That Venice Bitch

New Song “Suburban House” by Holly Macve feat. LDR - Out Now!

The song is beautiful! The melody of the verses reminds me of a classic Disney princess song, and the chorus melody is lovely as well. The whole song is quite nostalgic in a way. It’s quite fitting for the colder seasons approaching us. I’ve been following Holly’s music since Lana first mentioned her in an interview some years back, and I really like her voice. It’s so unique. It complements Lana’s very nicely x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

This song is so ethereal and just simply beautiful. It creates such a dreamy and nostalgic atmosphere. The outro is perfect. Will be on repeat for the following days :flutter:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

it’s really beautiful. and the “white picket fence” line really makes me emotional.

my mother (divorced 2 times) always told me she dreamed of a “white picket fence” sort of life

and she never got it

so it feels empowering hearing them sing that they don’t have to have “it”; getting married to someone and finding love may happen or it may come and go. idk it’s beautiful sentiment for sure. & the song makes you really think about love & how men can sort of only want a certain type of woman to have a home with. hmm

ssssbbbbrrrbbbnnn house

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I actually think it's a lovely song:wub:  I think their voices compliment each other well pretty well. They have similar styles so I can see why Lana would love her <3

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

I think Holly’s voice is beautiful and I generally like the song, too. However, something about her enunciation (Holly’s) puts me off a bit. This is a problem I have with some contemporary singers, don’t know how to explain, it doesn’t sound natural somehow? 

8 minutes ago, lili said:

I think Holly’s voice is beautiful and I generally like the song, too. However, something about her enunciation (Holly’s) puts me off a bit. This is a problem I have with some contemporary singers, don’t know how to explain, it doesn’t sound natural somehow? 

It sounds like Lana's fake deep voice on 2011

Currently having my first listen and its melody is reminiscent to “Our Love Affair” from An Affair to Remember.  

Actually the more I listen to it the more I like it. The lyrics are actually really relatable :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I loved it tbh, the melody and the lyrics are pretty and touching. Holly Macve's diction was off-putting at first though lol 

It also felt like the song was a bit too short idk - not sure how much I'll come back to it, but it was nice

5 hours ago, taco truck said:

Also Lana needs to collab with Chappell Roan STAT.

Ah, someone with an innate gift, their own vision and 0 pretense. Now we’re talking!

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey