Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

2 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I mean in fairness, don't hang out with the biggest artist on the planet rn and expect to not have maximum exposure at the Grammys :oopna2:

If I wanted to just sit in the corner quietly, I wouldn't turn up with Taylor fkn Swift

I'm not blaming Lana at all; I'm just saying it comes with the territory and I'm sure she expected to have the camera on her a lot given her company. And most of all, I think she was really happy for Taylor.

Love this:  "If I wanted to just sit in the corner quietly, I wouldn't turn up with Taylor fkn Swift."

So true. It's a great publicity moment for Lana at least. Let's look at it this way. Even more Taylor groupies might tune into Lana now, and that mean more money for Lana.

9 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Btw, won't judge on TS intentions while dragging Lana to stage, but if I were Lana the last thing I would have wanted during that moment (having had 5 nominations and got AGAIN not a single award while seeing how they go to people like TS) is to be exposed directly to all of that people having to smile from the damn stage. Don't think that making her feeling forced to went there was a good move.

yeah I kinda agree but at the same time I do like the fact that she took time to acknowledge Lana's impact, influence and also her collaboration on the record 

Midnights was tied in with the Eras Tour, I know the grammys is supposed to be about music rather than popularity, but I'm not at all surprised that Taylor won.

I hope Lana knows that she's had a huge impact both on the industry and the fans anyway and doesn't need a Grammy to validate that

im more MORE anoyed by billies talk with the “no i dont deserve this, give it to the others” why cant she just accept it and stfu sometimes

happy for taylor tho winning 4 aotys is amazing!!! 

and they way she talked about lana so true 

happy for victoria monét too, very well deserved

1 minute ago, honeyslow said:

Screenshot-2024-02-05-at-09-57-08.png 

nurse she's out again

Yeah that’s why they decided to go together to the event because they hate each other sm :brigitte:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I just watched the video of Taylor forcing Lana to go on that stage... :nene: she clearly didn't wanted it you can even see her saying 'noo' like what the hell. And for what? To make her stand in the shadow? I don't like Taylor even more now. It was really disrespectful 

4 minutes ago, bluedealer said:

I just watched the video of Taylor forcing Lana to go on that stage... :nene: she clearly didn't wanted it you can even see her saying 'noo' like what the hell. And for what? To make her stand in the shadow? I don't like Taylor even more now. It was really disrespectful 

When Taylor is giving her speech you can CLEARLY see Jack telling Lana to come closer... You guys are acting as if you didn't know how Lana is on stage. Taylor probably knows her more than we do so don’t wanna call her out from what seems on the surface. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

honestly I am a bit surprised at how bad-faith people are being about Taylor,  I guess anything she does is prone to getting construed into a thousand different things, but I fail to see in what universe Taylor wanting to highlight Lana on that stage and literally saying in so many words that the Grammys have been snubbing her is supposed to be a bad thing or disrespectful

obviously it would be better if Lana won and was appreciated on her own merits and this wasn’t happening in the first place, but considering that that’s not the case, I really think this was a genuine - if maybe not entirely well thought out - gesture

I put down my phone for the night when i saw she had lost in the alternative categories (where i thought she might have a better chance of winning). Must have had a hunch it was over then. It’s honestly so sad for her. 

20 minutes ago, honeyslow said:

Screenshot-2024-02-05-at-09-57-08.png 

nurse she's out again

bold thing for someone who hasn't released an album in a decade with 0 total grammy noms to say :oopna2:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

11 minutes ago, Pink Flamingo said:

When Taylor is giving her speech you can CLEARLY see Jack telling Lana to come closer... You guys are acting as if you didn't know how Lana is on stage. Taylor probably knows her more than we do so don’t wanna call her out from what seems on the surface. 

Yet still you can clearly see her saying 'no' and Taylor still was grabbing her hand which is disrespectful. It is not okay 

Y'all, Lana had literally no other choice than going on that stage. That's exactly why Taylor dragged her... she's the only other artist featured on Midnights. If she wasn't at the ceremony of course but not only was she there, she was sitting at the same table... That's not a question of wanting to go lol. Clearly she didn't want to, that's why she chose to stay apart. It must have been totally humiliating and that's so sad but it's absolutely not Taylor's doing, she was actually helping her and doing her a favor. 

