Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

38 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

Nene Leakes Kim Zol GIF - Nene Leakes Kim Zol Kim Zolciak - Discover &  Share GIFs

majority of artists (and fashion companies) sell cheap stuff, and singing lazily or not as good as the studio isn't necessarily dumb or really that serious honestly... and a lot of people believe she has improved (i will agree she did get sort of lazy during LA to the moon tour, perhaps) if anything not giving it your all while knowing people will still eat it up anyway is sort of smart, we all know she doesn't particularly like performing in the first place, we should be grateful she still does anyway since she knows people want to see her perform, at least her music's actually good compared to the majority of stuff out there today honestly!

Imagine being grateful for a multimillionaire not trying at all. It’s been over for awhile but yeah Lana will never be LANA again. We’ll never get good vocals again. We’ll never get an album that’s truly good again. We hold on because of nostalgia. The most we have to look forward to is one or two genuinely great songs on new records. Crucify me because I’m right (not you. Just responding bc you quoted me) it’s a hard conversation no one wants to have lmao 

49 minutes ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

Not sure if this is unpopular, but Lana is extremely dumb unless it comes to writing and creating melodies. She is so detached from normal human beings, and it shows. She sells cheap bizarre merch for so much money, plays shows with horrible vocals, and she knows she can; because people worship her. She plays every fan for a fool and we accept it because we love the music. She needs to stop performing live, stop selling hot topic quality merch, and just write and create songs. She’s taken enough money from you all. 

url%5D

url%5D

17 minutes ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

Crucify me because I’m right

Lmao imagine thinking you're right with this piss poor take. Gotta admire the audacity :wowcry: 

She's actually very clever when it comes to earning as much money as she can, perhaps too clever. But what she earns from her shows, for example, is not for her alone. She's like a company, lots of people work for her, she has to pay a large staff.

19 minutes ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

It’s been over for awhile but yeah Lana will never be LANA again. We’ll never get good vocals again. We’ll never get an album that’s truly good again. 

I thought her vocals last week were some of her best! but maybe that’s just me. I think it’s normal for artists to branch out and try new things. Just because she’s not “old lana” doesn’t mean it’s bad, she’s just growing as an artist and person. I guess you could say her style is changing, but I think her songwriting has improved if anything. Change isn’t a bad thing, sometimes not changing limits your potential

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

33 minutes ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

Imagine being grateful for a multimillionaire not trying at all. It’s been over for awhile but yeah Lana will never be LANA again. We’ll never get good vocals again. We’ll never get an album that’s truly good again. We hold on because of nostalgia. The most we have to look forward to is one or two genuinely great songs on new records. Crucify me because I’m right (not you. Just responding bc you quoted me) it’s a hard conversation no one wants to have lmao 

it’s an extreme thing to write on this site and u probably are having ur moment rn, and even tho i’m not agreeing with u on everything u said ur opinion has actually a place to exists and with some things i totally agree but yeah this is a hard topic to discuss but its clear lana fandom is decided into 2 parts and it has been so for 5 years now so there are not who is right and not right, but i hear :true:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

31 minutes ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

why are you saying WE

also, you are not being held hostage :rip: if you don't like the current direction her career is going...then just don't pay attention. 

and people have this conversation literally all the time in album threads and it ends up being a lot more productive than this because you are sharing an opinion as if it is a fact that everyone on this site must accept...because you say so? 

2 hours ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

are you all of the sudden not a fan of her anymore or something? damn :bye: did you get hacked or something? i really like you as a member and your posts but i strongly disagree with what you're saying and i just find it disappointing, i honestly can't stand the people here who constantly criticize her and constantly feel the need to make it a point that they don't like her as much anymore, take your negativity elsewhere

WGe8ynS.gif

Anywho lets move on from THAT... I really hope Loved You Then And Now is NOT on Lasso in anyway shape or form, same with Zodiac.

edit- I should clarify, I won’t not stream the album or LYTAN / Zodiac if they are on Lasso. I'd just rather new songs or if she’s gonna do unreleased, Hey Baby Blue and / or IMBSFBSH.

3 hours ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

Not sure if this is unpopular, but Lana is extremely dumb unless it comes to writing and creating melodies. She is so detached from normal human beings, and it shows. She sells cheap bizarre merch for so much money, plays shows with horrible vocals, and she knows she can; because people worship her. She plays every fan for a fool and we accept it because we love the music. She needs to stop performing live, stop selling hot topic quality merch, and just write and create songs. She’s taken enough money from you all. 

Maybe you're the one holding onto her because of nostalgia, because I think most people here (myself included) aren't. Maybe don't project that onto everyone else...

Being Lana's fan =/= worshipping her. From my experience, I'm not afraid to criticize Lana when she does/says something that I disagree with (I even detached myself from her work for a while back in 2020 because she kept rambling nonsense on instagram/twitter and I was tireeeeeed). Her writing and melodies definitely changed a lot throughout the years, proving how much she has matured and mastered her work. 

Also, I've never been able to see her live - mostly because I was broke as hell whenever she came to my country, which she rarely does! :crai:- and it's one of my dreams to see her live. And I have faith that'll happen someday. But if she wants to stop touring after I've seen her live at least once, that's a whole another story :smokes5:

It doesn't matter who I am. I'm here for you, James. See? I'm real.

73d6eb454044617161311227a1d277a2.gif

4 hours ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

3 hours ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

Do you just like being annoying on purpose or what

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

4 hours ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

Not sure if this is unpopular, but Lana is extremely dumb 

Starting like that was certainly a choice in a lana-dedicated forum lmao

1 hour ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Anywho lets move on from THAT... I really hope Loved You Then And Now is NOT on Lasso in anyway shape or form, same with Zodiac.

edit- I should clarify, I won’t not stream the album or LYTAN / Zodiac if they are on Lasso. I'd just rather new songs or if she’s gonna do unreleased, Hey Baby Blue and / or IMBSFBSH.

But we haven’t heard either lytan or zodiac.. why are you against them? And meanwhile you want hbb/imbsfbsh which we have in fact heard

2 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Starting like that was certainly a choice in a lana-dedicated forum lmao

But we haven’t heard either lytan or zodiac.. why are you against them? And meanwhile you want hbb/imbsfbsh which we have in fact heard

The more I’m thinking about it I’m also against those two I mentioned as well. I really feel like Lasso should just be new songs, we can have another (better) blue banisters at a later date where hopefully she doesn’t use YouTube rips for the unreleased. 

14 hours ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

Has proven to be very unpopular so you understood the assignment :oic3:

I think sometimes she can seem a little ditzy but so would you, or I, or anyone, if every single thing we ever did or said was scrutinised by thousands of people.

All artists sell overpriced merch. Name one who doesn't. But you don't need to buy anything of hers to be a stan (the only "merch" I own is VBBOTG), and if you do wanna buy merch, then it's your money and you can spend it however you like

The problem with Lana's vocals is, imo, that her voice isn't suited to the types of venues she plays. She sounds just fine when she sings at smallish indoor venues (the Apple event, for example). It's really hard to sound good at festivals and other outdoor stages unless you are a rock band or you belt. I would love it if she'd play smaller indoor venues but that would mean fewer fans would get to see her and/or more shows (which I can understand she wouldn't wanna do)

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

46 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

My unpopular opinion: Summer Bummer is the worst song Lana has ever made. Actual trash 🗑️ 0/10. 100% skip rate.

absolutely useless and fillerish:true: made lfl dirty with those unnecessary beats

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y