Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

LDR10 will be an acoustic album like Sirens. :true:

When it's actually rerelease of Sirens (Lana's version) :oprah4:

url%5D

we need ambient sounds back! they create such an immersive atmosphere :trisha:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

I have a feeling Zodiac will be Track 8 :true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I really do not want Jack as the main producer for LDR 10.

I LOVE NFR and I think his impact on this great album can't be denied. However, I feel like the reason for this is that that album thrives on the newly discovered chemistry between Jack and Lana, they inspired each other a lot and therefore created something exciting and new (similar to what habend with Dan Auerbach for UV).

This spark is however missing from a lot of the stuff they did afterwards. You can still hear it on standout tracks like White Dress or A&W - but both of these were tracks Lana and Jack singled out as exciting collaborations themselves.

For most of the rest of their work together, it feels more like Lana had hin since she likes him and feels comfortable working with him. But that also meant he gave the "standard Antonoff treatment" to her demos and - at least in my opinion - that leads to a rather bleak and unexciting output.

When Lana worked with  Rick as her "comfort zone producer", it still felt like he was giving the songs a much more unique, Lana-specific sound. Jack on the other hand has a temdency of making everything sound alike, with a kinda vague and non-committing quality. 

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

4 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Candy necklace was the most streamed song on debut… :lmao:

tbh the only reason for that is because candy necklace is the song they pushed on new music friday playlists 

47 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

I LOVE NFR and I think his impact on this great album can't be denied. However, I feel like the reason for this is that that album thrives on the newly discovered chemistry between Jack and Lana, they inspired each other a lot and therefore created something exciting and new (similar to what habend with Dan Auerbach for UV).

This spark is however missing from a lot of the stuff they did afterwards. You can still hear it on standout tracks like White Dress or A&W - but both of these were tracks Lana and Jack singled out as exciting collaborations themselves.

For most of the rest of their work together, it feels more like Lana had hin since she likes him and feels comfortable working with him. But that also meant he gave the "standard Antonoff treatment" to her demos and - at least in my opinion - that leads to a rather bleak and unexciting output.

When Lana worked with  Rick as her "comfort zone producer", it still felt like he was giving the songs a much more unique, Lana-specific sound. Jack on the other hand has a temdency of making everything sound alike, with a kinda vague and non-committing quality. 

Yeah, and it's like, he's not bad, but often times he's just good enough and while the songs are good I always feel like something is missing idk. His minimalistic productions are too empty, I feel like Lana has a lot of input and she makes the songs great bcs of her unique creative vision but like other projects he's worked on I don't really listen to anymore:xcry:

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

52 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Yes I think you nailed it! I still like all the music they’ve produced but I feel like it could have a little more oomph. To me it’s too compressed sounding, it’s hard to pick out individual instruments and everything blends together. He does nail it sometimes, like with White Dress, Venice Bitch, and A&W, but other times it’s a little bland. Rick, Emile, Paul Epworth, Dan, etc. really brought emotion to the production and it felt more atmospheric which suits her voice very well. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

I want whoever who made the arrangement for the LA To The Moon Tour’s “Off To The Races” :oprah:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

2 hours ago, Pink Champagne said:

Yes I think you nailed it! I still like all the music they’ve produced but I feel like it could have a little more oomph. To me it’s too compressed sounding, it’s hard to pick out individual instruments and everything blends together. He does nail it sometimes, like with White Dress, Venice Bitch, and A&W, but other times it’s a little bland. Rick, Emile, Paul Epworth, Dan, etc. really brought emotion to the production and it felt more atmospheric which suits her voice very well. 

For me, Antonoff produced some of her greatest work ever, mainly:

Venice Bitch

Norman Fucking Rockwell! 
Mariner's Apartment Complex

A&W

The Greatest

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Boulevard

White Dress

Happiness is a Butterfly

Chemtrails Over the Country Club

Taco Truck x VB

The problem is, he has a particular style, he's very acoustic, musical and mellow, and we know what to expect. With the exception of VB and AW where they went full-on experimental jamming. All the albums have clearly been produced by him in a similar style and there's little reinvention in the way of sound.

Comparatively, Born to Die was super pop, Ultra was super rock, LFL went hip-hop, Honeymoon went into jazz. I just feel like we won't get surprises like that anymore.

For the 10th album, I'm cool if it's Jack if she loves working with him so much. But can they take things into a new direction? Maybe a retro disco album like her Hollywood unreleased track? Or house music ala Beyonce and Drake? Or electonic pop Mark Ronson style....

Just a surprise sound would be nice.  Not another piano ballad as a lead single and then 10 more of those on the record... That's what's boring.

1 minute ago, Jakk said:

Are we too far into her career to get a Teenage Dream moment from Lana :hooker: 

We don't need her Teenage Dream that will inevitably lead to her Witness/Smile and Ocean Blvd outsold both of these flops. Consistency is key.
Aqn4.gif