Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

4 hours ago, rare said:

yeah but i think that the meaning of the track is more than just “oh i don’t wanna live in a world with man” 

i think that what she means with this track is that she doesn’t wanna live in a world with toxic masculinity and where everyone but the straight white hetero rich men are f*cked

theres even the part where she talks about the sheik that “killed thousands of gay men”

maybe that’s why marina chose specifically pabllo for the remix, so that people can understand the wider meaning of the song

So she can kill pabllo jk

6 hours ago, Yosemite said:

Coming this Thursday

EtKO8JtU4AEGlDl?format=jpg&name=large

As long as it's a bop, I'm fine. 

Not excited tho, at all. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Marina posted a snippet of an instrumental track (presumably from a song she’s working on for her upcoming record) & it sounds absolutely beautiful -

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I know jack wasn't exactly popular here but I am gutted for marina. Breaking up after five years together must have been awful and going by the sun article there was no big argument, just that they wanted different things from life... hope you're okay Marina...

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

so they broke up, wbk. i'm sure this news is kinda late, which is fine. i hope they're both okay and she's ready to release new material. i wonder what flowers is about? maybe it's just an intro or something?

original.gif

Just now hearing the news about the split up, and tbh, I’m happy for her. There’s nothing more empowering than ending things on a mutual note. This will give her more time to reconnect with her independent self. I hope hope HOPE that this melancholy/relief is channeled into the record. I miss sad merna