Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

When we get a Fishtails music video and the aesthetic is the Rainbow Fish

rainbowfish.jpg

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

me ignoring the posts with the allegedly, possible tracklist (literally ignoring it, but I just hope that fish title is not true lmaoo:silly:)  while still browsing the thread:

monkey-computer-not-working.gif

lana forgot to give me a writing credit on elizabeth's story i am currently in the process of serving her with a lawsuit

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Fishtail

1. an object that is forked like a fish's tail.

"carved detail including fishtail terminals on the banisters"

2. an uncontrolled sideways movement of the back of a motor vehicle.

"he hit the brakes, sending the car into a fishtail that carried him across the street"

verb

So these definitions—aside from the hairstyle—seem to indicate conflict. A “forked” object reminds me of the phrase, “fork in the road”, which is a metaphor for making a choice between two major life decisions, and “an uncontrolled sideways movement” just connotes chaos. 

17 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Now that we know the sample is the last track, and what Lana said to W Mag about “saying thank you and goodbye” on every closer of her records, I don’t think it’s Cinnamon Girl. I think a strong contender is The Greatest since that song feels very much like closure from everything.

Since Lana, Jack, and Mike are writers on the song, it has to be a Jack track from 2019–present (which rules out anything from Blue Banisters, and it’s probably not something from COTCC, since it’s fairly recent to have any “shocking” fan favourites). It’s either an NFR! track OR it could be something from 2006-2008 when she was writing mostly on her own.

That said, a sample usually means it’s related to an instrumental, because Lana has self-referenced before with lyrics, but that’s merely a reference - not a sample. So I really think it’s The Greatest. 

Woah if that is the case… :oprah2: This song is in my top 5 of all time 

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

Fishtail

1. an object that is forked like a fish's tail.

"carved detail including fishtail terminals on the banisters"

2. an uncontrolled sideways movement of the back of a motor vehicle.

"he hit the brakes, sending the car into a fishtail that carried him across the street"

verb

So these definitions—aside from the hairstyle—seem to indicate conflict. A “forked” object reminds me of the phrase, “fork in the road”, which is a metaphor for making a choice between two major life decisions, and “an uncontrolled sideways movement” just connotes chaos. 

I thinks since she mentioned fishtails within the context of wedding dresses at her interview we should consider that too!

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

4 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

me ignoring the posts with the allegedly, possible tracklist (literally ignoring it, but I just hope that fish title is not true lmaoo:silly:)  while still browsing the thread:

monkey-computer-not-working.gif

ok but the biggest kii is that while lana sought some of my creative talents for making the tracklist, fishtails could actually be real :bebe:

we know that the grandfather one is probably true since BOZ semi-confirmed it and we originally found that one listed on musicbrainz and fishtails was listed with it

anyone can edit that site but considering the first one was kinda confirmed, fishtails COULD be real

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

lana forgot to give me a writing credit on elizabeth's story i am currently in the process of serving her with a lawsuit

I'll get all the tea on the album when they put me into the same cell with Lana

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

After the monotony and slow periods during the Pre-Pre-Release thread I'm happy we at least have something to talk about. We really did used to pray for times like this :true:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

1 hour ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

Didn't she say in doing time "I'd like to hold Rob's head underwater" or something 

No girl the lyrics are “I’d like to hold HER head under water” she didn’t change the lyrics from the original.

Just now, VioletBunny said:

I thinks since she mentioned fishtails within the context of wedding dresses at her interview we should consider that too!

Definitely! Marital themes in Lana’s work have almost always been so existential, and since Fishtails could potentially be towards the very end of the record, it would be such a moment to fade off this very long and dynamic album!

Just now, lanabanana11 said:

why are we talking about fishtails

it's possibly on the album since it was discovered via the same link where the semi-confirmed "grandpa fishing" was found:  https://musicbrainz.org/release-group/247ec1bd-06a6-4faa-af47-f64d7caa1f71/edits

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*