Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, kitschesque said:

She said on the note on the last IG page that she recorded a part of his sermon

Lana and Jack also have songwriting credit on the interlude it so it can't be just a recording, maybe they added instrumentals?

Maybe the interlude is the pastor's sermon intercut with Lana talking to him and asking questions but he just keeps going on with his sermon like he can't hear her at all :crying4:

9 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Maybe the interlude is the pastor's sermon intercut with Lana talking to him and asking questions but he just keeps going on with his sermon like he can't hear her at all :crying4:

one thing lana will never do is make criticism over catholicism

and also for giving me Margaret

30 minutes ago, #glimmeringdarling said:

I actually like the song.. it’s like she had to let go of the strong woman ‘I’m your man’ and dive back into the ‘I’m nothing without you’.. I like that she’s letting her hair back down, you can tell she’s having a hard time being openly vulnerable again.. but she said fuck it.. I hear the melody from Old Money the ‘Ill run run run’ it has that reminiscent energy. You can tell it was written by the same waters that inspired Mariners.. it sounds like IYLDWM and LMLYLAW.. but it’s coming straight from the honest heart of Lana as a lost woman.. we are all lost, hell.. the choir in the back brings a lot of soul which I like.. it actually takes a lot for an artist to want to use somebody else’s voice/voices in their art.. you can tell she’s tired of doing it all on her own... she’s relied on friends and family in BB, she’s relied on lovers that have abandoned here, substance usage/addictions, a mother that probably neglected her..those issues are real.. you can tell she’s trying to see the light which is never easy and putting it all on display is very commendable ..

you should be a review writer lol

😋🫶🏼

1 hour ago, #vapeinfluencer said:

ok but the question is...is ocean one of her best title tracks?

as much as I love the song... no

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

6 minutes ago, kaliuchis said:

one thing lana will never do is make criticism over catholicism

I actually think Tropico was quite critical of it. For me she was expressing how it was unfair for Eve to be condemned for taking a bite of the apple and that it wasn't her fault that the temptation was put in front of her. She even alludes to it again in Paradise is Very Fragile. 

She also tells us in I Talk To Jesus only to read the red, which are the words of Jesus. I think she's obviously religious and spiritual but I don't think she follows religion blindly and is aware of the negatives too.

So I waited for 24 hours to make a comment on the song and the album as a whole. The song makes me cry every time I listen to it. I don’t know why. There’s a sense of profound sadness when I listen to the song and think about the album and the visuals. I don’t know what that means or why it’s happening. I’ve never felt like this for an album of hers before. So there’s that.

2 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

I’m really not sure why but I kinda feel like The Grants is gonna give Summertime The Gershwin Version. and i hate that song 😭 the title is giving me that for some reason!

BOZ said that the song should’ve been used in an album trailer though so it’s probably really cinematic

summertime slander? ur tasteless, im afraid.

😋🫶🏼

i'm not gonna fully rail on it yet (because i haven't heard it) but i'm genuinely not having a great feeling about that track 5 sermon interlude

especially considering some of the pastor's beliefs :awkney:

and i'm lowkey sideeyeing some of the people trying to defend it (and failing) - emphasis on lowkey, it's not out yet (but also lana is DEFINITELY not infallible and some of you need to have that hammered into your cerebellum)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

23 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

one single with 0 promo that no one knew would come out yesterday vs the lead single of one of the biggest tv series ever only for it to end up barely getting 100k streams more :rip:

Exactly. Also, Watercolor Eyes had a full first day of tracking, while only 8 hours were counted for Ocean Blvd. I hope that the song will be added on several playlists on Spotify and the gays on TikTok make it go viral, because the potential is there. :makeup:

18 minutes ago, DCooper said:

wait this concept eats:eartha2:

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

3 hours ago, lanasbottom said:

How many interludes do we think we’ll get ? i’d say 2-3. Each interlude introducing a new "act" in the album would be great. Kinda like chromatica but actually good and not unlistenable garbage :xtina:

I think the Tommy Genesis collab is gonna be one of the interludes tbh

😋🫶🏼

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

and i'm lowkey sideeyeing some of the people trying to defend it (and failing) - emphasis on lowkey, it's not out yet (but also lana is DEFINITELY not infallible and some of you need to have that hammered into your cerebellum)

Speculating on its significance on the record is not the same thing as defending it. We have no idea what it is yet so it's interesting to discuss different possibilities of what its purpose will be. I'm certainly not thrilled about the idea of a pastor's sermon, but I believe that Lana has a vision for the record and didn't throw it on to preach at us, because that is not her style at all.

5 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i'm not gonna fully rail on it yet (because i haven't heard it) but i'm genuinely not having a great feeling about that track 5 sermon interlude

i'm of the opinion that if you support something that oppresses a group knowing that said group is oppressed and/or unfavoured by them, you cannot be supportive of those oppressed by nature :bebe:

as much as i know lana (probably) loves us, i am equally as worried about this track :xgiggle:

then again im not a supporter or fan of religion for the above reason so it could be the best track on the album... stay positive ladies :trisha:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Just now, DCooper said:

Speculating on its significance on the record is not the same thing as defending it. We have no idea what it is yet so it's interesting to discuss different possibilities of what its purpose will be. I'm certainly not thrilled about the idea of a pastor's sermon, but I believe that Lana has a vision for the record and didn't throw it on to preach at us, because that is not her style at all.

well i'm certainly skeptical of it considering that he's her pastor and she's spoken about going to him for guidance - and he's also said some... questionable things about lgbtq+ people - nothing outright homophobic but certainly strange and i just don't really have a great feeling about it :bebe:

hoping that you're right and that it's not that significant but i do have a legitimate right to be concerned and i've seen others express the same concern as well

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i’m so scared that it’s gonna be this era’s controversy :lange: although if it’s that bad i feel like BOZ would’ve said something other than just “it’s not for me”

Just now, the ocean said:

well i'm certainly skeptical of it considering that he's her pastor and she's spoken about going to him for guidance - and he's also said some... questionable things about lgbtq+ people - nothing outright homophobic but certainly strange and i just don't really have a great feeling about it :bebe:

hoping that you're right and that it's not that significant but i do have a legitimate right to be concerned and i've seen others express the same concern as well

For sure and I'm concerned too, I was not pleased to see his name on the cover, believe me I am very anti-religion lol but I also am curious to see what her intention is and I trust/hope that she has a reason for including it.