LBcita

What is Lana's best produced song?

...and why is it Happiness is a butterfly?

rick x lana x jack is truly the production dream team and I want it BACK

the guitar, the synths, the piano, the slight crescendo and then fall on the vocals during the "ooh ooh ooh!" 

it's everythingggggg

ultraviolence for me is a veryyyyy close second...that bridge...the strings...the fucked my way up to the top backing vocals in the last chorus...ughhhh

what are your picks LB?

Doing Time is perfectly mixed... The smooth bass :crai: Those twinkling sounds buried on the chorus...

The thing about Lana is she doesn't really do polished production so it's hard to say because her songs are so melody driven

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

11 hours ago, LBcita said:

the guitar, the synths, the piano, the slight crescendo and then fall on the vocals during the "ooh ooh ooh!" 

it's everythingggggg

ultraviolence for me is a veryyyyy close second...that bridge...the strings...the fucked my way up to the top backing vocals in the last chorus...ughhhh

what are your picks LB?

For me, Venice Bitch, hands down.

There's so much to unpack in that song production wise. It feels like it's been worked on for a year.

And stylistically and conceptually, everything blends so well perfectly, you really can't fault it.

More than that, at 10 minutes running time, it never gets boring and I've literally heard it a million times, yet it feels fresh each time.

off to the races

a&w

venice bitch

tulsa jesus freak

and most of honeymoon honestly, especially the title track, music to watch boys to, salvatore, swan song and freak, there are so many new little things to discover in the instrumentals with each listen :flutter:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Her absolute best-produced songs are West Coast, Venice Bitch and A&W, coincidentally her best songs.

idk why everyone is saying A&W when it's basically just an acoustic guitar and then a trap beat :eartha:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

16 hours ago, LBcita said:

it's everythingggggg

what are your picks LB?

I believe HIAB to be her worst released song from every angle, so I can't agree.

For me, it's Cola

20 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

idk why everyone is saying A&W when it's basically just an acoustic guitar and then a trap beat :diva:

A-men. 

18 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Thief said:

But…the song has almost no production.

image0.gif?ex=65b10bbd&is=659e96bd&hm=45

23 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I always thought Cola was very well produced

A-men again. THAT is the classic LDR sound!