Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

44 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

So no one’s received their LP yet today by accident?

my amazon says that my pink exclusive vinyl is arriving by tuesday on the 14th but hasn’t been shipped yet ..

4 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Say yes to 🍋, say yes to 🧀

The song is 🥱, it needs to 😴

i've got my eyes closed too

yeah i've got my eyes closed too

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

5 minutes ago, melodrama said:

We should get FINE CHINA on streaming instead of Say Yes To Heaven y'all bfr :toofunny:

Yes to Heaven would be a cute move, but Fine China alongside would be better like you said.

but I think 🧐 Yes to Heaven would take a lot of attention away from the new album…

5 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Things are unclear as ever. If 'The Grants' is going to be released as a the next single, they'd better hurry, unless they intend to release it as a single on the 24th, simultaneous with the album (which really makes no sense in the 21st century).

The RS interview was also mystifying--in what sense was BB a revenge album? We've heard a lot about that and yet it all seems to come to very little. Just due to the end of 'Arcadia' and 'BBS', and 'WFWF' in its commentary about her mother? I like all three songs, but the first two are tepid as 'revenge.'  

it’s the same thing for NFR being this major social commentary thing…. when you cannot find 5 lines on the album that even vaguely pertain to social commentary. she has a strange perception of her own work, and so do the critics sometimes 

2 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

It wasn’t a revenge album at all-it addressed some minor recent circumstances very vaguely and I’m one of the few on here who like the album.

arcadia was satirically parodying America and her love for it-using BTD Esque strings.

Black bathing suit had a few lines about people generating controversy from her comments giving her publicity=money.

Textbook had her saying she supports BLM.

Wildflower had a few lines supporting her having a strained relationship with her mom

Hey, I love BB too, except for the title track and 'The Trio,' which seemed out of place. It's one of my favorites of all her albums. I took the BLM line seriously, and understand it in what I think the intended context was. 

Just now, Cherry Blossom said:

The only right answers are Roses Bloom For You and a political outtake from LFL. 

Roses and probably Fine China/Cult Leader since it ties in with the Ocean narrative. 

She did tease a cult leader jacket back in june...

I rly dont get the people thirsting for unreleased songs to be released. Like y'all listened to them for ages, what makes a difference..? They would only take space from fresh new songs. Lana literally ripped some off YT and look what happened to BB. The songs weren't even mastered well 💀🥱🥱🥱🥱

7 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Say yes to 🍋, say yes to 🧀

The song is 🥱, it needs to 😴

This song needs to :rip:

My last post on this and now I'll shut up about SYTH :bebe:

Spoiler

SYTH/The Grants double release

• BoZ said "not a new music project" and not "related to any Ocean album tracks". Both are specific enough that it can be the release of an old unreleased track. He also posted a headphone emoji indicating it might be music related.
  • The Grants was likely written with SYTH in mind, there are 4 lyric similarities (mind, dance, heaven, me).
  • Lana recently posting a TikTok screenshot with SYTH on it as a search suggestion.
  • Something "for the fans", this song is a fan favourite, or at least among casual fans.
  • We will know about the surprise next week, which is also the release week of The Grants.