Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Nikki has a good voice and a few good songs I won’t lie, but not sure she musically goes well with Lana? It would not be a good choice to collab again.  But I do think it is inevitable 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Country roads is just a plain piano, and Henry sounded very simple in its instrumental too. Based on what we’ve heard so far, I doubt we’ll get Kasey Musgraves or The Chicks kind of production. I bet the album will sound very “Lana” with its minimal and/or quiet production.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

5 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

With Beyoncé releasing a country LP, enough time has passed for me to have made up my mind about Lana going country also. I know we heard nothing of the album, but still, we do have some indications, plus I revisited some country songs she did live. 

first of all, having heard the two new Beyoncé tracks, I really hope it’s not the direction Lana is going :oic2: The glam cowgirl style can be pulled off from Beyoncé but I can’t see Lana going at it. 

i already know Lasso won’t be my favourite album out of her discography. There’ll be some great / excellent tracks for sure (the tracks close to Henry, Come On - closer to folk than country per se, with lots of acoustic guitars - will be incredible for sure, very heartbreak heavy, which is the heart of the traditional country) but Nikki collabs are inévitable, and I’m pretty sure she’ll get closer to country on those than folk. And I’d be surprised and delighted if she did some innovative country- inspired tracks, with electronica or ambiant sounds, like Madonna did with Music, but I think she’ll stick to being « traditional country ».

Jack on board could bring interesting twists to some songs (transitions à la TT / VB or A&W), but it could also be a very generic country-pop album like he did with the Chicks’s Gaslighter (very much Taylor in terms of production). We could also have studio versions of Hey Blue Baby and Stupid for Feeling so Happy, which could be very nice if they reworked some of the verses of Hey Blue Baby (love the chorus and the opening line of the verses, I love that it’s a faster track for Lana, but the verses are bit mid when it comes to lyrics).

The possible Dolly Parton collab could be highlight… but isn’t Nikki also on that picture? 

of course I know I could be very wrong about all this. The first single will give us more clues, but these are my impressions so far :kiss:

personally, i'm loving Beyonce's take on country.

it's super country but still sounds like 2024. The production is top-notch.

I'm the 0.00000001% who wants a Taylor collab in Lasso. Idk my gut feeling says that there will be a Tay collab

url%5D

2 hours ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Ahhh already dreading the inevitable beyonce comparisons 

I think they belong to different soundscapes so it’ll be hard to compare but I’m excited to see each direction.

other than a dolly collab, I’m not interested in anything else

Sad country songs are stellar, and the more upbeat ones (as we’ve seen now with queen B) can be so fun.

this year in music is definitely going cuntry. 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

4 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Beyoncé's first country singles are kind of disappointing to me, it won't be hard for Lana to top that. Take Me Home was already better.

They’re very different. Lana’s song feels more « personal » although it’s a cover and Beyoncé’s are really glam chic country. I too prefer Lana’s so far. 

If Beyonce can pull a country in her own way, Lana should and can do it too

Lana can have her very own country - which is cinematic, smokey, ambient, chamber even more somber, sultry, psychedelic country

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing