Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

23 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

we must not forget he is responsible for a&w. That is all. 

honestly. I had to take a step back and reevaluate my jack opinions after that

1 hour ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

And Venice Bitch,

And Mariner's 

And Norman

And Ocean Boulevard

And Wild at Heart

And White Dress.

The list goes on and on. 

That being said, I do think she should mix it up with another producer, and I hope Luke L. will bring that breath of fresh air.

Not a fan of Gabe Simon, Zach Davies, Drew Erickson and others from her Blue Banisters area. They've produced some of the weakest tracks in her career (Summertime Gershwin, Country Roads, etc.).

Why is everyone acting like this is a jack only record? YES he’s involved, but the first song we’ve been teased with isn’t a Jack song. 

personally I think it’s a bit silly to hope for a super boppy album when her last ‘bop’ album was LFL which came out almost 7 years ago. I want a bop album as much as the next person but it just doesn’t seem realistic

"Don’t forget me"

i cant wait for the point in this thread where insiders start spilling :popcorn: that’s always the funnest time on pre-release threads

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

1 hour ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Dan was responsible for west coast and shades of cool but she didn't work with him multiple times (despite popular demand :brigitte: )

I'm not denying that jack has made great songs with lana, but it doesn't warrant working with him so consistently

Spoiler

P.s A&W wasn't that good anyway, but thats another topic :hottie:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

3 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Dan was responsible for west coast and shades of cool but she didn't work with him multiple times (despite popular demand :brigitte: )

I'm not denying that jack has made great songs with lana, but it doesn't warrant working with him so consistently

Reveal hidden contents

P.s A&W wasn't that good anyway, but thats another topic :hottie:

already have worst taste 5.0 in the bag <3

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

P.s A&W wasn't that good anyway, but thats another topic

Honestly the transition part is way too long and feels so empty it gets boring. Maybe that tiktok posted of her singing the demo (?) was a deleted verse from that section hence why it felt empty. I still enjoy what Jack and Lana do sometimes but he feels burnt out. #BringBackRick

1 minute ago, Honeytrails said:

Honestly the transition part is way too long and feels so empty it gets boring. Maybe that tiktok posted of her singing the demo (?) was a deleted verse from that section hence why it felt empty. I still enjoy what Jack and Lana do sometimes but he feels burnt out. #BringBackRick

And #BringBackDan, idgaf what they do together just bring him back :trisha:

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

already have worst taste 5.0 in the bag <3

a&w truthers.. ima keep quiet before i get dragged even further

no i do like the song i just think its a little... overrated. thats all, dont shoot

arlanabarb-pariswoo.gif

anyway i thought we agreed @baddisease has the worst taste now, truly disturbing :ma:

6 minutes ago, Honeytrails said:

yeah it doesn't work well as a full song imo, i would've prefered each part more if it were it's own entity and not merged together to look "artsy"

the transition does a good job seperating the two but it feels like a bit of a chore to listen to sometimes

5 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

yeah it doesn't work well as a full song imo, i would've prefered each part more if it were it's own entity and not merged together to look "artsy"

the transition does a good job seperating the two but it feels like a bit of a chore to listen to sometimes

Okay that I agree with, they need to be separate songs. And I’d also extended the Jimmy part with the deleted verse (?) from the demo (?).

I'm fine with Jack being heavily involved considering the best songs on Ocean Blvd were produced by him. Drew Erickson was enemy nr1 in my eyes but he did his thing on Let The Light In so perhaps he isn't the spawn of satan. Either way I do hope some more producers she hasn't worked with before are also involved so we get a new perspective and it feels fresh.

qfrWuBl.png

28 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Why is everyone acting like this is a jack only record? YES he’s involved, but the first song we’ve been teased with isn’t a Jack song. 

personally I think it’s a bit silly to hope for a super boppy album when her last ‘bop’ album was LFL which came out almost 7 years ago. I want a bop album as much as the next person but it just doesn’t seem realistic

Yeah, it can’t be a Jack-only album: Taylor got him working 24-7 on all of her albums til his last fucking breath, no matter how uninspiring the songs may sound like :ma:

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Yeah, it can’t be a Jack-only album: Taylor got him working 24-7 on all of her albums til his last fucking breath, no matter how uninspiring the songs may sound like :ma:

To be fair Jack ate on Guilty As Sin, but that’s all I’m gonna say about that. Also yeah let’s hope it’s not a Jack only album.

2 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

we know she has also worked with Luke Laird and he's probably the main producer because she spent a lot of time in Nashville

I expect some kind of Kacey Musgraves country, which is not that bad :oic3:

Luke hasn’t produced an album for a major artist since 2015(Kacey Musgraves). He seems like more of a songwriter than a producer. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lana did let him produce the album though since Drew Erickson had like no production credits before Blue Banisters. 

39 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Reveal hidden contents

had no choice but to agree:oprah3:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y