lola

Taylor Swift

i'm fed UP with this woman ruining her good songs i don't know why i keep bothering to tune in for this shitshow of re-recordings but i can't help but expect some decency and a little effort for the best selling artist in the world right now somebody lock her up

I haven't listened to SN TV yet but can anyone tell me how would you rank Fearless TV, Red TV and SN TV?

url%5D

Just now, Embach said:

I haven't listened to SN TV yet but can anyone tell me how would you rank Fearless TV, Red TV and SN TV?

Fearless TV (perfect IMO)

SN TV (Not that different, but not identical)

Red TV (Production on the pop songs is so cheap and half assed)

however the vaults;

Red

SN

Fearless

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

Why is Christopher Rowe her producer in TVs? Does Nathan Chapman (the og producer) support Scooter?

Also when she re recorded Red, Max Martin didn't produce at all, only the other co-producer Shellback. If Max Martin didn't produce 1989 TV and Rep TV, I am little bit worried ngl :ohno: does Max Martin support Scooter too or what?

url%5D

4 minutes ago, Embach said:

Red  (I'll never forgive her for GAH, tho)

Speak Now

Fearless

although this may be influenced by the fact that I absolutely hate Fearless lmao

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

Here are my two cents on Speak Now…

For the record, I like Taylor very much but don’t love everything she releases. I also prefer her folk / pop albums to her country pop ones. Other disclaimer: I have never heard her first albums that much to be able to compare the OG vs TV (Taylor became real big in Canada with Red; before that, she was getting attention in the country charts). 

verdict: it’s an OK album. There are some songs that do stand out, but there is a lot of the same on that one, especially with the ballads (many have been done so much better in her most recent albums). Red TV was a revelation to me, I loved the storytelling, the production and the subtleties in her writing, foreshadowing the incredible lyricist she became and is still today. And the bonus tracks were incredible, shedding more light on some songs from The OG track list. Here, I get what she was going for: to retell and liquidate her love story (ries) from that time and well, the lyrics reflect how young she was at the time.

I don’t hold it against a young person that their writing reflects where they are in life; it’s just normal, and very few are able to bring lots of subtleties to a bad breakup or subtle insight on what they see around them (like Lorde or Billie). This album has the charm of Olivia Rodrigo’s LP or Avril Lavigne’s, it’s just harder for a grown-ass man like me to connect with it. And the small-town stories of a guy marrying at 20 but should’ve been with Taylor :delish: 

As for the bonus tracks: I like them,

especially the ones with the features. They are not on the same level than the Phoebe Bridgers’ ones, but they do switch up the pace a bit from the rest of the production. 

voila :kiss:

The vault songs are the best so far, but the rerecorded tracks on are the worst out of all the TV's. Super disappointed with Enchanted. Long Live and Sparks Fly are the only one that improved.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 hours ago, Embach said:

Why is Christopher Rowe her producer in TVs? Does Nathan Chapman (the og producer) support Scooter?

Also when she re recorded Red, Max Martin didn't produce at all, only the other co-producer Shellback. If Max Martin didn't produce 1989 TV and Rep TV, I am little bit worried ngl :ohno: does Max Martin support Scooter too or what?

I think he's just REALLY expensive

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

nice re-recording but i have been little bit underwhelmed. songs are missing something. maybe i have that feeling cause i'm not big fan of country and i prefer more pop/folk/indie/rock side of Taylor.

20 hours ago, taco truck said:

good for you:awkney:

:makeup:

She's better known for the things that she does on the mattress… WHOAAAAAAA! 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

my thoughts:

- Sparks Fly was AWFUL! This is hands down one of the worst re-recorded songs ever. I loved Sparks Fly but now it’s so dull and almost unbearable to listen to.

- The Better Than Revenge lyric change was lame and felt like kidz bop but definitely one of the highlights in term of the re-recording in general - if she hadn’t removed the lyric it definitely would’ve been the best 

- Never Grow Up made me so emotional hearing it for the first time 13 years later with Taylor’s 32 year old voice :flutter:

- Enchanted, you will always be famous. She ate Enchanted up.

- Castles Crumbling and I Can See You are the best vault tracks by far, the others are all kinda meh - I was expected to be blown away like I was with the Red vault tracks and the only ones that really had that effect was what I mentioned. Foolish One is the worst vault track and I’d rather have 5 vault tracks than ever have heard Foolish One.

- In terms of the actual album not including vault tracks, Speak Now is the best re-recording so far

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

idk if this is an unpopular opinion but i actually like that the songs on speak now tv sound more different than the originals than they did with fearless tv & red tv. like the taylor's versions were never gonna replace the originals so by her singing them a little differently and having slightly different production instead of trying to replicate it perfectly, it now compliments the original instead of trying to be it. like with fearless tv she tried to replicate it perfectly just with more grown up vocals then with red tv she seemed to try to replicate it without actually putting in the effort so this is definitely more enjoyable since she seems to be letting it be its own thing. i haven't gotten to the vault tracks yet but when it comes to the regular album tracks this one is my favourite. i'd like to see if the vault tracks can compare to the red ones at all which were top tier. overall tho i'm getting the vibe that the rerecordings are less about replacing the originals and more about putting these albums in a different light. especially since she often got a lot of hate for her confessional songwriting and whoevwr shebwas dating overshadowed the albums with the general public and she also got written off for being so young or making her music "too pop to be country" or "too country to be pop" (just couldn't win, could she?) so it feels like between the vault aongs and just the albums being revisited and temade while she's older, she's kind of trying to give thwm a second chance with the public, idk. 

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

6 hours ago, Embach said:

I actually think it's because he was a big Trump supporter.

BzhmW.png