rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - RELEASE TBA

we thought we’d get a Nikki lane x lana collab album but it’d be hilarious if we get quavo x lana album instead :ma:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

2 minutes ago, fishtails said:

It was one of those Instagram collab posts so technically they both posted it at the same time lol

I think Quavo posted it first because when the post was getting attention (when lana accepted the collab post) the post had already been up for like 2 hours :derpna2:

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I think it could end up being like Cowboy Carter where certain songs are very heavily country and others are a fusion of hip hop with some country influences tbh CC is aging like fine wine and it has a little something for everybody I would be thrilled if she did something similar :true:

15 minutes ago, Rust Dress said:

lana’s songs over guitar are just amazing sorry not sorry. but this makes me wonder how country Lasso is going to be if this collab is on the album… im worried the songs just won’t make sense together :stareney2: hoping she pulls of a cowbay carter and makes everything cohesive

I just realised... This can't be on lasso because the production sounds more migos/quavo than lana.

jack couldnt produce that. He's never done beats like that. I reckon this is a stand-alone single.

Just now, Rust Dress said:

I think Quavo posted it first because when the post was getting attention (when lana accepted the collab post) the post had already been up for like 2 hours :derpna2:

Interesting :daydream:

It probably is Quavo's song with Lana featuring then :oic3:

200ddd7056a7178e78239257e8a74baa.gif

white lies and black beaches and blood red sangrias

i'm sorry but i desperately hope she isn't going to mix country and trap/rap together on lasso... it's almost always a horrible mix, especially considering how the state of mainstream country is right now... she needs to stay far away from that

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

I’ve got to say i’m typically REAALLLY not a fan of rap features, but the beat does sound very nice on this. Lana may actually annihilate this beat but i just hope the Quavo part doesn’t come across to overbearing. Seeing how this is likely a Quavo song w/ a Lana feature i’m not getting my hopes up but it’s just a wait and see

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

I think it’ll be fun for Lasso to have some more traditional country songs and then a few speedboosts like this song, if it is indeed on the album as the ATRL outsider said it might be. Ocean Blvd is largely defined by lyrical ballads and yet the last three tracks don’t feel out of place - so I could see this being worked into it for sure. The guitars certainly sound like some of the more rustic, “Americana” production elements of her 2011-2015 discography. 

It’s quavos post/song I think since Lana is tagged on the post, unless she mistakenly did it by herself but I doubt that. Also the giggle in the beginning :air2: got ridin vibes

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7laynh1btcbtvab9ylb

10 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i'm sorry but i desperately hope she isn't going to mix country and trap/rap together on lasso... it's almost always a horrible mix, especially considering how the state of mainstream country is right now... she needs to stay far away from that

I mean I didn't like it either before but imo beyoncé did a great job including both genres on her album, so it's definitely possible to do something good mixing both. it doesn't have to be like old town road for example, just some key elements and a well done production. but most likely it's a quavo project, since he's the one posting about it, I don't think it's for lasso

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

trap lana with backing vocals and spoken outroooooo we're getting hip hop lana again

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

30 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I think it could end up being like Cowboy Carter where certain songs are very heavily country and others are a fusion of hip hop with some country influences tbh CC is aging like fine wine and it has a little something for everybody I would be thrilled if she did something similar :true:

I loved CC but it is not ageing life fine wine for me tbh - espc the more hip hop songs. I think the original more traditionally-country Beyincé album that we got on physicals is much better than the version with the hip hop songs 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I’m not like 100% feeling this.. only because I don’t think it’s clear what it will sound like from the snippet, this is obviously just an outro

and I must confess.. I’ve never listened to any of quavos stuff so I’m not sure if I enjoy his music or not tbf 

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

15 minutes ago, Mer said:

I loved CC but it is not ageing life fine wine for me tbh - espc the more hip hop songs. I think the original more traditionally-country Beyincé album that we got on physicals is much better than the version with the hip hop songs 

But have we considered how Lana’s recent spaghetti picture from her insta story alludes to Beyoncé’s CC track Spaghetti? Hip Hop/Country fusion confirmed :true:

Silly but the pinecone wreath on the door is cracking me up :thumb: Looks like these 2 superstars walked up to a random suburban porch and snapped a pic for their single art. I’m 50/50 on whether I think this is for Lasso or Quavo’s new album. She seems to be in a really fun, happy place right now, enjoying her life and career highs and I’m excited to hear it translated in the new music. 

Tumblr

45 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

I agree, the rap features on beyoncé's cowboy carter with shaboozey, for example, were the worst songs for me. But on the other hand, the snippet doesn't actually sound that bad. :um2: