Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

the song deserves a great MV :trisha:

I was just thinking the same yesterday, when I blasted the song with a glass of wine. I could totally see Lana singing in that damn tunnel not wanting to be forgotten :cryney2:

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

the song deserves a great MV :trisha:

I kinda want Chuck to direct it but with a real camera and direction :x

I feel like this song deserves an "indie" MV

Spoiler

This album is already amazing to me and we’ve only heard the title track. 
 before the COCC era, she had posted a clip from From Here to Eternity, which is Golden Age Hollywood, an era I absolutely adore. Back then, I thought it was a hint of things to come (I now know I don’t Stan Taylor haha :delicious: and that almost nothing is a clue with Lana). Needless to say it wasn’t. 
so, to hear those grand strings on that vulnerable ballad, with those vintage inspired album covers, this is a dream to me, an almost return to HM with the lyricism of BB :omg: Not that I want the whole album to sound like that, but so far, I am a happy camper :angie:

Based on the writing credits, I’ve seen that Jon Batiste penned two tracks with her. Maybe it’s for two separate songs, but I’m leaning towards Rockefeller having an interlude as an intro or outro :ma:

sorry if it’s been discussed, but Wednesday, being a Lana Stan was a full-time job and I had very little time to process everything :oprah2:

this is actual footage of me trying to catch up with everything on Wednesday :monica:

I played the title track this morning directly after I woke up & I ascended & transcended:wowcry:

The song sounds even more beautiful every time I listen to it, it's gonna age like wine:krylie:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

4 hours ago, DragonWhore said:

So there's been love, there's been hate, there's been indifference about DYKTTATUOB. I dropped the hint about Ocean Blvd half a year ago, so here's more.

But lets get this straight, those who say it's not a departure from COCC and BB have no idea what they're talking about. 

The title track, which you have all heard by now, has nothing to do with those previous records. If you think it does, it's because you have an unrefined ear. Listen better, bitch. 

DYKTTATUOB is sonically the softest song on the album. It pulls reference from Honeymoon big time (strings) and others.....but the rest, you'll see.

We're going for CULT VIBES. Northern California, Fog, Redwood, Cold Beach. Sermons. Can't you see that from the cover and art? I've been saying this for a half year.

You're going to faint, that's all I am going to say.

I'm intrigued:defeated: The possibility that she must have chose sonically the softest song on the album as a lead single does not surprise me. She always does that. I am waiting the album sound so much different than Ocean Blvd. So I am officially a TEAM WHORE member.(don't let me down whore im just a soul whose intentions are good) :smokes::smokes:

15 minutes ago, Golden Hour said:

Crossing 300 plays already. It's genuinely all I have been able to listen to. This album is going to destroy me. 

300 PLAYS ALREADY? Are my eyes deceiving me? Lana should send you a personalised thank you note lmao I don't think I've ever listened to a song 300 times in my entire life :trisha:

ZKcaooE.png

18 minutes ago, Golden Hour said:

Crossing 300 plays already. It's genuinely all I have been able to listen to. This album is going to destroy me. 

I thought my 72 plays is a lot. :oprah2:

giphy.gif

I've honestly had the song on repeat since it came out. While that isn't necessarily unusual there is something so very special about this one. To me it is just so easily relatable and really enables the listener to truly connect being many of us have these same feelings--longing, wanting love and acceptance, feeling empty and lost, wanting to not be forgotten. These are all universal. While I love love love the last two albums and title tracks I feel like this one is more easily accessible because it's not as specific. The lyrics and metaphors used are much more general, open, and universal. Not sure if it was this thread but I saw a few of you guys mention the emotion felt when listening to this and I definitely have felt the same. Beautiful track, yet another classic.

This album really feels so special, I can't quite put my finger on it but I am ready for what's to come. Super intrigued with all the info, def think we are in for an interesting journey album wise.