Davis

Florence + The Machine

17 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Start w/ HBHBHB luv

gurl i thought that yesterday but the itunes presave only shows 14 tracks for real.The Heaven Is Here interlude counts

Ok thanks for the information. 14 is pretty fine tough. There's no official tracklist on the page but now we know the position of the released songs :

1. King

9. Heaven is here
11. My Love

So Heaven is not an intro after all. It's fine too. I'm sure it works in the tracklist :nails:

8 hours ago, bigspender said:

why do i have to be broke rn 

queen 

can you rip the New York Poem for Polly audio yet? :crai:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

i love how every album cycle she just rehashes the same themes 

You are right she does have a very similar style for every era like this vintage floral style, although HBHBHB seemed a bit different.  I like her art style but it is getting a little repetitive 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

id get more tired of the aesthetic if it wasn't so 100 percent lined up with my own personal taste and if the industry was more saturated with people using that aesthetic as successfully. 

as far as the thematic content in her music, I can hardly fault anybody for repetition mainly because in 2022 there isn't a single artist you could convince me doesn't do that to some degree. and while her aesthetic certainly guides her lyricism (just as Lanas guides hers, and Grimes guides hers, and bjorks drives hers) and maybe makes it seem samey, I wouldn't say she's ever done any one topic to death apart from love which every single musician on the planet has done and will continue to do to death for the rest of recorded history. 

I love the fact that she is revisiting some of her old themes . I've missed visual albums and concepts and I love the fact that she is following a story . That's what I've missed from Lana as well tbh and I am so glad that Flo is feeding us with amazing and well thought out visuals that are aesthetically pleasing too. 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

her aesthetics are iconic, let's not act like fiona, tori, stevie and other powerful musicians aren't centered in a particular style. 

sorry but florence is almost a legacy artist at this point it would be almost disappointing if she decided to make an hyper pop record or something. she delivers 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

4 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

her aesthetics are iconic, let's not act like fiona, tori, stevie and other powerful musicians aren't centered in a particular style. 

sorry but florence is almost a legacy artist at this point it would be almost disappointing if she decided to make an hyper pop record or something. she delivers 

What has aesthetics to do with style why are you using words randomly :rip:

And Fiona, Tori and Stevie are all bad examples cause eras did not exist back then. Fiona never even shot videos for half of her career and her albums are all random pictures

edit: also Florence is nowhere near them and they can get away with much more than Florence can lol

4 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

And Fiona, Tori and Stevie are all bad examples cause eras did not exist back then. Fiona never even shot videos for half of her career and her albums are all random pictures

Eras did not exist back then?

62cE.gif
EDIT:

I saw your added comment about Florence and…

Spoiler

giphy.gif

IMG-3521.jpg

20 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

edit: also Florence is nowhere near them and they can get away with much more than Florence can lol

mc'cuse me but tori's boys for pele era was literally a cultural reset :scoff:

nice try hun

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

oh also tori amos is a great artist that i don't doubt that florence was potentially inspired by i highly recommend you checking out her work (preferably before 2002) if you like florence's more piano-based tracks cause tori's main thing is the piano :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

12 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

Do you even like Florence? Feel like you're just in here hating - first with an absurd claim that she's rehashing, and now with inflammatory comparisons of someone ~12 years into their career vs. women well more seasoned ... Lol - what's the point. 

I mean Lana never stops singing about LA and California and here we all are on Lanaboreds dot com so can we just acknowledge that most artists revisit themes that inspire them and that there's nothing wrong with that and go

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Florence isn’t gonna adopt an aesthetic just for the sake of an era Lol she’s not a pop singer she’s a poet and an artist who is true to her vision. and every era is significantly different from the other, while all being recognisably florence and they’re all incredible and better than most discographies so idk what the whining is about

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

Lyrical parallels that make me go feral: 

4-E25-A568-CE0-E-4465-8438-42-EB1-A4-E14

220-F9937-F3-A2-4-BA4-9904-25-E677-E3-C8

Spoiler

Also yesterday I went for a run and when my love came on it was perfect. It is the perfect running song. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