Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Okay but if lasso wasn’t still happening, I’d imagine she’d say something about it not happening anymore. I know she’s not the most clear with her wording,Β but I think she’d make a comment about it changing.Β 

giphy.webp

β™‘οΈŽ ⁺.⊹ Λ– Β π“‚π“Ž π’·π’Άπ’·π“Ž π“π’Ύπ“‹π‘’π“ˆ 𝒾𝓃 π“ˆπ’½π’Άπ’Ήπ‘’π“ˆ π‘œπ’» π’·π“π“Šπ‘’Β β‚ŠΛš. β™‘οΈŽ

1 hour ago, TrashMagiq said:

Henry come on and all that other yeehaw shit can GO! I’d much rather have a country THEMED album with a modern sound and hiphop influences than a full on country/folk album

GIp1684WgAAcH_l.jpg

:bebe:Β :dua:

okay but do u think she started working on a new project? cause like we know she has been working for lasso for years so technically what happened this past years was that she felt inspired, starts a new project and leaves lasso on standby, so maybe she feels inspired to make something cause we know she been through a lot and lot of people are talking on her and everything on the media so maybe she has new ideas idk

I can't believe her not only has she ruined my day but also MY LIFE I'll need to move now because I live in the country I can't stand the sight of it GOD LANA I HOPE YOUR HAPPYΒ :smokeney:

23 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

Okay but if lasso wasn’t still happening, I’d imagine she’d say something about it not happening anymore. I know she’s not the most clear with her wording,Β but I think she’d make a comment about it changing.Β 

This is true, her communication skills have always been so excellent, just like how she told us Chemtrails had been delayed, Rock Candy Sweet wasn’t happening, and the release date for NFR!Β :wubna:

⊹ (:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…[Μ²Μ…:β™‘:]Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…) ⊹ 

π“Š”Β I took the miracle move on drugΒ π“Š”

βš•οΈΒ The effects were temporaryΒ βš•οΈ

⊹ (:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…[Μ²Μ…:β™‘:]Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…) ⊹ 

Thank god

Y0jLcfB.gif.Λšβ‚Šβ€§.ΰΌ»π“†©β€οΈŽβ€¬π“†ͺΒ My love's pourin' 𓆩β€ͺβ€ͺβ€οΈŽβ€¬π“†ͺΰΌΊ.β€§β‚ŠΛš.Β yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

Β°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||Like a waterfall.||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°l||lΒ°

1:32━━━━━♑────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ β–Β β–Œ β–·β–· | β†Ί

29 minutes ago, Mer said:

This is true, her communication skills have always been so excellent, just like how she told us Chemtrails had been delayed, Rock Candy Sweet wasn’t happening, and the release date for NFR!Β :wubna:

but she was quick to clock that interviewer a couple weeks ago about not doing a full stadium tour and in the same interview she didn’t deny the album was coming this year. And just today she was introduced and they mentioned her having an upcoming album and I KNOW that intro had be approved by someone on her team. AND she just told Elle last month it is still coming this yearΒ 

Β 

TLDR: Lasso is still happeningΒ 

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, shadesofblue said:

never!! History has shown us MANY projects she’s mentioned, title and all, and then never spoken of again

aOaIzH2.gif

I am so confused. The NME interview was very bizarre, and so was her "oh my god" reaction to that fan tonight, lol. Apparently, the project *exists* (Antonoff called it "brilliant"), but there's something about it that makes Lana hesitant and unsure. Has she changed her mind about the album's direction and sonic style, or is she unsure about the critical reception?

