Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

10 hours ago, Angelic Tropico said:

On her story, she said that it’s “almost finished”. Why would she release a single so far in advance if the album isn’t done?? This literally is NFR 2.0 :eyeroll2:

Idk anything about anything so someone pls tell me if this is normal in the music industry?

i wouldn't call it "normal", labels usually like for the entire album to be submitted before the rollout even starts. she said the album has been written it's just the production and mixing that needs finishing.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

The new remix is very cool. Pabllo's voice sounds like some old house song sample so it kinda fits all along. The spanish bits... I feel they're sampled of something important (??).

The phrase "Mother Nature's dying and nobody's keeping score" just doesn't fit in any incarnation. It was clunky on the original and it's not getting any better with the remixes... at all. But alright. 

I wonder if the album will have some uptempo songs in the vein of this synthpop, would be great.

The Marilyn line in mans world is interesting to me for 2 reasons 

1. Marilyn famously said “I don’t mind living in a mans world, as long as I can be a woman in it.”

2. “Where man made her legend” ... Marina is attributing marilyn’s status as a legend to men? Why?! 

these 2 weird things makes me wonder if she’s actually kinda shading Marilyn. 

10 minutes ago, urgirl said:

1. Marilyn famously said “I don’t mind living in a mans world, as long as I can be a woman in it.”

2. “Where man made her legend” ... Marina is attributing marilyn’s status as a legend to men? Why?! 

I think Marina had some poor selection of words, people and examples in the lyrics. I feel like she forced the song to be more deep than it was supposed to be.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

45 minutes ago, urgirl said:

From my perspective, she's not talking about her status as legend, but the legend of her love of men and how that is forever symbolized by her bungalow at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Then she brings it around to the fact that that Sheik owns the place.

自由になる自由がある

14 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Can she not just release the second single...Remixes were so 2010...I can’t stand them. 

It's horrible. I love piano or acoustic versions that she releases but I loath remixes.

58 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

does anybody have numb demo cant find nowhere:(

She fucking missed the oportunity last year to re-release TFJ 10th Anniversary edition with CD 1 with the original 13 tracks + TFJ title track + Seventeen + Hollywood single mix + Shampain single mix.
And a CD 2 full of demos and outtakes.

But no... bitch hates her fans, I still adore her anyway <3

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

On 2/2/2021 at 5:16 AM, californianfreak said:

I know jack wasn't exactly popular here but I am gutted for marina. Breaking up after five years together must have been awful and going by the sun article there was no big argument, just that they wanted different things from life... hope you're okay Marina...

Damn, I knew it. I feel bad for both of them, it was a very long relationship. I hope she's okay. 

I wonder if we will get sad bops for this next album. I don't wanna cry with any of her new stuff but if she delivers emotions then I will have to cry for my girl. 

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

On 2/3/2021 at 12:19 PM, EXODUS said:

Her PR and marketing team is doing a bad work once again, even worse than during the L+F singles roll out.

if she even has one 

On 2/4/2021 at 1:55 AM, HEARTCORE said:

whoever did Pabllo's vocal mastering needs to reevaluate their career because honey, that is NOT it

that mixing was honestly offensive default_UM3.gif

17 hours ago, EXODUS said:

She fucking missed the oportunity last year to re-release TFJ 10th Anniversary edition with CD 1 with the original 13 tracks + TFJ title track + Seventeen + Hollywood single mix + Shampain single mix.
And a CD 2 full of demos and outtakes.

But no... bitch hates her fans, I still adore her anyway <3

I legit believe she likes to be kinda hateful and "dry" to her fans tbh but who cares? Marina's probably one of the most disliked alternative singers out there (and it's partially understandable) so anyway <3

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

she needs to release an international electra heart 10th anniversary edition with buy the stars, sex yeah, living dead, lonely hearts club, radioactive, evol, electra heart, maybe even just desserts, and some unreleased tracks if we're lucky such as scab and plaster, miss y and jealousy, let alone acoustic versions of radioactive, starring role and lies; these are the highlights of her career and they show her vocal and emotional strength at their best. and who cares if some tracks don't fit the electra heart story concept (like miss y), i mean, it's just a reedition of her most iconic era for her fans. if she misses such an amazing opportunity i have no words left.

original.gif

1 hour ago, Loreen said:

I legit believe she likes to be kinda hateful and "dry" to her fans tbh but who cares? Marina's probably one of the most disliked alternative singers out there (and it's partially understandable) so anyway <3

Why is she one of the most disliked alt artists? What's she done (apart from the 2020 cop tweet)?

2 minutes ago, DaddyKnows said:

I was hoping for her to do the same thing with 'Electra Heart' next year, since we have so many great stuff, 'Miss Why, Scab & Plaster, Eternity etc', and even the songs that aren't on streaming services in general ('Just Desserts, E.V.O.L., Electra Heart), it could easily fit into a 2nd disc, but... it probably won't happen too.

It might happen. When things didn't go according to plan this past era, she jumped straight back on the EH train and gave us some merch

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

I think there's some deep agenda about record labels and their artists unreleaseds songs. It would be so much clever + interesting to put an ep or re-release of an old album with lets say 5 new songs from the era whatever but no, they rather release lame remixes

Ps: this is no shade towards Marina since shes in a new era and tbh im quite enjoying the remixes so far but it doesnt happen quite often