Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

On 3/28/2023 at 9:53 PM, cominguplavender said:

did sean walk away? i assumed lana did, when she found out he was engaged at the same time they were dating. and yes to the anti cop sentiments especially with text book like... was SEAN at the blm protests with her...? if not then who? and "old man river keeps rolling with or without him" him being sean, she'll keep rolling on without him.

"with or without him" him being sean" I think that is correct!

Here is an interpretation I haven't read online: I think her refers to the daughter. And there was the issue of her. I didn't even like myself, or love the life I had.

The daughter, Alyssa , is the one who outed the romance . . . Alyssa seems like a nice girl, tho celeb-struck. Could be.

My first ranking:

1. Fingertips 

2. Paris, Texas

3. Kintsugi

4. The Grants

5. Fishtail

6. Sweet

7. Candy Necklace

8. Grandpa

9. Did you know...

10. A&W

11. Peppers

12. Taco Truck x VB

13. Let The Light In

14. Margaret

15. Jon Batiste

16. Judah Smith

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

12 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

Who would've thought that Melanie would sell so much in 2023...wtf this is crazy :horror:

How though ? All the discounted tracks? 

VOID is on TTH and all the big playlists. Lana playlisting was so bad and still is now. Doesn’t matter because she still did great despite the lack of support. Also Melanie just a released a deluxe version in the middle of tracking week. That should boost sales by a lot. I was actually hoping for something similar with Lana with the “surprise” and that never happened. Melanie is the one doing it instead and honestly she deserves the high sales because she’s hustling/working very hard. She also did a bunch of meet and greet in different stores throughout release week which should boost sales. Before the album release, she performed the songs live, teased it with proper visuals, music video ready. Like Melanie did A LOT. Mind you, all in that ridiculous costume. And she’s feeding her fans well with a constant stream of new music this week, and they are supporting her back.

Lana can’t even show up once at her own pop-up. 

40 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

I feel sorry for this thread. The hype died quickly because of early leaks, then bunch of unreleased songs leaking and now Yes to Heaven rumors.

What songs leaked? I missed that. Any from the OB sessions?

9 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I love Fishtail but I hate how mumbled it is. It works on Kintsugi but I wish the vocals on Fishtail were more clear, it would truly be one of the best song on the album, it would have been Cherry 2.0 

Agreed. 

Actually, the whole album is so QUIET. I added a few songs to my "best of lana" playlist, and they were wedged between some Born to Die tracks. OMG, the songs are like three times quieter than Born to Die's. It's like you've gone death and can't hear well.  I don't know why they choose to mix these tracks so quiet.

But it's annoying af. Basically, you need pro headphones to be able to hear it well. If you have ordinary airpods, you can't hear shit.

2 hours ago, barttttender said:

Agreed. 

Actually, the whole album is so QUIET. I added a few songs to my "best of lana" playlist, and they were wedged between some Born to Die tracks. OMG, the songs are like three times quieter than Born to Die's. It's like you've gone death and can't hear well.  I don't know why they choose to mix these tracks so quiet.

But it's annoying af. Basically, you need pro headphones to be able to hear it well. If you have ordinary airpods, you can't hear shit.

I think it is to feel more intimate and i love it

2 hours ago, barttttender said:

What songs leaked? I missed that. Any from the OB sessions?

none from ocean blvd sessions, just some songs from 2011-2013, a few voice memos and some snippets.

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

3 hours ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

VOID is on TTH and all the big playlists. Lana playlisting was so bad and still is now. Doesn’t matter because she still did great despite the lack of support. Also Melanie just a released a deluxe version in the middle of tracking week. That should boost sales by a lot. I was actually hoping for something similar with Lana with the “surprise” and that never happened. Melanie is the one doing it instead and honestly she deserves the high sales because she’s hustling/working very hard. She also did a bunch of meet and greet in different stores throughout release week which should boost sales. Before the album release, she performed the songs live, teased it with proper visuals, music video ready. Like Melanie did A LOT. Mind you, all in that ridiculous costume.

Lana can’t even show up once to her own pop-up. 

xeno guy is kinda right here huh

3 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

I feel sorry for this thread. The hype died quickly because of early leaks, then bunch of unreleased songs leaking and now Yes to Heaven rumors.

NGL, I’ve been listening to the new leaks a lot lately… but since this morning, it’s Ocean Blvd that has my preference and I’m ready to get back to it. It is stunning. 

Yes to Heaven might be a good idea to reignite hype for her and her discography (NFR had insane numbers the week Ocean Blvd got released; same could happen with Ocean Blvd and the rest of her discography with a new and hyped single like SYTH).

3 hours ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

VOID is on TTH and all the big playlists. Lana playlisting was so bad and still is now. Doesn’t matter because she still did great despite the lack of support. Also Melanie just a released a deluxe version in the middle of tracking week. That should boost sales by a lot. I was actually hoping for something similar with Lana with the “surprise” and that never happened. Melanie is the one doing it instead and honestly she deserves the high sales because she’s hustling/working very hard. She also did a bunch of meet and greet in different stores throughout release week which should boost sales. Before the album release, she performed the songs live, teased it with proper visuals, music video ready. Like Melanie did A LOT. Mind you, all in that ridiculous costume.

Lana can’t even show up once to her own pop-up. 

I can’t say I love Melanie, like at all, but I do agree that she did more than Lana for her album. Lana is playing « the long game » of letting music speak for itself. Never a very good tactic for week one of release, but it kinda works for her though. 

it feels like this album was just an experiment to see what kind of songs could become popular. now they saw that tiktok trending paris texas made the race, they decided to give her popular unreleased songs on tiktok a chance

uhm... i just found a tiktok with the caption of "when you're pearl monologue memorized crazy and not watch you on a ring camera crazy". From early january. Is this a coincidence? When did we first get to know the 'pearl watch me on ring etc.' alt title?

19 minutes ago, JudahSmithInterlude said:

uhm... i just found a tiktok with the caption of "when you're pearl monologue memorized crazy and not watch you on a ring camera crazy". From early january. Is this a coincidence? When did we first get to know the 'pearl watch me on ring etc.' alt title?

I mean they're referring to Pearl the movie and Mia Goth's 8 minute monologue at the end. So I think this is merely a coincidence. Pearl wasn't out when Lana was naming the album.

1 hour ago, Yameena Khatri said:

Interesting 

Not getting my hopes up for anything they've planned but yeah the music industry has changed and now artits release their albums with multiple vinyl variants and merch drop and don't spend as much money and time releasing singles with a proper rollout