Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Based on the descriptions I don't think it's going to sound like anything she has done before but to be fair I can't think of anything she hasn't done before and still sounds logical for Lana :hide:

She's just that versatile 

I have a hard time imagining what is so sonically unprecedented and wild about it, so I’m keeping my expectations very low. I mean… 

Spoiler

angry acoustic guitars giving way to a slutty trap beat?

Don’t get me wrong, It sounds cool, but I fear BOZ might have overreacted as usual. 

I honestly thought Ben was upset about A&W's release date being leaked because they had planned to promote the song from last Tuesday until next Tuesday which is when it's supposed to be released and they've literally been crickets the whole time, look at them announcing the song a day before.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

I picture her singing the Jimmy Jimmy Coco Puff line exactly like the way she delivers the "P.A.R.K DO IT MAAH WAY" line in Lolita, except a little slower. I imagine it to sound like she's sulking or throwing a tantrum. Those vocals over a slutty trap beat... oh it's about to slap

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

6 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I honestly thought Ben was upset about A&W's release date being leaked because they had planned to promote the song from last Tuesday until next Tuesday which is when it's supposed to be released and they've literally been crickets the whole time, look at them announcing the song a day before.

I don't think they planned to promote this song:delicious:

9 minutes ago, hyaluronicacid said:

I think if we are being realistic, A&W will sound like a better Black Bathing Suit

yeah, TUOB is getting praised for characteristics that were there in blue banisters (poetry-like lyrics, creative structures, orchestral arrangements etc) except now it seems like she's refined the formula 

The thing that’s throwing me, and making me temper my expectations is the production credits. There’s just….not that much there. Don’t get me wrong I am way too  excited for this song. We shall see soon.:oprah3: 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

4 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

The thing that’s throwing me, and making me temper my expectations is the production credits. There’s just….not that much there. Don’t get me wrong I am way too  excited for this song. We shall see soon.:oprah3: 

The song can just have piano, drums and guitar and still sound full, rich and unexpected.. it’s how you use them not how many. :true:

8 minutes ago, World At War said:

yeah, TUOB is getting praised for characteristics that were there in blue banisters (poetry-like lyrics, creative structures, orchestral arrangements etc) except now it seems like she's refined the formula 

Haven't you noticed that every Lana album goes hand in hand with another? BTD with Paradise, Ultraviolence with Honeymoon, (Lust For Life does not go with any I think) NFR with Chemtrails and apparently Blue Banisters with Ocean Blvd? It is something quite curious and if you analyze them you will realize that each album has its partner.

Spoiler

I could even say that Sirens is the partner of A.K.A

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

I was checking again the credits and what do we think "vocals" is going to be? 

Maybe it's some backtrack vocals like Brooklyn Baby or maybe it's some kind of sample/adlib (what if this Sam guy is the one saying the Jimmy Jimmy part :judgingu3:).

He has some writing credits for big artists like Rihanna and Taylor but he's not credited as a writer or producer on A&W so I wonder if he just happened to be in the studio and they asked him to sing whatever :hide:

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, your dealer said:

Did you know that there’s a cruller under doughnut boulevard?  

dBIc6pr.png

everything reminds me of him...

ot: a tunnel? under ocean boulevard?? it's more likely than you think...

3 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

The kids on Tik Tok saying this’ll be a return to her BTD sound oh brother… I’m ready for White Dress-level breakdowns on that app

At the production level, it could be said that he returned a bit to Honeymoon and Lust For Life, but otherwise it is a unique era (like all of them). They're going to be disappointed to find out that Lana has matured and she won't be singing about toxic relationships and being a Sad Girl. TikTok fans? they are such a joke :awk:

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif