the thing that confuses me is that Sean was married when they met (when Lana was 33), not engaged. He was however engaged to his current wife for some time before early 2022.. this could mean that Sean cheated on two women with Lana, one before and one after their official relationship :pft:

and the line "did you really think i'd spare her tears just to save your happiness" could refer to hurting Seans current wife by speaking up about it maybe?

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

The alternate lyrics seem to link back to the poem she free-styled for Vogue in September 2020 about “being led on.” 

Nico calls me Elizabeth,
he reminds me to take my medication every day at four and then when I say I’m still anxious
he says-
that’s what you’re here for.
And there’s something in the way he looks at me
a little bit too long
that makes me feel good about leaving my ex
makes me feel like a song
makes me feel like a poem that he’s reading
scanning me like paper
It hurts a little bit to watch him watch me
but it’s better than being led on

She met with Sean in July 2020 while in Oklahoma, and seemingly never interacted with him again after that. So something must have happened in summer 2020 where she thought things were potentially going to be rekindled but it ended up being that she was a “side-piece at 3[5]” (I think she said “33” just for rhyme’s sake). 

here you can clearly see that in 17:51 they censored one word out of "got a _ who turned on the backbeat" and that word is probably "cop" judging from her tiktok video
now we only need to understand what turned on the backbeat means :thumb2:

18 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

here you can clearly see that in 17:51 they censored one word out of "got a _ who turned on the backbeat" and that word is probably "cop" judging from her tiktok video

Oh wow. This confirms “raped” and “got a [cop] who turned on the backbeat”

21 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

Good catch! A backbeat is a musical term (it refers to an emphasis on beats 2 and 4 in a song where each bar has 4 beats - so 1 2 3 4).

So I think she’s saying that when he calls Lana, he turns on music with a heavy “backbeat” rhythm to mask their conversation. This would directly tie in with the lines about him putting the shower on while he calls her and slipping out the backdoor to talk to her!

22 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

I think Elle said she might be saying:

"got a cop who turned on a bad b*" implying a cop betrayed a bad bitch

and I hear "a bad b" as well, more clear here 

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

19 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

Is it just me or is she saying multiple things layered on top? On the center channel I can hear "got a _ who turned down (on?) the backbeat" but on the left + right surround channel (10:37) I hear "god's a charlatan", or something close to that with an S sound :judgingu3: Either way, it would be impossible to figure out the real lyrics without Dolby Atmos stems or Lana singing in her car.

20 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

I just listened to this whole thing and it’s SO fascinating to hear the buried vocals I’m obsessed with it. This is also the first time I heard the “surf’s up” reference :thumb2:

20 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

Good catch! A backbeat is a musical term (it refers to an emphasis on beats 2 and 4 in a song where each bar has 4 beats - so 1 2 3 4).

So I think she’s saying that when he calls Lana, he turns on music with a heavy “backbeat” rhythm to mask their conversation. This would directly tie in with the lines about him putting the shower on while he calls her and slipping out the backdoor to talk to her!

he's vile for this :crossed:

“I say I live in Rosemead really I’m at the Ramada / It doesn’t really matter, doesn’t really really matter”

I wonder if this line is a response to the media’s perception that she fabricated her come up. In the sense that she doesn’t necessarily “owe” her detractors the truth, and if she contradicts herself or “censors” herself it doesn’t really matter to her because she doesn’t owe anyone anything. AND when she is vulnerable and truthful, ie her honest thoughts on feminism, it isn’t received well anyway. I know it also serves to support the theme of the song, but this is how I interpret it.

9 hours ago, anwdelrey said:

“I say I live in Rosemead really I’m at the Ramada / It doesn’t really matter, doesn’t really really matter”

I wonder if this line is a response to the media’s perception that she fabricated her come up. In the sense that she doesn’t necessarily “owe” her detractors the truth, and if she contradicts herself or “censors” herself it doesn’t really matter to her because she doesn’t owe anyone anything. AND when she is vulnerable and truthful, ie her honest thoughts on feminism, it isn’t received well anyway. I know it also serves to support the theme of the song, but this is how I interpret it.

no girl she is saying she spends most of her time fucking at the ramada while ppl think she is home in rosemead

14 hours ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Was this already discussed???

B59822-F9-AB05-443-D-98-D3-49219-F87-F3-

what exactly is there to discuss :toofunny:

2 hours ago, 111 said:

she spends most of her time fucking at the ramada while ppl think she is home in rosemead

she’s just like us fr :oprah4: