Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

This woman has released an album pretty much every year since Born To Die. She released a poetry book in 2020 and 2 albums in 2021. Let her breathe a bit and perfect the album so no one's complaining about "rushed" this or rushed that. Don't say you're over LDR 8 when we all know that you will be streaming whether it comes out in 6 months or 6 years from now. 

I’m okay with her album not coming out soon. Lana doesn’t owe us that, and she released two last year

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

Maybe the album is already finished, but they don't want to destroy the hype around BTD. 450 weeks in the Billboard charts is tremendous. :O It could be a strategic decision to wait until Lana's older music does worse in the charts.

1 hour ago, BrokenBoy said:

This woman has released an album pretty much every year since Born To Die. She released a poetry book in 2020 and 2 albums in 2021. Let her breathe a bit and perfect the album so no one's complaining about "rushed" this or rushed that. Don't say you're over LDR 8 when we all know that you will be streaming whether it comes out in 6 months or 6 years from now. 

1 hour ago, Chemtrail said:

She released 2 albums last year...

I don't think they meant that Lana needs to release something today. Nobody minds waiting if we get something really good. It's more like, if you tell us that something is coming "soon", then something should be coming soon (and that doesn't mean next year). If Lana's in the middle of working on an album, her managers should just refrain from posting about the album as if it's basically already done because it sets up false expectations.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

lana should release sugary sweet and then work on her album for another year or two so we have nfr v2 and on the deluxe sugary sweet the hit single is on it

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

Well, if the lead single of an album comes out in the next six months, « soon » was not a lie. Unless you’re Sky Ferreira :gasp:

seriously, guys, it’s surely the calm before the storm: the album for 2023 is a sure bet, a poetry book is probably coming also, the cover album has some songs already recorded, and there are surely collabs /

side tracks that could be out in the meantime. True, it’s a bit dry at the moment, but we’ll be fed, I’m sure. 

Ok, I barely ever dream about things like this but last night I had a vivid dream that the lead single was out with a mv. The song was very country inspired but still experimental enough to grab your attention. The mv was similar to COCC in regard to special effects. Don't remember the storyline though. It was weird but so good.

53 minutes ago, rural legend said:

Ok, I barely ever dream about things like this but last night I had a vivid dream that the lead single was out with a mv. The song was very country inspired but still experimental enough to grab your attention. The mv was similar to COCC in regard to special effects. Don't remember the storyline though. It was weird but so good.

The only dream about lana I had was that she invited me back stage to give me a tshirt :flutter: i wasn't a fan back then though so I am very confused

41 minutes ago, Trrrrrr said:

I just want the announcement or give us some info abt this album. I don't mind if they drop it in 2023 

They can do a sam smith just dropping an album on the website with no art, tracklist or name just a pre order and say 2023 release and I will actually be excited.

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

She is so successful on Spotify right not and her fan base has grown thanks to TikTok. She should announce an album pre-order about 5 months before release with 4-6 versions of vinyl, her first week sales will be bigger than COTCC and BB, for sure.

I wonder if she might be encouraged to go back to a btd type of sound after all the success she’s been seeing (and her label). There must be some sort of internal discussions. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

2 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

I wonder if she might be encouraged to go back to a btd type of sound after all the success she’s been seeing (and her label). There must be some sort of internal discussions. 

I'm almost sure that's the case. I don't think they would try to make Lana record a specific type of song cause she probably just makes her albums as she want and then maybe takes some light advice from the label... but if there's something on the upbeat side in the coming album they will definitely try to push that as a single.

I don't think Lana can be "tricked" into that tho cause all her latest singles have been ballads and even if the respective albums were on the slow side anyway I'm sure Interscope wanted TFJ as a single for example (and it was at some point considering it was the title track...). The same as IYLDWM being featured in some spotify playlists when BB was released :um2:

Chemtrails wasn't that slow but it was the title track so it was bound to be a single anyway 

At this point it's probably a tug of war between Lana writing and releasing whatever she wants and the label trying to get the maximum profit with what they get :hide:

giphy.gif

our longest album wait was between lust for life & norman f***ing rockwell! (25 months) but ever since then we have been spoiled. we got violet 11 months after norman, chemtrails 8 months after violet & blue banisters 7 months after chemtrails. i am fine waiting for as long as lana needs before another album. we know she is working on new music which is enough for me. some other artists i like wait 3-4 years between releases so i feel lucky that lana does not make us wait that long ever. i am impatient for news but i know it will come when it comes & it will be worth the wait.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

1 hour ago, VioletBunny said:

btd has always been successful and there's various songs from her discography going viral, not only from btd

they definitely wanted her to go back to this type of sound (meeting with adele's producer for ultraviolence, asking her to record an extra radio friendly song for honeymoon) but she proved them wrong on several occassions so i don't even think there's any discussions of this sort at this point in her career nor it should be