Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

BOZ is a huge Lana stan and he knows what she is capable of. Just because he disliked the last two records doesn't mean Lana delivering a good ass album is that "unexpected" by him.

Sure. But he might have expected an album similar to COCC and BB, so if the new one is as "wild" as he said - assuming he was talking about Lana - , his shock/disbelief/relief at how much he loved it shouldn't come as a surprise. 

+ what @hotshot2am said. He tweeted that despite not being a (big) fan of Antonoff's work, when he delivers, the result is amazing (another hint at LDR9 I suppose). 

Just now, BlueGreenGray said:

But he might have expected an album similar to COCC and BB, so if the new one is as "wild" as he said, his shock/disbelief/relief at how much he loved it shouldn't come as a surprise.

this is what I thought as well! Although I know he loves a lot of her work, he seemed pretty disinterested with the direction she was taking after COCC and BB, so I definitely agree it could be about Lana!

4 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

He was definitely talking about Lana, he called one of the Jack Antonoff tracks on the album "amazing".

I was thinking this as well! Does anyone happen to know BoZ’s opinion on Midnights? I remember his tweet being something along the lines of, “When Jack does something right, it’s amazing,” and it was just before Swift released, but I don’t remember him praising Midnights that much, right? Maybe I’m wrong lol

I’m inclined to think it’s about Lana x Jack, but that’s just me:ma:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I was thinking this as well! Does anyone happen to know BoZ’s opinion on Midnights? I remember his tweet being something along the lines of, “When Jack does something right, it’s amazing,” and it was just before Swift released, but I don’t remember him praising Midnights that much, right? Maybe I’m wrong lol

I’m inclined to think it’s about Lana x Jack, but that’s just me:ma:

he didn’t really love midnights, he said the Aaron 3AM tracks were better 

"Don’t forget me"

besides born to die to ultraviolence, i feel lana always teased her next era in some specific track on the previous one, the orchestral old money to honeymoon title track the trip hop of art deco/freak to in my feelings in lust for life to the beach sounds of get free to norman fucking rockwell and so on. And I REALLY WANT HER TO FOLLOW THE STEPS OF BLACK BATHING SUIT FOR GOD'S SAKE

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

Just now, hotshot2am said:

He called Jack's contributions to Midnights useless :smile3:

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

he didn’t really love midnights, he said the Aaron 3AM tracks were better 

IM MOVING AGAIN WE WON:oprah4:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

28 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

okay WOW so im still catching up w/ all the news and processing everything (while, ironically, trying to calm myself down bc my new meds make me crazy :toofunny: what a time for lana hype to come along) and AAAAHHHH... ok so if we can take from eclipse's comment that lana will be influenced by her new boyfie's style/taste/personality - he makes witch house music right? although i doubt she's gonna make a full blown witch house record or anything like that....

it does kinda make me wonder.......

if those types of dark electronic witch housey rap-sorta influences could possibly be present..........

this makes me feel SO HOPEFUL FOR A POTENTIAL YUNG LEAN COLLAB given that they were hanging out earlier this year and THAT IS LITERALLY MY DREAM :icant::icant::icant::icant::icant:

I KNOW ITS UNLIKELY BUT THIS IS THE MOST POSSIBLE ITS EVER FELT

YESSSSSSS calling it now it’s gonna happen whether on this album or on his!

IllegalTotalAdder-max-1mb.gif

6 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

He called Jack's contributions to the music industry useless :smile3:

Based :true:

1 hour ago, NikoGo said:

Why are so many of y’all putting out the worst possible energy :thumb2:

The past few roll outs literally gave us trauma and trust issues :toofunny:

But this time we getting a proper planned rollout , it feels like that so far and it's kinda unbelievable lol

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 hour ago, NikoGo said:

Why are so many of y’all putting out the worst possible energy :thumb2:

she is announcing the album (eclipse already made a thread about it on ATRL) 

her website is down and insiders are talking about the album. There’s no way we’re only getting a single announcement or an announcement for an announcement Wednesday :bebe:

You are absolutely correct and valid, but Lana is also very fickle.

I'm still confident that what we've learned in the past couple days is concrete proof that there is an announcement to be made on the 7th and that Neil Krug is involved in this era's visuals. :smile2:

Claiming track 3, 5, 9 & 11:smokes:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

10 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

She deactivated her social media. That did not happen with NFR.

she wouldn’t tease more with an official account, I think she only shared a snippet of tjf for chem and nothing for bb.

Neil being so hyped for this project is so reassuring. I just want the old chemistry Lana and Neil had, UV visuals were OUTSTANDING, I want LDR9's visuals to be as impactful for me and for the fanbase :air: (And I know they will be :dua:)

red-velvet-irene.gifred-velvet-irene.gifDimCriminalArcticduck-size_restricted.gi
Naughty, naughty, naughty oh we ha ho