Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

“Pussy” was changed to “Cola”. I’m glad it was changed. The shock when you first play that song. The flavor. I expect the same for A&W. I actually quite like the stylization.

I agree but also 'American Whore' is such a good song title. Conflicted.

qfrWuBl.png

If "AW&J" stands for American Whore & Jack, then I think A&W might be the Bleachers track

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I’m really looking forward to listen to “the grants”. 
Wildflower Wildfire have a special place in my heart and made me think about a million things about my life. I’m bot afraid to say that this song changed my life– and i hope that the grants is impactful too

5 minutes ago, Map of LA said:

If "AW&J" stands for American Whore & Jack, then I think A&W might be the Bleachers track

It could also stand for Jack Donoghue

////

I thought maybe sth like:

AW&J =  American Whore & Jerk, like Jack Donoghue or some other lover being the jerk & Lana is the whore :hide:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

50 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I completely understand that her albums are hers. But I love to get lost in her songs, when they mirror my own life in some way

not that it always should, which is totally normal and fine, and it’s bound to happen at some point, that I won’t always relate to the story of a song. 
if The Grants is very specific, I hope the production is grand and lush, so I can still love it even if I don’t relate to the lyrics, like Art Deco and Carmen in her first records. I’ve mentioned it before, but this is what was tricky about both BB and COCC: stripped down production songs that I don’t relate to ate very hard to love (the songs that are too oriented towards celebrity and motherhood, like Dance Til We Die or Sweet Carolina, are the ones I listen to the least)

this is exactly the reason i'm a bit afraid of the grants song, esp it being the opener :xgiggle: these kinds of songs feel kinda... too personal to listen to them often? of course i have no idea how it might sound and talk about but if it's in the vein of sweet carolina...

on the other hand, SC works very well as a closer and i can easily see it being the perfect transition to the grants :assad:

I have a strong feeling "The Grants" will  start with a huge orchestral intro :true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

28 minutes ago, AntiToxicPill said:

Some people want art . There is nothing wrong with that . Bringing your family issues all the time on the table can get tiresome . No one said she has to please the fans . The user you quoted said he/she hopes it’s not some Gant family party and that’s extra fine . We don’t have to please everyone with our opinions . I wish people would keep an open mind and keep their claws to themselves. And no I’m not attacking you, it’s just that there is so much negativity between the ldr fans the last couple of days . And it’s sad . Art should bring people together .

Art is subjective

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

I have a strong feeling "The Grants" will  start with a huge orchestral intro :true:

Im hoping for an insane kind of bare feet on linoleum instrumental

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

2 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

Im hoping for an insane kind of bare feet on linoleum instrumental

Your mind:O  that would be really interesting!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

18 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Does Neil's latest insta story reveal that we're getting a hand filmed video or is it just a birthday post?

neilkrug-story.jpg

The post is probably just to honour actor/director John Cassavetes (shown in the picture) whose birthday would’ve been yesterday. He passed in 1989 x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

The album is going to be very piano heavy AGAIN at least judging by the song credits.

3 pianists (SYML isn’t technically but she picked a prominent piano track to sample:rip:, Jon Batiste, RIOPY)

The Grants is going to be piano song. It better serve something like this (I highly doubt it :rip:, but I will pray anyway)

16 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

The album is going to be very piano heavy AGAIN at least judging by the song credits.

3 pianists (SYML isn’t technically but she picked a prominent piano track to sample:rip:, Jon Batiste, RIOPY)

The Grants is going to be piano song. It better serve something like this (I highly doubt it :rip:, but I will pray anyway)

I see you EVERYWHERE, wtf, don't you have anything else to do? :rip:

25 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Suffer!

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

14 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

I'm curious if there are piano-only tracks on the album. If so, I'm not that excited anymore. :sideeye: I want orchestral songs with many instruments like the title track.

Based on production credits, I think that the only one that will be strictly piano is the track with her and Drew.  (Or Jack and Drew, I haven't looked at the credits in a bit lol). Even then, I think we'll still get an orchestra on it