I think Taylor is overpraised and painfully overexposed, but I believe she had good intentions in that moment and I actually respect her for the love she showed Lana tonight. She dedicated part of her speech to giving Lana her flowers, presumably in front of the voting committee along with the entire audience. If the biggest cash cow for the music industry can't get them to listen to her, then who will? She did as much as she could, short of handing her the award.

23 minutes ago, bluedealer said:

Yet still you can clearly see her saying 'no' and Taylor still was grabbing her hand which is disrespectful. It is not okay 

I think the grown-ass m(b)illionaires can handle their own relationships without the fans’ opinion. Lana is not a child and also not everything has to be super deep and problematic and fake. Obv Lana and Taylor have a genuine friendship. Yes, Lana was awkward to go on stage the same way anyone with social anxiety would probably be. Taylor is actually a star to be the only one to give Lana the spotlight and acknowledge her impact in music, on stage, while accepting the biggest award of the night. 

as for Lana losing all categories- I hope she gets really furious and scraps yeehaws over the country club and instead releases a super angry heavy metal magnum opus

The bad thing is that Lana has done so much in the past year to increase her popularity and her chances of winning a Grammy, and now it all seems to have been for nothing. Taylor just put out a mediocre pop album designed for commercial success, while there were a lot of good ideas and ambitions behind Did You Know that weren't properly appreciated even by some critics.

%5Dupload

OOOH FUCKING RECORDING ACADEMY YOU WILL FUCKING PAY FOR THIS YOU FUCKING GRAMMY!!!!!!!!! I'M SO FUCKING ANGRY AND SAD, I'M FUCKING LOATHING!!!! I'M FUMING AND I'M FUCKING MAD!!!!!!!!!

FIRST THINGS FIRST, I UNDERSTAND THAT THE CHANCES WEREN'T HIGH ABOUT LANA WINNING AOTY AND SOTY, AFTER ALL I KNEW IT WAS A POPULARITY CONTEST SO I'M NOT SO MAD ABOUT THIS BUT

SHE LOST HER FUCKING ALT CATEGORIES TO FUCKING PARAMORE AND FUCKING BOYGENIUS? IN FUCKING CATEGORIES SHE HAD A FUCKING GREAT CHANCE WINNING IN THESE FUCKING CATEGORIES BECAUSE THAT ALBUM AND SONG WERE DOING NUMBERS IN THE ALTERNATIVE SCENE AND WERE FUCKING HIGHLY ACCLAIMED. AND SHE FUCKING LOST TO FUCKING PARAMORE? I FUCKING THOUGHT THAT THEY WERE THE ONLY THREAT IN THE FUCKING VMAS AND WE FUCKING BEAT THEM THERE!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

ANYWAYS SHE LOOKED VERY FUCKING BEAUTIFUL THERE, I LOVED HOW ROYAL AND MODEST SHE LOOKED THERE SERVING BRITS AWARDS 2013 AND HONEYMOON BANGS. I THINK MY FAVORITE GRAMMY DRESS OF HERS IS 2018 BUT OVERALL LOOK THIS MIGHT BE MY FAVORITE. TAYLOR LOOKED SO FUCKINC PRETTY TOO, WITH LANA THEY WERE SERVING YING AND YANG.

JACK WON PRODUCER OTY AGAIN? AT LEAST THIS COULD FUCKING COMPENSATE THE LANA SNUB!?

SORRY FOR WRITING IN CAPS BUT I'M SO FUCKING MAD, RECORDING ACADEMY VOTERS I'M READY TO FIGHT WITH YOU MY FISTS ARE FUCKING READY!?!?!??! WHO THE FUCK VOTED FOR FUCKING PARAMORE AND FUCKING BOYGENIUS!?!??!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

url%5D