Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

do we have her titties cover art in HQ? I NEED THAT FOR MY ITUNES LIBRARY :angie:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

9 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

Does a song need to be technically perfect for me to think that it's perfect? 

Reveal hidden contents

absolutely fucking not :blush:

Nobody's going to catch me overanalyzing every aspect of the song and trying to find things to complain about instead of idk appreciating music history being made :gurl: 

exactly

plus, one of the things I love about Lana’s more recent music is how unpolished/raw it can be (and still sound good). Studio chatter left in, sounds of drumsticks being put down, laughing, sneezing, vape puffs… it’s just fun. When it sounds this good and works this well, it doesn’t have to be super polished. All the background noise and sound in A&W is really enjoyable and intentional , if you ask me.

1 minute ago, Umaniac said:

I’m not sure what’s the discussion about Jack I ain’t reading five pages but he’s production really sounds the same all the time. I mean the drums from chemtrails make their return on dyk and the beats on A&w sounds just like cinnamon. You can tell a Jack song by some key instruments and that sucks. Also his beats sounds just like a teenager making music on GarageBand. I mean just compare his beats to summer bummer. As much as I love this song, I love it because of the structure, story and lyrics and i wish it was produced by someone different because when I hear those tiny sounding beats I can’t help but lost all my hype on Lana’s amazing vision and artistry.

I was pro Jack back on nfr because he really does know how to compose a song but on the other hand his production… he was fine for an album but the more I hear his sound I get more annoyed at it. 

okay but don't u think that Jack's songs might sound similar bc he has a certain style of production? and that style of production is what makes him so successful and sought after. Just like u can tell a Lana song is a Lana song, you can also tell when a song is produced by Jack. Thats what makes him special. Obviously Lana continues to work with Jack because he aligns with her "amazing vision and artistry" rn so idk what ur talking about. 

PSA: I am not a Jack stan lol 

Idk. I love Jack’s production and his work with Lana. And clearly Lana does, too. So maybe I’m not the right person to chime in here. But we basically have a full album with him again, luvs, so… buckle up, haha.

My extensive take for A&W.

Spoiler

I think the majority of lana stans are interpretating the A&W in a literal sense. I think the whole first part of the song is much more a construction of a persona, that represents lana del rey and how the public's eye see her, she's is an american whore because everyone uses her for something but never for who she really is. It feels like she blames herself for being famous and thats why ''she already fucked up her history". The character ''Jim'' can possibly be the person that she hooked up on the hotel and describes later on in the second part of the song. What is interesting of this character is much more his place on the song than the context of this name, because he portraits exactly what the industry does to her, they came in, they fuck with her, when they're done, they leave because they just wanna use her body, its not about love anymore.+ the sound effect in the intermission between the parts seems like someone zipping their pants like, ''job's done''.  Its like her lifepath led her to become the american whore that they want, they want to say everything about her and thats why she doesnt care about anything anymore, she knows that even if she was in her worst (like being raped) they would blame her, because they wanna perceive her as just an object. I think she just mentions her mom in the beggining and the cart wheel to make a time stamp of when she lost her innonsense and how much time passed since shes in this bussiness of being a industry whore. Also, i think she doesnt refere directly to the industry in the song, even though most of theses experiences of being unworthy might've been done by it, this is a cultural pathology of the whole american culture thats why shes simply the AMERICAN whore, is a critique for the whole nation view towards fame and woman and while she was just love and having affairs she notice how society is harsh and shes a victim of it.

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

2 hours ago, burthday kake said:

why does anything less than a totally positive reaction to the song have to be considered nitpicking & meaningless discourse tho

:deadbanana:

personally i find it interesting/ refreshing  to see some diff perspectives than “‘magnum opus” “best thing since VB” etc

let the ppl speak!!!!!!! 

edit: typos sjsjsj 

Because this is LanaBoards.com and any discussion not praising Lana or Jack is deemed as hateful, repetitive and annoying, despite these sorts of discussions being just as valid as any other discussions.

Now, don't confuse me for someone that has something negative to say about A&W, because I think it's a fantastic song, with a great production and a quite unusual and refreshing sound for Lana. But I'm so fucking over people glossing over discussions and getting in their feelings when other fans have something slightly negative, or critical, to say--which goes against the general love blanket and makes you feel like you have to watch every damn word you say on a discussion board. 

15 minutes ago, Umaniac said:

I’m not sure what’s the discussion about Jack I ain’t reading five pages but he’s production really sounds the same all the time. I mean the drums from chemtrails make their return on dyk and the beats on A&w sounds just like cinnamon. You can tell a Jack song by some key instruments and that sucks. Also his beats sounds just like a teenager making music on GarageBand. I mean just compare his beats to summer bummer. As much as I love this song, I love it because of the structure, story and lyrics and i wish it was produced by someone different because when I hear those tiny sounding beats I can’t help but lost all my hype on Lana’s amazing vision and artistry.

I was pro Jack back on nfr because he really does know how to compose a song but on the other hand his production… he was fine for an album but the more I hear his sound I get more annoyed at it. 

First of all yall know im the main Jack hater here.. theres no comparision to cinnamid girl. This is actually his first song that doesnt sound either the same or boring. The production is good, not muffled, no cheap drums/beats, no jingle bells, theres not even a similar song in all of her discography

2 minutes ago, West Coast said:

But I'm so fucking over people glossing over discussions and getting in their feelings when other fans have something slightly negative, or critical, to say--which goes against the general love blanket and makes you feel like you have to watch every damn word you say on a discussion board. 

:smokes2: spilled 

fave song ever cant stop listening

my only nitpick is ‘diary of a teenage girl’ (the actual title) just rolls off the tongue so much more nicely. i wonder why she chose to mispronounce the movie title :um2:

ironically that’s my favorite verse :true:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

"Jack bad" "jack good" okay moving on because nobody cares anymore!

We're getting the album in 36 days. Sweet has started to climb the ranks in my most anticipated tracks because of its placement between the two songs we have as of right now. I've also been thinking a lot about The Grants since we got A&W. I really feel so strongly about this album being a thematic journey that we get to go on with Lana and I'm so excited for it. 

imageproxy.jpg

7 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

"Jack bad" "jack good" okay moving on because nobody cares anymore!

Judging by a few comments here, and not even my own commentary this time around, that seems like an inaccurate conclusion. It's still a contentious point of discussion. :)

A&W just got the Best New Track from Pitchfork, the biggest streaming day on Spotify for her ever and a 94/100 score on AOTY (and there aren't many Lana fans on that site), but apparently it's us who's exaggerating just because this is "something new" for Lana, please. :sideeye: