Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, All Around the Moon said:

I feel like this was completely glazed over. What do we think this means? I associate waves with NFR, but I also don't think she's returning to that sound based on what BOZ has said.

I interpreted it as Honeymoon and NFR. Both give me beach/ocean vibes. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

31 minutes ago, takemetothegasstation said:

Have not listened to a single other song since this came out. Lana has blessed us once again. :pray2:

but you must listen to SZA's new album at some point! It's really good

46 minutes ago, the new snow song said:

violet also had its own era too & lana promoted it way more than she promoted chemtrails or blue banisters. but no one will get me to count paradise without violet (or violet without paradise). plus to me aka always made more sense to count officially than either paradise or violet anyway. they are more like mini side albums.

well I do count paradise since it was supposed to be a full length album, so it makes sense that Lana is seeing Paradise as an album (since she made enough tracks to call it an album). But I do not count Violet since it's poetry.

I also count AKA because it was her debut, no matter if it's mostly unknown for many people  ...and she even re-recorded Yayo so she must count that one too ... 

for me it's her upcoming 10th album since I see it as:

1.AKA 2.Born To Die 3.Paradise 4.UV 5.Honeymoon 6.L4L 7.NFR 8.Chemtrails 9.Blue Banisters 10.Ocean BLVRD 

22 minutes ago, All Around the Moon said:

I feel like this was completely glazed over. What do we think this means? I associate waves with NFR, but I also don't think she's returning to that sound based on what BOZ has said.

I’m thinking something that evokes the ocean! The title track feels very oceanic with the pulsing, almost muddy drums and the strings that feel like the ebbs and flows of the sea. It reminds me a lot of Les Baxter’s “Jewels of the Sea”.

I think the other ballads on the album will be in the same vein as the title track, but as for the rest of the album—namely tracks like American Whore or the Tommy Genesis collab—I’m thinking it will be a bit more surfy with electric guitars (though not as casual-sounding as the ones on NFR, maybe a bit more dark and eerie like the ones on Freak) :illumilana2:

I’ve seen some debates about how she’s lost her essence or isn’t the same as pre-NFR ( or even pre-LFL ) but I really think this way of writing she has come to perfect is where she was going all this time. There were hints of it in songs like Yayo and Pawn Shop Blues and more recently on MAC, Hope is a dangerous thing, and a few songs on Blue Banisters. I think this is where she was headed and has really refined the poetic lyric writing with this most recent release. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

6 minutes ago, coldsparklingmountaindew said:

well I do count paradise since it was supposed to be a full length album, so it makes sense that Lana is seeing Paradise as an album (since she made enough tracks to call it an album). But I do not count Violet since it's poetry.

I also count AKA because it was her debut, no matter if it's mostly unknown for many people  ...and she even re-recorded Yayo so she must count that one too ... 

for me it's her upcoming 10th album since I see it as:

1.AKA 2.Born To Die 3.Paradise 4.UV 5.Honeymoon 6.L4L 7.NFR 8.Chemtrails 9.Blue Banisters 10.Ocean BLVRD 

if lana never said this was her 10th album & if the album cover never said it was her 9th, i would have considered it her 11th honestly. violet is poetry but it is still an album. she is not the first person to release a spoken word poetry album. in many ways it holds more album status than paradise since paradise will always be connected to born to die even if we & lana see it as its own thing yet violet is completely on its own as its own project. but either way both can be debated as "not really an album" & i respect that. & i know lana does not count aka (but both david bowie & elton john did not count their debut albums til many decades later either) but it was a real released full-length studio album so it makes more sense to count than paradise or violet. but ultimately it does not matter. each fan is gonna count her albums the way they want & we will never all agree on a proper line up. for me personally if this is her nineth, i am counting aka but not paradise & violet even tho i know many other fans will not agree. & that is ok. we do not need to agree. whatever helps each of us sleep at night

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

5 hours ago, the new snow song said:

if lana never said this was her 10th album & if the album cover never said it was her 9th, i would have considered it her 11th honestly. violet is poetry but it is still an album. she is not the first person to release a spoken word poetry album. in many ways it holds more album status than paradise since paradise will always be connected to born to die even if we & lana see it as its own thing yet violet is completely on its own as its own project. but either way both can be debated as "not really an album" & i respect that. & i know lana does not count aka (but both david bowie & elton john did not count their debut albums til many decades later either) but it was a real released full-length studio album so it makes more sense to count than paradise or violet. but ultimately it does not matter. each fan is gonna count her albums the way they want & we will never all agree on a proper line up. for me personally if this is her nineth, i am counting aka but not paradise & violet even tho i know many other fans will not agree. & that is ok. we do not need to agree. whatever helps each of us sleep at night

The thing is, by 'album,' most people in the West, going back 50 years or more, commonly think of 'album' as a music album, unless the word is also qualified by 'comedy,' 'spoken word,' or 'poetry.' That's just the tradition in the West. 

lana could literally say with her own mouth aka and violets are not counted as albums and you would still continue this debate im BORED lets talk about the TRACKLIST (that we dont have):oprah3:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

1 hour ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Wait... Did you know... It's not the lead?:hdu:

With lana the lines between official singles and promo songs are really blurred :thumb2:

Like for example Love felt like a lead single but LMLYLAW or Honeymoon (song) were more like first tastes of the album (with Chemtrails and HBTB being the actual "leads")

I also feel the same with all the pre FIILY/TG Norman songs cause we didn't get a proper video until then and they were released really in advance.

Since we got the whole preorder with the title track this time it feels like a real lead single even though we didn't get a MV (yet I hope).

It's an arbitrary classification at this point I guess :um2:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

We'll get crumbs of AKA eventually. She already released Yayo and that PSB video I'm sure she has at least another couple of songs there she'll want to revisit but there's no way she re-releases the whole thing :eek:

She she re-releases it but swaps out PMIAM for Trash Magic or Let My Hair Down :beyonce:

whatarecoloris.jpg

35 minutes ago, archiemm said:

lana could literally say with her own mouth aka and violets are not counted as albums and you would still continue this debate im BORED lets talk about the TRACKLIST (that we dont have):oprah3:

she literally said multiple times that violet is counted as an album tho & people still argued it was not. people will go on & on saying paradise is an album bc she counts it yet they pretend not to hear her when she says violet is an album. idk why everyone gets so offended whenever some of us do count violet, like just live your life

5 minutes ago, the new snow song said:

she literally said multiple times that violet is counted as an album tho & people still argued it was not. people will go on & on saying paradise is an album bc she counts it yet they pretend not to hear her when she says violet is an album. 

Yeah but the album cover says ninth album 

Discussion over. 

Like who gives a fuck if you all count this one as LDR9 LDR10 LDR11 or LDR100, anyone can count her projects the way they want to, for Lana it's her album no. 10  and for her label/ management album 9.

Like I said before we can call this LDR9 at least like Ben did. Then we hopefully are all happy;)

Edit: this not directly dedicated to you but more general

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Just now, Ocean Boulevard said:

Yeah but the album cover says ninth album 

Discussion over. 

Like who gives a fuck if you all count this one as LDR9 LDR10 LDR11 or LDR100, anyone can count her projects the way they want to, for Lana it's her album no. 10  and for her label/ management album 9.

Like I said before we can call this LDR9 at least like Ben did. Then we hopefully are all happy;)

i literally said in my post before that it doesn't matter how we count her albums. but if it is nineth, then to me i choose to include aka not paradise or violet since that makes sense to me. idk why everyone is so mad that i will not count paradise without violet. like it does not matter & does not affect any of your lives in any way. we do not all have to agree & that is ok