Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Just now, Liz Taylor Blues said:

I actually am excited about the idea of a llighter album. It is easy an artist to get trapped in the mythos of darkness being more artistic or important or deeper. That's nonsense. There is a balance to it all. An alchemy. A synthesis.  Especially after such a dark and vulnurable masterpiece such as Ocean Boulevard Lana (and us) likely need a palate cleanser. You need both the light and the dark. The yin and the yang. Ultraviolence and  Honeymoon. It also will likely lead to a lot more music. The time of brutal honesty and openess of OB is absolutely draining to a creative. Its important to remember that The artist makes the art. the art does not make the art. The channel has a say in the message.

Tea

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

5 hours ago, star Iux said:

I think we're kinda overthinking this. There's nothing to indicate that she hates the album. She's never been super talkative about her projects, we got like a few words about OB and then had to wait for months before getting a snippet I don't think it's that serious she's just unreliable.

Pls yes

Every pre-album era has these super exaggerated spirals that are like "THIS IS THE ONE THAT'S GONNA BREAK HER, SHE'S OVER"

And then it never is

Dont hold on to her every word, this is Lana

41 minutes ago, Liz Taylor Blues said:

I actually am excited about the idea of a llighter album. It is easy an artist to get trapped in the mythos of darkness being more artistic or important or deeper. That's nonsense. There is a balance to it all. An alchemy. A synthesis.  Especially after such a dark and vulnurable masterpiece such as Ocean Boulevard Lana (and us) likely need a palate cleanser. You need both the light and the dark. The yin and the yang. Ultraviolence and  Honeymoon. It also will likely lead to a lot more music. The type of brutal honesty and openess of OB is absolutely draining to a creative. Its important to remember that The artist makes the art. the art does not make the art. The channel has an impact on the message.

This excited me a lil too much while reading :makeup:

9 hours ago, Lasso said:

One thing that we know is that Lana usually hints the themes of the next album on the last song(s) of the previous one. 

So I've been looking for evidence, and here's what I have so far. Brooklyn على X: "Lady Gaga tried to investigate the Senate Hearing Room  herself— “I looked for evidence" https://t.co/8ji1aYLcL8" / X

Get Free - commiting to heal, and to make music reflecting that - into NFR --> 

Hope - admitting that she's not happy yet but she's trying, very poetic song, minimalist production, reflecting about the past - into COCC -->

Dance till we die (not considering the actual closing track bc Lana didn't write it) - talking about how she's reflecting on fame and that she prefers to live a simple life, mentions a daughter - into Blue Banisters -->

Sweet Carolina a song dedicated to her sister, with involvement from her family, a reflection on maternity and motherhood - into Ocean Blvd --> an album which dealt with very heavy themes that we all know. Then the album ends with Taco Truck :hide:  let's see what that'll mean for the themes of her next album

taco truck has more lighthearted lyrics compared to the rest of OB which is how she described the lyrics in lasso/new album :true:

9 hours ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

so when she mentions southern gothic i just think of that one stevie girl from ahs f30942bee3c220e042c96985941b8abccca51e62

i've been manifesting this vibe ever since she first announced lasso. i need this :trisha:

492482-1.png

♡︎

8 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

And now she's just come out and said to not expect anything very different from everything else she's done

To be fair she said the same thing about Honeymoon and yet...

6 hours ago, star Iux said:

I think we're kinda overthinking this. There's nothing to indicate that she hates the album. She's never been super talkative about her projects, we got like a few words about OB and then had to wait for months before getting a snippet I don't think it's that serious she's just unreliable.