Β 

- Last spring, Antonoff mentioned that he and Lana are delving into a creatively exciting and very strange place. It seemed that he was implying that they have been cooking something experimental.Β 

- In September, Lana said that the next album would be more "Americana" with structurally and lyrically simpler songs compared to the more chaotic and excessively wordy Ocean tracks.Β 

- The first time she mentioned that she's going "country" was during that show when she gave an award to Antonoff. She also implied that "Lasso" has been a passion project that she's been working for 4 years, and Antonoff even traveled around several places in the U.S. with her, in order to write and record new music.Β 

- Lana worked with Quavo right after the Grammy's.Β 

- During the NME interview, she mentioned that the new songs are "American songbook"-esque. But she also sounded quite unsure about the album, not necessarily in terms of its existence, but mostly in terms of what it might evolve into (artistically), or in terms of critical reception.Β 

Β 

My two cents:

Β 

When Lana (enthusiastically) mentioned that "Lasso" is a country album, she had her recent collaboration with Luke Laird in mind.Β She usually gets very excited whilst working on something very specific;Β remember her W Magazine interview that made us expect an album filled with "Fingertips"-esque tracks? - and it low-key colors her perspective, lol.Β So, while I do think that the "country" element will be there, I doubt that it's going to be *the* defining sound of the album, which might explain why she's gotten a bit hesitant when attempting to describe the album. "Americana" and "American songbooks" are different terms, that imply a much broader soundscape. Not to mention the Quavo collaboration and the "strange" stuff she's been working on with Antonoff (and who knows what else at this point), assuming all this stuff has been put together in one album.Β 

Β 

Another explanation would be that she has changed the soundscape of the album dramatically. In fact, there might not be strong "country" elements at all. Her reaction to how "quiet" the room went when she announced the album is quite telling. Did she get cold feet? Does she feel that she might be misinterpreted as someone who's simply following the trend? Who knows. The fact that she mentioned that the songs are more "American songbook"-esque means that she probably hasn't cancelled the album yet, though. But the Quavo collaboration - and who knows what else? - and her recent looks could be an indication of a completely different approach.

Β 

Which leads me to a different interpretation of what she's been implying so far: what if the album is not a "typical" country/Americana album, and it's a little bit bolder/experimental or simply not easily categorized and defined in terms of its sound and style? Perhaps Lana is scared of the reception; critics and fans might be expecting something more "classic" or specific in general, but we are not getting that at all. "Cowboy Carter" was well-received, but what if she feels that she might be misunderstood (once again)? The "not following the trends" is a valid explanation of her potentially scrapping or changing the project a lot, but it doesn't sound very plausible, IMO. Assuming that it's been a passion project and taking into consideration her knowledge of the fact that the industry is going "country", I doubt that she's simply cancelling the entire project.Β 

Β 

I don't know what to expect at this point, lol. The latest IG post feels like a prelude of what's about to come in terms of the new era's aesthetics. It feels intensely contemporary and urban (the street/car photos), but also alluringly gothic, nostalgicΒ and quite unsettlingΒ (the swamps, the trees, the diner etc.). This is a far cry from the generic "yeehaw" aesthetics, so maybe she's simply unsure about the overall reception to this potentially singular takeΒ onΒ country/American songbooks/whatever's been on her mind lately? I think that the album is probably not coming in September - I'd say Spring 2025 is likelier -, because the album just keeps evolving into something strangerΒ and more eclectic. The "Lust for Life" comparison might be apt: this could be a mixture of trap, experimental alternative, hip hop, country, and throwback Americana ballads. Or...maybe not! She's so random indeed...Β 

Β 

lowkey tired of lana being crypticΒ Β :adele:Β 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

β €β € β €β € β €β € β €β € Β β €Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  β € Β  Β  :Β¨ Β·.Β· Β¨:

β €β € β €β € β €β € β €β € Β  β € Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β `Β· . κ”«

I feel like if there was NO album, she would have said something to the fan or in her interview a few weeks ago. I think it’s just unfinished and evolving, I feel like country roads was where her mind was at and now it’s clearly a little more urban swamp goth blonde diner vibe ft quavo. I think maybe she’s just trying to figure out her roll out and track list. It’s def not likely coming in September any more but I think tracks are going to start rolling out and the album is changing.