Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

she finished NFR way before it was released and talked about how her new music had to do with star signs which she didn't talk about at all on NFR

MTWBT was made right after UV was released and lust for life the song was written the day honeymoon was released, she starts working on her next album pretty fast

she ends up working on songs for her albums until like the week it has to be submitted and she posted a pic of her and jack working on music at the end of may

Lana is a multitasking girlll :)

Hd7c-1.gif

What?! Cinematic suits Lana, It’s ok you are entitled to your wrong opinion

I don't hate cinematic Lana. I seriously love BTD, Young and Beautiful, 13 Beaches, Cherry, Summertime Sadness, etc. These are big and bold songs, so a big production suits those songs. Some of Lana's songs are beautiful in a quiet and understated way, and unfortunately Lana does have a history of burying the beauty of those types of songs with overproduction. How to Disappear was a victim to overproduction on NFR and it still makes me sad. I'm not saying I never want to hear cinematic Lana again, I'm just saying that I am so happy that Happiness is soft and minimal, it is so perfect exactly they way it is. 

people with taste cares.

don't get me wrong, i doubt she'll do a ballad full of albums. i'm half-expecting this to just be NFR part 2, but *if* she did then i wouldn't be mad.

:flutter: 

however, if she served an album full of Cinnamon a bitch wouldn't be mad too.

Theyre flavorless. Add a cinematic production n those songs could be so powerful

tbh, i agree in a sense. i think she does cinematic so beautifully.

I like piano balleds, if they add something to the album and fills the blanks on the album story. Bartender does that for me. It has a beautiful melody and it adds something to the story. On the other hane love song doesn't do that for me. It doesn't have a special melody and it doesn't add anything to the story. For me I'd love a lana album to start with a dark guitar song like cruel world, then have some beautiful piano ballads to take the story further, then end with another dark guitar song.

Love song does contribute to the story though; she thinks this thing with this guy is too good to be true and then she confirms this in Cinnamon Girl.

Love song does contribute to the story though; she thinks this thing with this guy is too good to be true and then she confirms this in Cinnamon Girl.

Hmm I actually see that now, I've never thought that song in that way. Now the whole record seems much cohesive to me. The first half is talking on the good sides of their relationship with MAC, VB and the other half talks about the bad stuff with HTD and HIAB.

Quite a few Lana mentions in a Pitchfork's Taylor Swift review. It's nice to see that Best New Music is reserved for original artists and actual classics, not Walmart versions of them, at least in this case.

First single “cardigan” is told by Betty, whose disillusionment with James results in a sad, sensuous sound reminiscent of Lana Del Rey, down to the vocal style and casual lyrical quotation of another pop song.

a kind of reverse-engineered “mindie” project, it sonically situates her closest to Lana

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/taylor-swift-folklore/

what’s living legend??

A song from 2013 that leaked today

Go check it out it's so good!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Not Interscope randomly promoting Summertime Sadness on their instastories and Twitter...

They even put the cracked phone because you know, that iPhone 6 haha

when I was 13 I thought "lets take Jesus off the dashboard, got enough on his mind" was the most scandalous lyric ever written. only to be topped by "gods dead I said baby that's alright with me". and still to this day they are the most jarring lyrics for me in Lanas released discography lolllllllll