honeyslow

Drop Nineteens Release 'White Dress' Cover

6 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

Stereogum are guessing, the same as the rest of us.

Someone from Stereogum definitely follows the LanaBoards Instagram account as they have reposted a good amount of our posts before and have tagged us in some, and have also linked our posts in some of their online articles. I think they probably found out about this from seeing our post about it and probably know as much about it as we do at the moment x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

20 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

This band is from 30 years ago?? 

this isn’t their first project in 30 years, they released a new album last year! it would be so funny if that was how they did their comeback though 😭

giphy.gif

Idk who they are but I'm sat :true:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

A few thoughts on this lol…

It would make no sense for someone else to cover White Dress because it is extremely personal, it would almost be like someone covering Fingertips lmao. It just would seem odd given it is very specific to Lana’s personal experience. 

Also is it possible that the teaser they posted has nothing to do with the song and they just chose it because it mentions 19? 

Either way it has been dry for a long time so I’m excited for whatever this is, even if it is just a cover. It would be the better version of White Dress tbh…

16 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

It does sound like Lana distorted/reversed/whatever so I guess she let them sample something? It kinda sounds like White Dress a bit.

It's a really small band but it's Lana so who knows :hide:

Or maybe they are just clout chasing teasing fans and that's it but I think it's her in the snippet

A small band?? A SMALL BAND??? 

They were absolutely between top 10 shoegaze bands from the 90s, also they're quite well known when it comes to people who're into less mainstream genres