Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

41 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

QFTC post makes sense though she worded it poorly.

Someone needed to say it and bring out how selective cancel culture is

She posted a "correction" but that doesn't matter because even if it were worded correctly she would've been still called a white feminist. Have you noticed that all the outspoken A list women repeat the same shit? 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

5 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Omg I was literally thinking that earlier today!!!

Lana molding her own form of songs like Put Me In A Spell and Agony would be so fucking cool. It’s so atmospheric and has that characteristic melancholy, too

yessss lord!! Sauron actually reminds me quite a lot of Heroin so i can really picture the two of them making some magic together :flutter: plus lana follows yung lean on insta so its not entirely out of the realm of possibility i guess!?!?

Wq9zHLl.jpg

On 8/20/2021 at 4:42 PM, mlittle11 said:

i feel like this is unpopular but i really dislike WAH. i hated the production choices on HTD n for them to be SAMPLED killed me. i literally dont listen to it. 

I hate it too

I hate the country vibes, the samples, I just don't hate the lyrics but everything else is just NO

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

4 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

currently, when it comes to ldr, i listen to unreleased stuff 85% of the time, UV (album) 5%, and honeymoon (album) 5%, and cola 5% lol

Before I really got into her music I used listen mostly unreleased stuff on YouTube and didn't even know it was unreleased. I was convinced that Serial Killer, Kill Kill and Be My Daddy are from BTD until I started listening her albums. 

On 8/23/2021 at 1:25 AM, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I think Lana making her own version of a shoegaze record with Mike Dean would be a cultural collapse—in a good way. 

I know shoegaze can be really hit or miss for people, but..Reverb-heavy vocals, fuzzy & atmospheric guitars, and Dean’s history with synths & psychedelia elements?

A gay can dream:flutter:

this has been my dream since Venice and its dream pop/shoegaze-y guitars during the breakdown (what a tease  :crying:) I honestly think she would excel so much with shoegaze. Imagine a collab with Neil Halstead from Slowdive, Fleeting Joys, Alvvays, etc honestly any modern day shoegaze producer/band. I honestly think her best works would come out of that genre 

textbooks’s prechorus is everything, I just cringe at the BLM mention in the chorus every time :toofunny: it seems so performative 

sgopYhV.gif

on letterboxd about tropico

22-DF9-D42-1499-42-BE-9446-F70-DD0-F0-D1

Video Games sounds like Blue Jeans and Million Dollar Man continues with Summertime Sadness :true:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

20 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

"melodramatic voice" :willcut:

it’s not entirely false, but it fits the born to die narrative so

Aqia7K7.gif

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

'Chemtrails' was overall more tolerable than 'NFR' to me, the only songs I actually find myself enjoying on the latter are the title track, 'Venice Bitch' and 'The greatest' and that's literally it.

4 hours ago, lamms said:

on letterboxd about tropico

22-DF9-D42-1499-42-BE-9446-F70-DD0-F0-D1

Video Games sounds like Blue Jeans and Million Dollar Man continues with Summertime Sadness :true:

Well, the beauty in her music is that if you like one or two songs in the album you'll probably like at least 80% of the album. If you don't like her hits you probably wouldn't like any of her music. It's similar but not the same.