Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

7 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

The meltdowns yesterday after @sweetie said the cover has all collaborators on it, including her pastor :thumb3:

Plsss I imagined them all standing like

🧍‍♂️🧍‍♂️🧍‍♀️🧍‍♂️🧍‍♂️🧍‍♂️🧍‍♀️🧍‍♂️

with Lana not even in the center of the picture :hide:

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, Map of LA said:

"As her career goes Lana challenges herself as a songwriter more and that requires listener to adjust. Many of the new songs are gonna be very long, not bound to conventional structure, centered around lyricism, raw poetry. It takes letting go old Lana style to appreciate new one." - BoZ

VERY LONG SONGS? UNCONVENTIONAL STRUCTURES? :oprah4:

Oh I WON and so many people on here are about to lose.

That’s what I love most about her, she is always trying to grow FOR HERSELF. It’s not about “reinvention” (an arbitrary and selfish demand the media places on artists so therefore the GP does too). Lana’s writing is the North Star of her art—it’s no longer the grand sound her label pushed for, it’s her imagery, her iconography, the geography, and her life story—which was all on even BTD, hidden underneath expensive and precise production. I think what she thinks about most is how she can evolve as a writer, which is a personal decision that often has nothing to do with a pre-set sound or even aesthetic. She’s made it clear she always follows her muse—the genuine inspiration that comes to her while she’s driving or drinking her coffee, or at some gardening store (God knows where)! That is such a gift and she always honors it and follows it.

I think a lot about the Interview Magazine interview where she said she knows where she needs to go as a writer, but it’s going to take a lot of work and isolation, maybe even classes. Who else out there is even talking about that?

She’s just on another plane to me, and it’s truly inspiring. For her to wade into AUTOMATIC SINGING (?!) and trust in herself enough to put those works on the album show a genuineness, vulnerability—even an imperfectness to her art (first takes, voice memos, voice breaks, etc.) that is extremely rare in manufactured music these days. Yet she still holds acclaim as one of the greatest artists of our generation. Literally her raw cuts and demos could outperform full studio records from most of the biggest artists today.

She’s in a league of her own!!!

3 hours ago, Writer In The Dark said:

this is her most cinematic song since Lust For Life, and this is how I imagined Lana would sound when she got older. Full of emotions, lyricism, and orchestras.

FINALLY some LFL title track praise. That song is stunning. The doowop background vocals. The drums, bells, synths and sound effects (yes, even the whale/wolf) all come together to make an amazing landscape of music. Her description of "retro futuristic" is SPOT ON. And I've never heard anyone else come even slightly close to what she accomplished there. One of my biggest wishes over the last few years is that she give us another accomplishment of sound like that. And I have to say, COCC title track, And now Ocean Boulevard have joined the ranks. The instruments twinkle and swirl around you like a mini tornado of emotions. Voices whispering to you. Thoughts, wishes, little prayers and manifestations. All guiding you towards the hope for a better tomorrow. One where you love yourself, and have those you love at your side to keep you afloat when it all seems too much to bear. :flutter:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

7 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

I’m literally pointing out that she’s divorcing herself further and further into a small niche over having general appeal making this type music consistently.

This isn't true at all. Her numbers are bigger than ever and the buzz for her is consistently huge, and people for the most part have moved on from all her controversies. This album is going to be massive for her. If anything she's becoming less niche and widening her audience as she's also appealing to an older crowd that may have unfairly dismissed her as depressing or dark before. She's speaking to the soul so deeply lately and it is resonating with a lot of people as her themes are so universal and relatable.

I'm still curious about the other photoshoot (single cover and the other similar picture). It's giving me VB/HIAB MV so maybe they filmed a cute simple video? But I think she would have released it already...

I don't mind not getting big MVs (even though I'd love it) but I'd like at least some visuals even if it's just a bts of the shoot(s).

Maybe Mike filmed her on the swing again:hide:

giphy.gif

Given how good the photoshoot was and the vinyl covers something tells me we can definitely expect visuals in some capacity during this rollout. :true: Maybe not MV's but maybe an album trailer and some other stuff 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

So I assume that including Jon Batiste and Bleachers on the collaborators part means they are also singing on (some of) their tracks :bebe:

Jon has a lovely voice but I couldn't care less about Jack's (his voice is nice but it's just the basic indie rock singer voice that I'm not that excited about) so I hope he gets snowonthebeach-ed. Sorry Jack :krylie:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

So I assume that including Jon Batiste and Bleachers on the collaborators part means they are also singing on (some of) their tracks :bebe:

Jon has a lovely voice but I couldn't care less about Jack's (his voice is nice but it's just the basic indie rock singer voice that I'm not that excited about) so I hope he gets snowonthebeach-ed. Sorry Jack :krylie:

Not really a fan of Jack's vocals either - American Whore is probably the Bleachers collaboration 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

If the album’s gonna be anything like NFR or a more mature NFR, we WON

NFR had a pretty good variety too, but was pretty cohesive. Everyone can find a few songs they really love and other songs they don’t really use. That’s how i interpret the comment BOZO made regarding LDR9 having variety, but not in the sense of LFL which wasn’t really cohesive (regardless it was great)

:ma:

13 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Imagine a drawn music video in the style of the vinyl/cd art :flutter:

like shameika by fiona apple omg but instead of actual lips they are coochie lips

and also for giving me Margaret