Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

12 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Oddly enough, I feel like this could turn out to be quite accurate. I've said this before, but I think that Lana's idea of country is super different than what we might be thinking of when we think of country music. I know she really likes older country and folk music so I have a feeling that's more so where her inspiration lies

Didn't she say that Video Games and Ride are like country songs to her? :gasp:

I think you are right. When she says country she means more like folk and less like Kacey 

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I know she really likes older country and folk music so I have a feeling that's more so where her inspiration lies

I completely agree. The type of country music Lana seems to have drawn inspiration from is vastly different than most modern, mainstream country music, and I think the country tracks she performed at the Ally Coalition reflect that. 

I almost feel that Lana could segue into country far more successfully than most other mainstream pop/alt artists because of how much country has tinged her past records—even as far back as her Lizzy days. 

If executed well, I could see Lana getting major kudos for reviving “old country” in a refreshing, relatable way. I’m really curious to see how Nikki Lane’s involvement shapes the record as well!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I completely agree. The type of country music Lana seems to have drawn inspiration from is vastly different than most modern, mainstream country music, and I think the country tracks she performed at the Ally Coalition reflect that. 

I almost feel that Lana could segue into country far more successfully than most other mainstream pop/alt artists because of how much country has tinged her past records—even as far back as her Lizzy days. 

If executed well, I could see Lana getting major kudos for reviving “old country” in a refreshing, relatable way. I’m really curious to see how Nikki Lane’s involvement shapes the record as well!

as long as we get new versions of pawn shop blues and mermaid motel i’ll be happy

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, the ocean said:

as long as we get new versions of pawn shop blues and mermaid motel i’ll be happy

Pawn Shop Blues is probably in my Top 10 Lana songs of all time, and I’ve had hope that someday she’ll release it again after teasing the music video. 

I think it would be a really beautiful way to punctuate a country record from Lana. Closing with PSB would not only be a full-circle moment, but it’s also just a nice thesis for a record: learning to survive after love and sometimes sacrificing it for “the name of higher consciousness” and emotional wellbeing. 

Needless to say I would really love a rerelease:bebe:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

33 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

so i dreamed that ldr9 is going to be country BUT it sounded amazing actually?? kinda like folklore/evermore and with a fuller production. she was doing an interview and said that she knows fans have been begging for something new. she said it's going to have lots of instruments and the next album is going full 180

When in reality, she'll have someone filter the vocals out of fully-produced songs and copy paste it onto a piano/acoustic guitar backing track with no bass or any other instrument and call it a day :bebe:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

24 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

She reactivated her FB again 👀 (she posted the same IG post about the Ed and Ben nom for Managers of the Year)

and BOZ tweeted “today is the day” early in the morning 

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, Niko Dealergo said:

25 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

She reactivated her FB again 👀 (she posted the same IG post about the Ed and Ben nom for Managers of the Year)

WE WON:oprah4:

Sylvia Plath 

9 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

OMG???

Spoiler

it's probably about miss dula peep tho

3 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

dua’s performing in NYC today

Why would he hype that :omfg2:

is it televised or anything?

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

dua’s performing in NYC today

she’s been performing a good bit lately. Is there a reason he would single out this show specifically?

Sylvia Plath 

You guys are worse than me :thumb3:

we’re going to be so upset if nothing important happens today regarding her… I’ll tell myself it’s probably just a coincidence that she’s back on FB, but I’m still thinking that her caption in weird fonts about loving all the boys she dated could be music related. 

18 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

she’s been performing a good bit lately. Is there a reason he would single out this show specifically?

because it’s in NYC in madison square garden. Supposed to be one of her biggest shows

1 minute ago, lustforlife said:

do u guys have money? just asking because you will probally need it soon :dua:

I don’t, but for Lana I will :heart:

"Don’t forget me"