THIS! 
She’s kept more quiet with her releases lately probably not to get too much « harassement » from fans about it. She just shouldn’t have talked it in February with a snippet after, I guess 

2 hours ago, Liz Taylor Blues said:

I actually am excited about the idea of a llighter album. It is easy an artist to get trapped in the mythos of darkness being more artistic or important or deeper. That's nonsense. There is a balance to it all. An alchemy. A synthesis.  Especially after such a dark and vulnurable masterpiece such as Ocean Boulevard Lana (and us) likely need a palate cleanser. You need both the light and the dark. The yin and the yang. Ultraviolence and  Honeymoon. It also will likely lead to a lot more music. The type of brutal honesty and openess of OB is absolutely draining to a creative. Its important to remember that The artist makes the art. the art does not make the art. The channel has an impact on the message.

:gclap:

7 hours ago, star Iux said:

agreed sfm

I simply can't picture her put out a project she doesn't believe in, otherwise we wouldn't have that many amazing unreleased songs lol

Everything she releases is for a reason and is meaningful to her

9 hours ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

She recorded Tough soon after and we know from an insider it was being considered as a possible last minute addition to the album. 

Who said this? So Tough is on the album, actually? :oprah7:

2.gif

3 hours ago, Liz Taylor Blues said:

I agree. The only thing that I find perplexing is how something can be light and at the same time being souther gothic influenced. Only Lana knows I guess

i pray to god and jesus that lana collabs with Grupo Frontera for Lasso…tell me lana can’t make a sexy, dramatic, depressing regional mexican song

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

15 hours ago, Lasso said:

One thing that we know is that Lana usually hints the themes of the next album on the last song(s) of the previous one. 

So I've been looking for evidence, and here's what I have so far. Brooklyn على X: "Lady Gaga tried to investigate the Senate Hearing Room  herself— “I looked for evidence" https://t.co/8ji1aYLcL8" / X

Get Free - commiting to heal, and to make music reflecting that - into NFR --> 

Hope - admitting that she's not happy yet but she's trying, very poetic song, minimalist production, reflecting about the past - into COCC -->

Dance till we die (not considering the actual closing track bc Lana didn't write it) - talking about how she's reflecting on fame and that she prefers to live a simple life, mentions a daughter - into Blue Banisters -->

Sweet Carolina a song dedicated to her sister, with involvement from her family, a reflection on maternity and motherhood - into Ocean Blvd --> an album which dealt with very heavy themes that we all know. Then the album ends with Taco Truck :hide:  let's see what that'll mean for the themes of her next album

Taco Truck's purpose on Ocean Blvd (especially the Venice Bitch part) is a major "fuck you" to anyone questioning her legacy after musing on the idea of it throughout the album with some of her most ridiculous lyrics ever (That's why they Call me Lanita...) and the addition of sampling herself with the Venice Bitch demo after sampling and interpolating many songs on the album adds to Ocean Blvd's general theme of preserving legacies and not to leave anything to be forgotten. 

In terms of the next album's themes Taco Truck was more about her being confident with herself and if "Mirror" had the Lake Placid mention I don't see why it wouldn't be the opener

I think that the lighter lyrics (even if they are like less wordy or happier in context) will be still as amazing as the complex personal wordy lyrics in Ocean Blvd. Lana will definitely not write lyrics such as "sexy confident so intelligent" :toofunny:

Edit: for clarity I just wanna say that I hate the "stereotype" that lighter lyrics are dumb and less deep. I think that the lighter lyrics are going to be in the vein of "world-building" which Lana described a lot about NFR album and I think we can expect NFR style of lyricism and which is also great because NFR lyrics are amazing, deep and poetic. You can see some kind of a difference in NFR and Ocean Blvd that while they're both very great but NFR's style of writing is more simpler and OB's style of writing is very wordy (like in Fingertips where she also wrote complex revealing stuff we didn't know about her life). So I think that this is what Lana meant, we're going to have more world-building lyrics :daydream:

2.gif

3 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

The insider that originally teased Tough back in Februrary said it "might" make the album.

quavo.png

Oh!

Thank you for sharing tho!

2.gif

3 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

The insider that originally teased Tough back in Februrary said it "might" make the album.

quavo.png

It seems like it was just a guess because it’s slightly more country. I think it being released on Quavo’s label indicates it might not make Lasso

"Don’t forget me"