rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - OUT July 3, 2024

Just now, Rico25 said:

I'm more excited about a new MV than I am about the song itself lol

I hope this era she releases more than one... OB deserved more

For me, one MV per era is enough (no one cares for MVs much anymore).

And I'm glad Tough is getting the music video treatment. 

I'm assuming that the title track 'Lasso' might also be getting one, or at least a home made video.

8 minutes ago, barttttender said:

For me, one MV per era is enough (no one cares for MVs much anymore).

From an industry point of view, yeah it seems no one cares anymore because it's not as benefitial as it used to be, and I'm also sure younger generations won't care 'cause it's longer than a TikTok but I do

As a 90s baby and a fan of pop culture for me visuals are SO important and they have been in her career as well so I do care and still expect artists to have MVs

Fortunately some still have amazing music videos like Doja Cat, Megan Thee Stallion, Dua sometimes, etc.

2 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

From an industry point of view, yeah it seems no one cares anymore because it's not as benefitial as it used to be, and I'm also sure younger generations won't care 'cause it's longer than a TikTok but I do

As a 90s baby and a fan of pop culture for me visuals are SO important and they have been in her career as well so I do care and still expect artists to have MVs

Fortunately some still have amazing music videos like Doja Cat, Megan Thee Stallion, Dua sometimes, etc.

I love MVs, it's a brilliant artform in itself. And Lana has surely had some mind-blowing ones.

Like Bjork once famously said "People are stupid. They don't understand music, you need to show them what it looks like." (Paraphrasing)

Lana's videos have had a huge impact on her early image, and helped make he rinto a pop star as much as the music itself has.

The only thing is: no one watches videos anymore, so it feels like money down the drain. Candy Necklace was one of her best (top 5 imo), but it got like 4 M views.

So, I'd rather see one great one per album that people are actually going to watch. You know what I mean?

BB had 3 videos that were only seen by die-hard fans. And they weren't even good.

So, for me, it's becoming a bit of a waste of time for her. One FABULOUS video per era ala Candy Necklace is parfait.

Music videos and visuals are still important. It’s an artistic expression along with the music. It’s just more content for the fans to enjoy. It’s also STILL a great tool for promotion/marketing.

YouTube itself is a dying platform for music consumption. That’s why the views are so low now.

Short video clips go viral on other social medias all the time (twitter and TikTok). I don’t think some of these recent hits would have done as well without their music videos. People still watch videos just not on YouTube. Short clips from different section of the songs get posted everywhere. Without an actual music video, that would not be possible.

Also people essentially make their own music videos now on TikTok, but the official ones are still important to shape the artist vision of the song. And people can use the official videos and make their own edits with it. Just more promo for the song. 

9 hours ago, Pink Flamingo said:

the fucking gag of it all if she ends up dropping a trap pop country album in September when we had all but held a funeral for Lasso :crying5:

𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚒𝚐 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎, 𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚢𝚕𝚟𝚒𝚊 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚑