Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

19 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

too lazy? she did a whole festival tour to promote the album, she was in the Sunday Times and on the cover of Harper's Bazaar. I think she's really done a lot this year.

true but still during the first month of the album release her team barely did nothing 

and ig they could do something with the tiktok boom with ltli and margaret

Ngl I hated Margaret for a bit but I’ve kinda come around to love it. I actually like seeing Lana songs go viral because it makes me enjoy songs more when I see others enjoying them. Like I didn’t care about The Other Woman until it went viral and now I love it 

37 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Ngl I hated Margaret for a bit but I’ve kinda come around to love it. I actually like seeing Lana songs go viral because it makes me enjoy songs more when I see others enjoying them. Like I didn’t care about The Other Woman until it went viral and now I love it 

I’m mostly surprised that Margaret has gained that much attention with TikTokers… of all the songs of OB, it’s the one I expected the least TBH. But hey, like you said, The Other Woman was also a big surprise on that regard.

32 minutes ago, lostindarkparadise said:

It's really sad how we only got one music video from this album 

it was expensive and yall didnt watch it !!!

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

8 hours ago, honeymooooon said:

true but still during the first month of the album release her team barely did nothing 

and ig they could do something with the tiktok boom with ltli and margaret

One of the things I respect most about Lana is that she's not interested in maximizing her fame or success. It's really about the art for her. I get being frustrated you're not getting as much content though. Just for me, if she started behaving like "normal" celebrities, I'd probably be excited at first (more content) but turned off eventually.

4 hours ago, williamprb said:

it was expensive and yall didnt watch it !!!

I'm genuinely curious how much it cost to make the Candy Necklace music video

I would guess around maybe $700,000???

Maybe even more considering how many people, locations, outfits, and set pieces were used throughout.

On 12/11/2023 at 4:28 PM, bluechemtrails said:

too lazy? she did a whole festival tour to promote the album, she was in the Sunday Times and on the cover of Harper's Bazaar. I think she's really done a lot this year.

She’s really done a lot the last 12 months or so. I’m not sure why there are two camps (I’ve experienced it off of this board as well):

1. Those who think Lana has been lazy and barely promoted this record.

2. The camp who thinks she’s done a lot - like the most she’s done for promotion since probably pre-pandemic. 

Honestly, the promotion got me super hyped in late 2022/eariy 2023. It pushed my fandom into overdrive. 2023 has been an incredible year for Lana and her fans. She’s not lazy at all. Maybe a bit shy and random, but not lazy. 

The only criticism that I might be willing to give her is that she may not fully understand just how good this record is. (Creativity, diversity, production, lyrics, variety, etc.)

I stand by my opinion that it’s her best work since NFR. 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

9 hours ago, lostindarkparadise said:

It's really sad how we only got one music video from this album 

yea. But then, it's het best video since the UV era.

i reckon it sits within her top 5.

i'd rather have one great video per album than 3 mediocre ones (looking at you, BB)

12 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’m mostly surprised that Margaret has gained that much attention with TikTokers… of all the songs of OB, it’s the one I expected the least TBH. But hey, like you said, The Other Woman was also a big surprise on that regard.

not only Margaret is one of the best songs on Ocean Blvd, but it’s also one of its lighter tracks (see other success cases: Paris Texas, Peppers, Let the Light In). It’s happy, romantic, cinematic and —like it or not— very Swiftesque, so it’s only natural it became a hit. I wish they would make a video.

29 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

not only Margaret is one of the best songs on Ocean Blvd, but it’s also one of its lighter tracks (see other success cases: Paris Texas, Peppers, Let the Light In). It’s happy, romantic, cinematic and —like it or not— very Swiftesque, so it’s only natural it became a hit. I wish they would make a video.

I honestly hadn’t thought about it that way, the lighter tracks were the ones that went viral :kiss:

I guess Sweet should get the same treatment at some point then (it seriously is the track that grew on me the most :flutter:)

2 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

say it louder

so much better than Let The Bore In 

15 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Wake up honey, new year-end lists just dropped :smokes:

A.V. Club's Best Albums of 2023: Ocean Blvd #5

Coup De Main's Best Albums of 2023: Ocean Blvd #5

Entertainment Weekly's Best Albums of 2023: Ocean Blvd #6

Why is AV Club using a video that's called "Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Official Video" and then it's Get Free :um3: Did they not check it at all or listen to the album at all or what ... no wonder they put it as no. 5 when it should have been no. 1 :derpna4:

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide