Sign in to follow this  
DeadSeaOfMercury

What was the first album you ever bought?

CD:

Michael Jackson’s Number 1s - Became a fan after he died, I was Thrilled to find it!

If you don’t count compilations as albums, I found Thriller like a few months later.

I played them through my iDog.

Digital:

I thought I was being cool deciding to buy digital music from AmazonMP3 “I hadn’t become obsessed with CDs yet” & Had to blow some cash from first job, The first batch:

Aqua - Aquarium 

Aqua - Aquarius

Under My Skin - Compilation from Doro

1989 - Taylor Swift

Vinyl:

Well always seeing Vinyl inferior to CDs & Overpriced never really looked into it.

But then I saw Paradise, This EP from a singer I had been obsessed with for like a year - $16! So yeah. And Ordered Rebel Heart from eBay the next day “can’t remember which arrived first”

Thus was born a very expensive habit…

Cassette:

Either Prince’s Versace RSD or High As Hope - Can’t recall, Bigger fan of Vinyl & CD

How’d your musical hoarding start?

Discuss!

:ma:

IMG-3521.jpg

my first CD I got when I was 3 and it was the soundtrack of this soap opera for kids that was basically about this girl who was raised in an orphanage because her grandfather didn't accept that his daughter got pregnant by a poor man, so he built the orphanage to raise his granddaughter and hide the true background of her birth :true: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Pretty sure my first CD was A Little Bit Longer by the Jonas Brothers lol. My first vinyl was The Dark Side of the Moon 40th Anniversary Editon, it was a gift from my parents in high school.

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

The very first CD I bought with my birthday money was Rihanna's Good Girl Gone Bad :bebe: I was so obsessed I had her haircut (the short, straight bob). 

The first vinyl I had was an old copy of either The Dreaming or Hounds of Love by Kate Bush. I both found them during garage sales but I don't remember which vinyl I got first, just that it was a Kate Bush one :eek:

My first CD was Fergie's The Dutchess :makeup2: I got it when I was like 6 years old, I was such a big Fergie stan then. Now the CD is probably broken because I played it non-stop then. I really loved the album back then but now I don't rememeber anything about that album, I only remember the famous singles lol :creep:

I never had a vinyl though :magikarp:

url%5D

I think my first CD was  Mika's Life in Cartoon Motion in 2007. He was big on German radio back then and I liked the singles, but I can't really remember listening to the album a lot. 

The first CD I bought with my own money was Lily Allen's It's not me, it's you in 2009 after seeing a BTS clip of the The Fear music video on MTV. That one I played a lot.

The first digital album I bought on Itunes when I got an Ipod for my birthday was Music For Man by Gossip in either 2009 or 2010.

I think they were the first band I ever really fanboyed and digital music made it possible to dive into their full back catalogue.

My first vinyl was Chelsea Wolfe's Hypnos/ Flame double single in 2016, the first LP was a blue pressing of Born To Die that got released in 2017. I bought both as collector items, I did not even have a record player back then 🙃

The first vinyl I actually bought when I finally got a player was Agnes Obel's Aventine.

The first - and only - music cassette I ever bought is Marina's venus-flytrap-green ADIAM.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

first cd was a copy of 1989 I found in a charity store when I was 12, with the polaroids. still have it now and i love it so much

first cassette was norman fucking rockwell, with the signed lithograph.

first vinyl was Bloom by Troye Sivan 

first and last digital purchase was idle town by conan gray i think, i was like 11 lol

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

44 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

My first vinyl record was a 12 inch "Baby One More Time" single. I think I purchased it for myself, either on my birthday, or as an early birthday present :lolliney:

*Not my image

Britney-Vinyl.jpg

Hide contents

This was a few years back...either 2019 or 2020....my Britney stanning days

Twins! My first album that I remember is Baby One More Time CD that my mom got for me at a garage sale after I begged her for it there.  

Spoiler

I’m always in my Britney stanning era though :fabcat:

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore