recorded SC in June) so I think they can plan the rollout and slowly put out stuff during the pressing period and get everything released together without it feeling like an eternity (but that would require Lana having the album done before teasing and releasing anything so... :eek:)

giphy.gif

Just now, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Me reading Drew Erickson slander on this thread 

6-C245732-30-FA-4-B68-AFD2-487-D0-C79116

Why do we hate him? Also where is Zachary Dawes? My bussy hasn’t recovered from his contributions to Lana’s discography :oprah3:

I think people are just Antonoffing him because they didn't like Blue Banisters :oopna: 

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, Whore of Tropico said:

At this point. The only unreleased tracks that are mattered enough to be considered for her studio albums are "Yes To Heaven", "Fine China" & "I Talk To Jesus"

I know she has a huge catalogue of amazing outtakes buy these are the must-releases.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

IMG-3521.jpg

A Star For Nick, Watercolor Eyes, Looking For America, and some more new songs in that same vein would have made a really cute and fun EP. It seems like she defaults to this sound often enough that we have songs from different eras that all fit, why not make a whole album :oprah3:

UbsOye5.png

All I say is that when she performs LDR9 Ethereal Catholic Hymns live on her Cathedral tour it is in LATIN with her Back to the CONGRGATION like GOD INTENDED. Vatican 2 was a secularist plot and we do not acknowledge it!! /s

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

IDK what some of you guys are on with the production on Blue Banisters, but as far as production goes 'Text Book', 'Black Bathing Suit', 'If You Lie Down With Me' & 'Sweet Carolina' are some or her best produced songs in a moment. If she wants to go down that road, I'm fine with that. I'll take that style of production over the messy NFR & COCC production & mixing any day. :oprah3:

1 minute ago, Sugar Venom said:

A Star For Nick, Watercolor Eyes, Looking For America, and some more new songs in that same vein would have made a really cute and fun EP. It seems like she defaults to this sound often enough that we have songs from different eras that all fit, why not make a whole album :oprah3:

I still want a 4lp 45rpm NFR with Looking for america, season of the witch & hey blue baby as bonus tracks…

:ma:

IMG-3521.jpg

Trying to be more accepting or at least respectful of other people's opinions, but I still think that people are being overdramatic about the pianos. It's alright not to care for the more relaxed, acoustic vibes of NFR/COCC/BB, but it's more apparent to me that she's going to continue going down this route than make a sudden return to the bombastic. LFL truly was a gift for the fans who loved those first three records. Maybe she'll make another gift one day, but for now I would just suggest keeping your expectations low and hope for that day but also be realistic about how this may just be where she continues exploring for a while. Especially with the state of the world being in such crisis, I can't imagine "bops" or songs with full orchestras coming back any time soon.:oprah3:

And adding on to what @West Coast said, "Sweet Carolina," "Dealer," "Black Bathing Suit," "If You Lie Down With Me" and "Text Book" are career highlights in terms of production.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

11 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I think people are just Antonoffing him because they didn't like Blue Banisters :oopna: 

7 minutes ago, West Coast said:

IDK what some of you guys are on with the production on Blue Banisters, but as far as production goes 'Text Book', 'Black Bathing Suit', 'If You Lie Down With Me' & 'Sweet Carolina' are some or her best produced songs in a moment. If she wants to go down that road, I'm fine with that. I'll take that style of production over the messy NFR & COCC production & mixing any day. :oprah3:

The insanity behind not liking the music he’s worked on :oprah2: To this day my buhho puckers a lil when his songs come on 

Spoiler

6966-D1-C7-5-E7-F-4-FCA-8785-884-B6-BD74

7 minutes ago, Thunder said:

@West Coast said, "Sweet Carolina," "Dealer," "Black Bathing Suit," "If You Lie Down With Me" and "Text Book" are career highlights in terms of production.

I definitely forgot to mention 'Dealer', but it's definitely up there as well. :true:

15 minutes ago, baddisease said:

Idea: A Lana x Billie Eilish collab

In the same style as Happier than Ever, I need angry rock&roll Lana :ma:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I'm honestly so grateful that Lana doesn't care at all what kind of music people want and just does whatever feels right to her. A true artist building a one-of-a-kind legacy, her music speaks for itself and continues to be overwhelmingly beautiful :true: A bombastic album would be incredible, but her gentle music is just as good. If LDR9 is an album of piano ballads, then you better believe they will be soul-enriching piano ballads that both break and rebuild the heart :wowcry: 

7 hours ago, LifeOnMars said:

I don’t know if honeymoun is confirming that she is working with Erickson again here, but I agree with this take. Hopefully she brings in a couple new producers as well. 

I mean it sounds way more professional and finished than most of NFR and Chemtrails :oop2:

if it’s going to be just piano ballads I’ll take Erickson over A******f any day

id gladly take monsieur nowels back tho

whatarecoloris.jpg

2 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

Why do you want unreleased, leaked material on an album? I mean, i love those songs but i'd much rather have a full album of brand new songs that she wrote more recently, not stuff we've heard for 5 years yknow? Not that we were ever supposed to hear it to begin with, but i'd rather the unreleased stuff be released as a digital album all on its own. idk part of blue banisters i sometimes skip bc i know the songs too well and just prefer to hear the newest stuff to us on it i guess

I think they can become great new songs if reworked like e.g. Thunder. It would be a pity if such wonderful songs never see the daylight or are only available in LQ.

omg my insider era! 

lana decided to never release another unreleased song on a new album! we won! :illumilana2:

she said specifically i talk to jesus

4 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I think they can become great new songs if reworked like e.g. Thunder. It would be a pity if such wonderful songs never see the daylight or are only available in LQ.

thunder really didn't change much, it just seemed like another version we just didn't have yet. cherry blossom, living legend and nectar of the gods weren't touched either, idk i just want new stuff that sounds fresh 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole