Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

15 minutes ago, reyner said:

Not to say anything but Lana's cooking something. Lana entered Coachella with the song "My My, Hey Hey (Out of the blue)" by Neil Young, whose lyrics are "Out of the blue into the black". Additionally, she repeated these lyrics on stage, and the first week she wore a blue outfit, and the second week a black one. She's also referring to Get Free in a way since she used the lyrics "Out of the black, into the blue" which are a reference to "My My, Hey Hey". I wonder what she's cooking for the next era and if all of this has a specific meaning. 

out of the blue and into the black is used in Get Free but I agree, using Neil Young’s song and planning outfits like that probably mean something

3 minutes ago, Churchome Rep said:

out of the blue and into the black is used in Get Free but I agree, using Neil Young’s song and planning outfits like that probably mean something

in Get Free is "out of the black / into the blue"

10 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

What do we do when the album is a mix of hey blue baby and interlude-the trio:flutter:

we rejoice!

as much as i love lana’s quiet acoustic songs like not all those who wander, i’d loveeeee for the acoustic guitar to be more loud like how it is in hey blue baby. henry come on is lovely from what we’ve heard, i just want a bit more energy from the rest of the album. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Gothic country, dessert psychedelic acid rock should be the theme of the album

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

48 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

What do we do when the album is a mix of hey blue baby and interlude-the trio:flutter:

Interlude the trio would’ve made so much more sense for lasso :deadbanana: or a rework to add vocals 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

6 minutes ago, themusicbizisGONEgoingcountry said:

I do not want to see the words hey blue baby or I must be stupid for being happy on the Lasso track list....or any track list, ever, in fact:bye:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9525o4qoiwtoywv7bc0uea

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

8 minutes ago, themusicbizisGONEgoingcountry said:

I do not want to see the words hey blue baby or I must be stupid for being happy on the Lasso track list....or any track list, ever, in fact:bye:

well, i think the names are just made up by fans, these songs dont even have official titles i suppose

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

15 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

Interlude the trio would’ve made so much more sense for lasso :deadbanana: or a rework to add vocals 

No literally because it’s Clint Eastwood Wild West mixed with gangster Nancy Sinatra like that would’ve been perfection on lasso 

1 hour ago, reyner said:

Not to say anything but Lana's cooking something. Lana entered Coachella with the song "My My, Hey Hey (Out of the blue)" by Neil Young, whose lyrics are "Out of the blue into the black". Additionally, she repeated these lyrics on stage, and the first week she wore a blue outfit, and the second week a black one. She's also referring to Get Free in a way since she used the lyrics "Out of the black, into the blue" which are a reference to "My My, Hey Hey". I wonder what she's cooking for the next era and if all of this has a specific meaning. 

Get free and my my, hey hey are literally parallel in their meanings 

but with the tone of candy necklace, it points towards music in those themes rather than get free or high by the beach for example. I take it as we’re getting dark moody country for lasso and here’s to hoping 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

10 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

I have a feeling this album will be a highlight in Lana's career. :justride2:

I’ve felt it may be a mix between Chemtrails and Banisters tbh which isn’t bad..but do we want more of that?

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I mean, it's just so funny how Lana is always a trendsetter and always go against whats trending

while people still naming their album titles as sharp, short, clear, marketable as possible, Lana went out with shits like "Norman Fucking Rockwell!", "Chemtrails over The Country Club" and "Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd", they are all so camp but so iconic at the same time.

and now everyone seems like  doing long ass album title trying to be as standout as Lana did and Lana in the other hand, goes with one single, simple word: Lasso

And this album title has actually grown on me in last few weeks. Cant wait to meet you, Lasso.

1 hour ago, themusicbizisGONEgoingcountry said:

when we see

track 04. Tired of Waiting
track 07. A Bad Country Song

:oprah4:

As a imaginary PR person, I selfishly want Lana to push Lasso back to next year; I fear Taylor's impending downfall will affect how people receive Lana's next work. Especially since Cowboy Carter came out this year, and I know everyone will be comparing Lasso to it, which will result in another QFTC disaster (and yes, I know Taylor's career has nothing to do with Lana's, but the past few months they've been associated as "mediocre white girl singers" on social media ):eek3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 hours ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Dare I say it.. UV soundscape.. I think we’re getting electric guitars lol :sluttybunny:

praying, I need pls Lanaaaaaaa

I already started my Pinterest board for Lasso lol

14c7798183bd95d2e224443185b04408.jpg

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life