boom like that

Met Gala 2022

it's actually so funny to me that most of them did not follow the theme .. like you don't get to dress everyday for a specific theme why wouldn't you take advantage of it?

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I think next year just don't leave it open to interpretation

Make it really specific like "you must dress as a silver peacock. Beaks will be provided. Failure to wear a synthetic tail will result refusal of entry"

They would still turn up in black suits and wedding dresses, though

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

4 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

I am disgusted that Kim wore Marilyn’s dress

Kacey slayed

She had to change into a replica for the actual event so what was the POINT 

And the way she was all, "I went on a crash diet to lose 7 kgs to fit into a dress for half an hour, teehee" like bitch you are 40 with 986539653 followers that's not the most responsible thing to publicise and encourage (even if it's true)

Hate

8 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

I am disgusted that Kim wore Marilyn’s dress

Kacey slayed

4 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

She had to change into a replica for the actual event so what was the POINT 

And the way she was all, "I went on a crash diet to lose 7 kgs to fit into a dress for half an hour, teehee" like bitch you are 40 with 986539653 followers that's not the most responsible thing to publicise and encourage (even if it's true)

Hate

The whole thing is so WEIRD. 
If she were to just wear a replica of it?? Fine.

But the actual dress being used despite knowing how valuable it is in terms of American and fashion history... On top of it being Marilyn’s dress (considering how tragic her entire life and death was despite being an icon)  is super disrespectful. 
It seems more so “I GOT TO WEAR MARILYNS DRESS BECAUSE I HAVE THE FAME AND MONEY TO DO SO!!! LOOK AT ME WEARING AN AMERICAN ICON WOMANS DRESS THAT NO ONE ELSE WILL BE ABLE TO DO!!!!!!! ITS AMERICAN AND GOLDISH IT SORTA FITS THE THEME!!!!!! DONT I LOOK GOOD??” than an appreciation for both the dress and Marilyn on top of the whole weight loss thing.. like why do you have to be that desperate to fit into a dress that wasn’t made for you and that you’ll end up wearing a replica for anyway??? 
Especially with that idea of losing weight to fit into something being super unhealthy anyway and having the fame she does I’m sure impressionable people will normalize that idea. 

In short: There was definitely a much better way to pay homage to Marilyn that she clearly has the resources for... considering she literally wore a replica anyway lmao. 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

wait, kim was wearing marilyn’s actual dress? :whoopi: why would they even allow her to do that, let alone anybody? it’s a piece of history, letting another person wear it & get their sweat on it is so bad for it’s preservation, especially considering it’s age :dorothy2: that dress belongs to marilyn…

WGe8ynS.gif

I saw someone on Twitter call Kim the modern day Marilyn and I literally had to turn my phone off :awkney: That dress is one of the most iconic pieces of fashion history ever and it should be preserved as such. I'm all for paying tribute to it and wearing replicas, Lana even did that in the National Anthem video, but wearing the actual dress feels like too much for me. 

imageproxy.jpg

If it was Marilyn’s necklace I’d say it was okay to borrow it. But a DRESS? Idk that’s just kind of odd to me. 

It’s not like it’s non replicable (as a diamond or precious stone would be, e.g. Audrey’s one that Lady Gaga wore). She should’ve just worn a replica from the get go…

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

37 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I saw someone on Twitter call Kim the modern day Marilyn and I literally had to turn my phone off :awkney: That dress is one of the most iconic pieces of fashion history ever and it should be preserved as such. I'm all for paying tribute to it and wearing replicas, Lana even did that in the National Anthem video, but wearing the actual dress feels like too much for me. 

Kim has NOTHING in common with her except that they're both famous 

Marilyn was a badass progressive for her time

Kim is always silent about problematic shit unless it directly benefits her to speak up about it. Like she could do so much more, and doesn't. 

Marliyn got where she was through hard work and talent

Kim just attached herself to Paris Hilton in the 90s and went from there

Etc

i know it's done and in the past but i haven't stopped thinking about marilyn, who was and has been reduced to her body and beauty but wished for nothing more than for her art to be taken seriously, whose consent and bodily autonomy was denied over and over in her life and today still. a lock of her hair given to anyone rich enough? leave her alone 

:scream::pray: 

mUENGN9.png