Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, Thunder said:

A wordy album deserves a wordy title. Her Fiona Apple moment is coming.

"Behind Del Norte County. Views on my waist deep in icy waves of Mississipi river where i won't get any kind of illness cause my body is a temple and my hearts is one too."

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

She talks a lot about the elements but in her music/imagery she just seems to focus on the fire (cause her sea/ocean references are more in a chill beachy way).

Maybe LDR9 is the water focused album and her swimming in the Mississippi was some kind of performance art  :true:

Watch her jump into every iconic American river once the album is out :thumb3:

I just know she's going to compare herself to a tsunami or something like that on one of the songs :thirst:

Maybe she was also inspired by Rob being a storm chaser or whatever she said 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, EARTHA CLIT said:

wow these leaked lyrics from Waist Deep In Icy Waves are sending me. The automatic writing, damn, can't wait to hear how it sounds

Hide contents

This body, waist deep in icy waves
Tasting sweet wine from beyond the grave
There was something I wanted but didn't say
Juice from green grapes all over my face

I feel so crazy, baby
Crazy, baby
Crazy, crazy, baby, yeah (fuck)

When I look back, tracing fingertips over
Plastic bags, I think I wish I
Could extrapolate
Some small intention
Or maybe get your attention for a minute or two

Breaking my back, taking more sips over
Haunted hags, I speak and I wish I
Could just flap my wings,
Undo all the contention
And throw out this prescription and the other ones too

I feel so crazy, baby
Crazy, baby,
Crazy, crazy, baby, yeah (bitch)

Swimming with Nikki in the Mississippi
Prettiest girl in the heart of Dixie
Hope you like country hicks, these
Men do it like you never could, see

wait are these real im gullible 

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

1 minute ago, jamesss said:

wait are these real im gullible 

No, not real.  They’re playing around lol. 

On 8/21/2022 at 8:12 PM, gsnlp said:

okay but Waist Deep In Icy Waves would be an amazing album title tbh it’s so spicy and fun and glamorous and sexy omg

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523dc8db7419d06ec29dgiphy.gif?cid=82a1493b90al81681zapti8h0zgiphy.gif?cid=82a1493bnkahll1kvpd9vkqdcy

I certainly can see it being a song title. Not necessarily album title but would almost anticipate it to be a track title or prominent lyric.

On 8/21/2022 at 8:12 PM, gsnlp said:

okay but Waist Deep In Icy Waves would be an amazing album title tbh it’s so spicy and fun and glamorous and sexy omg

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523dc8db7419d06ec29dgiphy.gif?cid=82a1493b90al81681zapti8h0zgiphy.gif?cid=82a1493bnkahll1kvpd9vkqdcy

Waist Deep IICy Waves :creepna:

In the Interview they say that day was "unseasonably cold" so I hope it was a coincidence and not the cause of the caption cause I really love it as an album/song title or even a lyric :icant:

Is the water usually cold in NY in the spring?

giphy.gif

what she needs to do is collaborate more with mike dean and danny L harle and release her wildflower wildfire pt.2 hidden place vespertine billions teardrop electro trip hop inspired album :true:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

52 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Waist Deep IICy Waves :creepna:

In the Interview they say that day was "unseasonably cold" so I hope it was a coincidence and not the cause of the caption cause I really love it as an album/song title or even a lyric :icant:

Is the water usually cold in NY in the spring?

The Long Island sound has always been pretty chilly imo

15 hours ago, Jaeden xx said:

Top 3 Unreleased you want on the album?

Me

1. Pawn Shop Blues

2. Heart Shaped Box (Cover)

3. I Talk To Jesus

I think that If I Die Young, Yes To Heaven, or Fine China could work well :true:

18 hours ago, Jaeden xx said:

Top 3 Unreleased you want on the album?

Me

1. Pawn Shop Blues

2. Heart Shaped Box (Cover)

3. I Talk To Jesus

delusional but:

new version of ben with prob a new title - always down 4 her lambasting neglectful lovers (i feel like it could be a much darker version of norman fucking rockwell w sad girl flair)

and i would love a new song that references ufb (come to me, tell me i'm wrong / i'm sober but you're still getting higher) :((

mUENGN9.png

15 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

4. I don't even care about visuals or MVs or whatever. I believe Lana has come to the point where she can be abstract as she pleases, she doesnt have to prove herself through visuals anymore.

Spill. I know you guys love cocc mv but it doesn’t feel like lana to me, i can live without a professional music video for the next eras. It’s all good if she does something in the vein of nfr again visually. :wub:

12 hours ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

the way that her monthly listeners are nearly 28M and keep rising :crying5: She needs to release that single NAOWW!!

Her numbers are insane… and she didn’t release anything new. And it’s not a « small summer » either for female releases (Beyoncé, for example). I bet Interscope doesn’t understand it either. 
but to be fair, it’s BTD, UV and NFR that have the biggest share of the (streaming) cake (I’m curious to see how NFR will do in the next weeks: this album is just magic at the end of summer). These three albums all have big production behind them.

So, if the lead for LDR9 is a big prod single, her numbers could remain insane and create lots of buzz for LDR9 (nobody thought of it, but maybe it’s another « HM situation », where Interscope wants a big lead single for the album, explaining the « near completion » post of Ben; if so, I expect the single to be out in the next weeks). 
whatever she decides to release, I’m here for it. Although I wanted a « sexy summery escape with alternative / vintage Melodies » from her back in May or June, I got satisfied with Beyoncé’s and the new singles of Broken Bells (for the hints of trippy prod). And I also had many good moments with COCC, BB and Violet as well. 

17 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Okay here are some of my thoughts

1. About the unreleased songs

I actually don't mind ifshe put 1 or a few unreleased materials in LDR9 again but as long as they're 100% remake + remastered, i love Blue Banisters but the fact that NOTG / LL / CB werent even mastered, they're just  Youtube rips really haunts me. For instance, if she's putting Yes to Heaven into the album, i prefer her to re-produce & fix some aspects of its lyrics - I am not a The Next Best American Record hater so i dont mind that.

2. As much as i want LDR9 to have her going back to her roots, cinematic, rock signature sounds like BTD/PE, UV, HM. I don't mind if she takes a whole different approach in sound direction - something isnt even alike to either BTD, UV, HM, L4L, NFR or COCC. Something completely fresh. Come to think of it: Lana is always the best when it comes to being UNPREDICTABLE. She is the queen of that, that's her thing.

3. >15 tracks. I don't think I can deal with another <15 tracks album from Lana. It's never enough (& i want another 10-minute serve) 

4. I don't even care about visuals or MVs or whatever. I believe Lana has come to the point where she can be abstract as she pleases, she doesnt have to prove herself through visuals anymore.

I agree pretty much with everything you said. Maybe not the numbers of tracks (the albums feel kinda bloated when there are more than 12-13 tracks and it kinda separates the album in two parts, losing a bit of its cohesion), but any song that could be over 6 min would be a serve (this is what I miss the most from her recent albums: there aren’t that many tracks over 5 minutes. I wouldn’t want her to have long tracks for the sake of it if they don’t go anywhere, anything that builds up and creates a sorta landscape would be lovely).
as for MV and visuals, I see them as bonuses for an album. They are important for marketing and creating buzz, in a way, but I don’t really care that much about them. Sure, when she releases a Rich Lee video or a COCC type of perfection, I’m in awe. But I don’t watch her MV as much as I used to, to be honest.

In Missisippi Where My Waist Deep In Icy Waves In Hudson River I Won Fight With Water, Sun, Clouds Listening Birds Singing And Watching Sycamore Trees Where My Clementine And Violet Is Climbing Using Her Little Hands