Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, burthday kake said:

i dont get the controversy around the mask but maybe ive misunderstood something then?

i understood that there was a layer under the mesh/gemstones so how was it any different than the masks anyone else was wearing at that point anyway ? 

It was obviously a mesh. Her saying there was something underneath is just as believable as her saying she never had plastic surgery. It was a just a stupid and irresponsible thing to do. 

1 minute ago, Rock Candy said:

I apologize for my slowness and ignorance:eek2:

But will we hear RCS on the album?

(or the reborn of this)

As multiple insiders stated there is no material  from previous eras on this -  likely not

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

2 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

i dont get the controversy around the mask but maybe ive misunderstood something then?

i understood that there was a layer under the mesh/gemstones so how was it any different than the masks anyone else was wearing at that point anyway ? 

Well if you can see the mouth, then it’s safe to say that the mask isn’t doing its job properly,  to block the micro drops that can contain and propagate the virus (unless you wear this awful mask with a plastic « window » that is used by many interpreters)

21 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

i never got the controversy around the mask but maybe i misunderstood something?

i understood that there was a layer under the mesh/gemstones so how was it really any different than any other mask ppl were wearing at that point anyway ? 

y’all still believing the layer thing when it’s painfully obvious stans just made that up to defend her :rip:

but also who tf cares it’s been 2 years let’s move on 

3 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

y’all still believing the layer thing when it’s painfully obvious stans just made that up to defend her :rip:

Tbh I swear on some angles you can see a layer underneath it.. but i don’t really care either way

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

3 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

Lana said the layer thing herself tbf, that her stylist sewed it in

but yeah its not so important

Umm she was wearing the mesh mask so people that are hard of hearing/deaf could read her lips… The blatant ableism in this thread needs to stop! Taking Lana’s pure intentions and twisting it into something evil… Also reeks of misogyny to me TBH! Lana is innocent! :true:

qfrWuBl.png

4 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

Umm she was wearing the mesh mask so people that are hard of hearing/deaf could read her lips… The blatant ableism in this thread needs to stop! Taking Lana’s pure intentions and twisting it into something evil… Also reeks of misogyny to me TBH! Lana is innocent! :true:

Oh tiktok would eat this up actually:true:

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

54 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

извините, что отвлекаюсь от темы, но я хочу сказать, что мне очень нравится ваш прм : трепетание: @Rock Candy

Thank you :wub: 

"my umbrella, god love you, baby"

Alright, not this again. I'm out for a few hours :hillary:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

28 minutes ago, Jared said:

There are so many genres that Lana could tap into (rock, indie, folk/country, shoegaze, etc.) but I guess she decided it would be easier to log into her YouTube account and sample bunch of stuff from ''Calm and relaxing music for deep sleep, meditation, relaxation and yoga'' playlist'. It's also safe to say that Lana's idea of experimenting with music is adding random trap beats onto her songs (which would be somewhat amusing if we were still in 2017, but who wants to hear trap beats in 2022, especially on Lana album?). And some fans are convincing themselves that this is going to be another NFR moment for her... yeah right. 

mental illness :true:

faSE.gif

Apologies for any eventual mistakes, I’m not a native english speaker. Just wanted to state the obvious because it’s getting increasingly harder for me to deal with spambots who just want to tear Lana down for the sake of it. You want rock music? Ultraviolence is there. You want an incredibly cohesive blending of orchestra, dream pop, trap AND jazz? There’s Honeymoon. Hip-hop? Born To Die. Trap AND new age folk all in one sitting? Lust for Life. The second coming of Joni Mitchell? NFR. Folk and country done in a way that’s not as alienating as those genres can sometimes become? Chemtrails. Oh you’re tired of music and just want to hear someone do spoken word? Violet! I could go on but the work is out there. Respect it.

IMG-1607.jpg

6 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Apologies for any eventual mistakes, I’m not a native english speaker. Just wanted to state the obvious because it’s getting increasingly harder for me to deal with spambots who just want to tear Lana down for the sake of it. You want rock music? Ultraviolence is there. You want an incredibly cohesive blending of orchestra, dream pop, trap AND jazz? There’s Honeymoon. Hip-hop? Born To Die. Trap AND new age folk all in one sitting? Lust for Life. The second coming of Joni Mitchell? NFR. Folk and country done in a way that’s not as alienating as those genres can sometimes become? Chemtrails. I could go on but the work is out there. Respect it.

Ok but what about track 15 again? I’m sick I can’t keep track, what did you get sis and did you put ur back in 2 it

2 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Apologies for any eventual mistakes, I’m not a native english speaker. Just wanted to state the obvious because it’s getting increasingly harder for me to deal with spambots who just want to tear Lana down for the sake of it. You want rock music? Ultraviolence is there. You want an incredibly cohesive blending of orchestra, dream pop, trap AND jazz? There’s Honeymoon. Hip-hop? Born To Die. Trap AND new age folk all in one sitting? Lust for Life. The second coming of Joni Mitchell? NFR. Folk and country done in a way that’s not as alienating as those genres can sometimes become? Chemtrails. I could go on but the work is out there. Respect it.

I agree with you. The biggest complaint that grinds my gears is the complaint about how all of her music sounds the same, or at least post LFL sounds the same. Norman is beachy with a sun-kissed poetic punch of nostalgia to it, Chemtrails is folky with an aura of the midwest and getting lost on a road trip, Blue Banisters she takes us more into her home life and becomes much more vulnerable than previous records. Ocean Blvd seems to be taking a stream-of-consciousness approach to music, exploring automated songwriting, lush/grand orchestral instrumentation with a variety of sonic shifts and experimentation in sound and lyricism. None of these records sound the same to me and I always found that to be a very reductive critique of her music

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

20 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Apologies for any eventual mistakes, I’m not a native english speaker. Just wanted to state the obvious because it’s getting increasingly harder for me to deal with spambots who just want to tear Lana down for the sake of it. You want rock music? Ultraviolence is there. You want an incredibly cohesive blending of orchestra, dream pop, trap AND jazz? There’s Honeymoon. Hip-hop? Born To Die. Trap AND new age folk all in one sitting? Lust for Life. The second coming of Joni Mitchell? NFR. Folk and country done in a way that’s not as alienating as those genres can sometimes become? Chemtrails. Oh you’re tired of music and just want to hear someone do spoken word? Violet! I could go on but the work is out there. Respect it.

and nothing for blue banisters exactly :oic2: