Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

7 hours ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

5 months to go and not even a mention of this album yet :toofunny:

the coachella live chat was the only crumb about lasso we got since she announced it :toofloppy: maybe the album cover will have a heart-shaped lasso and it’ll be red 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Yeah as much as I wanted a song debuted at Coachella, now still isn’t the time. It’s not unusual to get a first single 5 months before the album (LMLYLAW, BB/TB/WFWF) but I prefer shorter pre release. Getting tunnel in December and then the album in March was almost a bit too long of a wait, but is the more typical length. Personally I hope she goes the Billie route, where she announces the album and there’s barely a month wait. 

also, the album isn’t even announced yet. She’s only talked about it at an event. Once she posts about it, then I consider it announced 

"Don’t forget me"

i really am not going to mind if this is delayed until next year bc we have got so much recently. ocean blvd is getting her time still and i enjoy riding out the pre release there's so much whimsy in it for me!! waiting is part of the FUN guys:true:

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I still think it's coming in the fall :true:

same I’m gonna cling onto the delusion that it’s coming out on September 20 until the last possible moment… this is my one chance to get a Lana album release on my birthday no one is taking that away from me :true:

10 hours ago, Liz Taylor Blues said:

lol i didn't even see it lmao.... Back on topic I think Lasso will be a very 1970's album in both aesthetic and sonically. So look at both the popular country music of that era but also the regular pop culture for insight to what Lana's going for. I've been feeling 70's revival in the zeitgeist since 2022 and I feel it very strongly in this album. I feel folk western blues and jazz more in this album than country.....but country doesn't feel wrong per say. It IS country it's just a throwback. Lana said Make Country Music Great Again.     It is what country music used to be. So who knows if the country music GP will like it or not. It could really swing massively in either direction. This could be her biggest album since BTD or an absolute train wreck. I'm so excited.

honestly yeah, like that's the ideal country sound for me, more outlaw johnny cash, kris kristofferson and waylon jennings vibe I think? Great, soul crushing lyrics with a great guitar

we're not talking carrie underwood or whoever, we're talking the highwaymen  (hopefully, I'm praying)

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

17 hours ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

assuming she'll be going on tour for this album, how much do you reckon she'll alter parts of the set/ overall look for Lasso? 

Not to be pessimistic but I don’t see it changing much. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

if the album is coming out on september with all the physical media, then what's the latest month, when the vinyls and cd-s need to on production?

url%5D

7 minutes ago, Embach said:

if the album is coming out on september with all the physical media, then what's the latest month, when the vinyls and cd-s need to on production?

Well… i’m not sure but cds and vinyls should take 6 months to be done. I’m case i am right, she should’ve submitted the album by march to have the merch ready by September 

Lana said she’s been working on Lasso for 3 years. Her team had western inspired icons in the disaster Coachella chat on Friday including a heart shaped lasso. Yes, she’s being silent about the album but it feels like things are happening behind the scenes? We now know whatever her dancers shot back in February wasn’t for Coachella visuals. Ideally, she publicly acknowledges the album during her set this Friday and the roll out can begin! A lead single this month or May with a second single and pre-release in July could be realistic? With some magazine interviews sprinkled in along with a music video. Am I being full on delulu? Cmon Henry Lana :oprah5:

Tumblr

2 minutes ago, themusicbizisGONEgoingcountry said:

Lana said she’s been working on Lasso for 3 years. Her team had western inspired icons in the disaster Coachella chat on Friday including a heart shaped lasso. Yes, she’s being silent about the album but it feels like things are happening behind the scenes? We now know whatever her dancers shot back in February wasn’t for Coachella visuals. Ideally, she publicly acknowledges the album during her set this Friday and the roll out can begin! A lead single this month or May with a second single and pre-release in July could be realistic? With some magazine interviews sprinkled in along with a music video. Am I being full on delulu? Cmon Henry Lana :oprah5:

call us delulu all u want but she’s closer with taylor than she ever was in an album cycle surely she’s up to speed on the easter egging 🧘‍♀️

i feel like one of those disney adults that thinks everything is a hidden mickey

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Embach said:

Five or six months prior is the usual timeframe (or it was last year but I can’t seen how it’s changed with all the vinyl demand). So it would have to be submitted already (like end of last month or first week of this month)

On 4/15/2024 at 3:47 PM, Embach said:

For vinyl it used to take 90 days, during covid it was around 6 months. Allegedly it’s back down to 90 days, but almost every main stream artist still seems to be taking around 6 months (Midnights by Taylor was submitted May for the October release. Lana teased the titty vinyl in January and it didn’t ship out until July )

so if it’s 90 days, somewhere around June. If it’s 6 months (which I personally think it is) it would need to have been submitted last month 

"Don’t forget me"

On 4/15/2024 at 11:31 AM, Crimson and Clover said:

the vibes she better bring to Lasso

I love this! Thanks for sharing it, I'd die from happiness if Lasso had this vibe

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life