Elle

Take Me Home, Country Roads (John Denver Cover) [SINGLE] - December 1st, 2023

Take Me Home cover was a leaked song though :shh2: I know that it was a recent song but what are the chances that she umm, releases unreleased songs too? Cover album is more realistic at this point obviously but just thoughts 🎶

url%5D

7 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Compare “Doin Time” original to the hit cover. You can see why her cover was a hit and the original wasn’t. Lana cover has additional beats and it’s actually even faster and groovier than the original. Andrew Watt is a great producer.

This is a boring flop. It’s the reverse of Doin Time. She took a hit and made a flop out of it.

you must either be really dumb or have a humiliation kink posting shit like this publicly, please troll better i beg of you, study 111 if you have to because this ain't it

On 11/30/2023 at 6:54 PM, Embach said:

Doin Time is a 90s song, Take Me Home is a 70s song, you can't expect an originally old folk song released in Winter to be transformed into a light song with modern light pop beats released in Summer, like COME ON

That’s not my point. The original version is already light hearted and “boppy”. She didn’t add anything to it. In fact, she took away from it. The great vocal layering from the original are all gone. The production is very barebones. She made it sound like a demo. She’s singing off beat/melody most of the song too :rip:. The production sounds half a second late or some sh*t. It’s not following her voice :rip: and complementing her AT ALL. It sounds like barely audible random noises in the background. The whole thing is just flat, basic, and uninspired. I was hoping she would enhance the song in some way like she usually does with covers (“Doin’ Time” added more vocal layering and harmonies, beats, catchiness, etc.). But this is about as listenable as that god awful You'll Never Walk Alone cover and Summertime Gershwin cover she did :rip:.

And 90s or 70s that’s irrelevant. “Season Of The Witch” and “Blue Velvet” both covers made the song slower but still very good (better than the original even depending on your preferences). This is just not a great cover. And that’s on THAT.

If her cover album is this level of quality :rip:, she can keep it.

Okayyyyyyy tell me how the fuck. 
I was just trying to manifest this one on the phone with my bf the other night. 
What a year to be a Lana stan for real. 
We’ve been so thoroughly fed like we’re at grandma’s house or some shit. It’s almost overwhelming. But she’s keeping my seasonal depression in check lol. What a lovely, lovely woman. Lana if you ever read this, THANK YOU for all that you do. I’m so emotional rn, Unchained Melody already got me in my feelings. Damnit. ❤️

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9

6 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Take Me Home, Country Roads was one of the unreleased songs that had a copyright takedown a couple weeks ago on Twitter: http://lanaboards.com/topic/9119-unreleased-discography-original-files/?do=findComment&comment=1697606

now people dont say to me it means nothing because it means everyting.... with this random release anything can be released any minute now and it better be fine china:read: covers album before grammy unreleased album before july confirmed:karaoke:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y