Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, Jeanne Dielman said:

Lol, this is kind of insane. A surprise drop + no social media to promote + no MV. If this keeps performing well this weekend, it could crack BB Hot 100. :tommy::blush3:

if she makes American Whore a single that’ll end up on BB Top 10

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

as a hardcore stan of lana for almost 10 years now it’s been a while since a single of hers has moved me to tears like this. this album is about to destroy us i fear… :defeated:

2 minutes ago, Elle said:

I hate that it’s sort of because of me that this whole debate started since it was my comment saying “LDR9 IS COMING” that she replied to saying “10 if u include… Violet” :toofunny: But I also love that she checked me, my friends and I were laughing about it for days. Iconic, really x

I triple dog dare you to re-comment on that exact post "Hmm :hooker:"

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

15 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

'Paradise' is of my top three LDR albums (EP or not). 'Cola' and 'G&M' were reasons why I couldn't get that enthused about UV when it dropped. 'Yayo' and 'Bel Air' are amazing in their own right, and of course, 'Ride' is one of her early masterpieces. Songs like 'Ocean Blvd' seem tepid to me compared to the emotional depth and emotional layering of 'Yayo,' for example. 

I agree with this so much. No other Lana song has made me feel the emotion I get from Yayo. A completely different artistry. I just hope the new album will give us something close to it

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

32 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Agreed! 
And at 9 songs with the deluxe edition, it’s only one song short from what is usually considered a LP / album. 
(the remastering of Yayo kinda always meant to me that the rerelease of aka as a whole album was dead and buried)

“An EP is considered 1-3 songs with one song of at least 10 minutes in length and a total running time of 30 minutes or less. Or an EP is considered 4-6 songs with a total running time of 30 minutes or less.”

Paradise has 9 songs and a playtime of 38 min. I think it’s for sure more of an LP, than EP. Plus Young and Beautiful would have been on the album if the great gatsby movie didnt buy it, making it a 10 songs album. Regardless of what term it has, we can all agree that Paradise is its own body of work, different from BTD :true:

2 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Are we counting this as the lead then or is this just a buzz single? 

This is just the buzz single..

Lead single around Feb 2nd or 3rd week i guess to push last minute sales. And I expect it to be bigger and uptempo to signify the beginning of spring 

I actually think there's drugs in this song. But to be for real,  I sob every time I hear the line “when’s it gunna be my turn.”  I’ve felt the most depressed I’ve ever felt the past couple years. Seeing people around me experience good luck, career growth, love, and acceptance. I moved from a big city to the suburbs after heartbreak and I’ve been so alone and struggled with alcoholism and was in the hospital at one point.  The only recurrent thought in my head was "When will it be my turn? When will I be loved? When will I be seen for who I am?" I feel like because of my age I've had this unique experience to grow with Lana’s music in a very relevant way as each album gets released. I think the song is incredibly special, it completely unravels me and I hear what she’s saying deep within me like it's vibrating. I’m so excited to hear the rest of the album and to go on this journey with her.

Anyways, would love to hear everyone's personal connection to the new song or how it's been making you feel!!!!!!!!

faSE.gif

8 hours ago, DragonWhore said:

The title track, which you have all heard by now, has nothing to do with those previous records. If you think it does, it's because you have an unrefined ear. Listen better, bitch. 

I like the song, but 

UNO-All-Wild-Reverse-Card.jpg

38 minutes ago, Elle said:

I hate that it’s sort of because of me that this whole debate started since it was my comment saying “LDR9 IS COMING” that she replied to saying “10 if u include… Violet” :toofunny: But I also love that she checked me, my friends and I were laughing about it for days. Iconic, really x

random question but does lana know you own lanaboards 

if she doesn’t would you ever tell her:dua:

Over 500K scrobbles on last.fm which is crazy because her new songs usually take a over a week to get to the 1M mark and this song is going to take like 4 days

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I just saw a video on YT about a TikTok where Taylor's commentary appeared in which she was supposedly praising Lana's song.:hdu:

15 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

every time i see a certain fake insider in here and then see people continue to eat it up my mood shifts drastically and i have to close this website

Who's the fake insider?

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

14 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I just saw a video on YT about a TikTok where Taylor's commentary appeared in which she was supposedly praising Lana's song.:hdu:

Who's the fake insider?

I just stumbled across this (they call themselves Swiftologist):

The amount of promo I have been seeing for this era already is crazy. Universal is pushing social ads for the single (I saw them on tik tok and instagram). Spotify has her as the face of the "Chill Pop" playlist and has added the single to SO many playlists considering it's only been two days. The amount of ads I'm already seeing of vinyl stores offering the indie exclusive and the standard variant of the album as well is insane considering pre-order was just announced. Not to mention a lot of them have been selling out in hours if not less. 

If this truly is going to be her magnum opus it's having a great start :true:

Now she just needs to go live on honeymoon and talk about the tracklist :blush3:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm