lola

Taylor Swift

40 minutes ago, Olympia said:

Well, the fact that she's releasing one bonus track per variant indicates at least that she actually WANTS people to buy all variants. No, she's not forcing them by holding a pistol to their heads, but I guess to many Swifties it feels like it, lol

It's very funny to me how many swifties are getting back to these comments with "then don't buy it." It really isn't the clapback they're making out to be.  Separate bonus tracks for each variant means that you have to buy every variant to enjoy the full album. That is not a criticism nor my opinion, it is a fact. I wonder why some swifties take that as an insult. It is a fair comment on this kind of releases and it isn't that serious for some fans to get so defensive about it.:oopna2:

4 hours ago, Olympia said:

The problem is that you never know before if all variants will be available later, and her countdowns make this worse

yeah that is true :/. for the exception of maybe folklore it seems that all variants of each of her recent records have been accessible after release, though, so fingers crossed. if not, it's very likely all bonus tracks will be released on spotify after a while 

violets in your eyes

3 hours ago, honeymoon is alive said:

blank space is a pop perfection and the mv is awesome :adele:

1989 as a whole is pop perfection, the deluxe is completely skipless. and yeah bad blood/shake it off aren’t the best but to me they’re better than a lot of the songs on midnights :makeup: shake it off in particular always reminds me of the early 2010s, such a fun time. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

3 hours ago, yourboy said:

It's very funny to me how many swifties are getting back to these comments with "then don't buy it." It really isn't the clapback they're making out to be.  Separate bonus tracks for each variant means that you have to buy every variant to enjoy the full album. That is not a criticism nor my opinion, it is a fact. I wonder why some swifties take that as an insult. It is a fair comment on this kind of releases and it isn't that serious for some fans to get so defensive about it.:oopna2:

The multiple releases genuinely are annoying but I just don’t care to hear the same criticism over and over :delish2: it’s really a problem with the vinyl industry/record labels now, not specifically Taylor. I was over the whole variant thing after the midnights ones and now I just wait to purchase (and I don’t purchase the tv vinyls at all lol). The bonus tracks will be available on google drive immediately so it’s really just whatever. The best way to make the shady tactics stop is to not purchase. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

3 hours ago, yourboy said:

Bonus tracks should not be considered to be part of the "full album", they are, as the name suggests, just a bonus. Like I don't consider "Is This Happiness" or "Flipside" to be part of Ultraviolence just because they were included in the Japanese iTunes store. But as a consolation, you will surely get all songs together as MP3s at some point, and then you can create a 'full album' playlist. :agree:

Honestly I am more annoyed by there not being a full digital album with all the bonus tracks at the time of the release. It ruins my Spotify/Last FM stats (I know I am splitting hairs here, but it does become a nuisance when my top albums are two different versions of the same album that were released weeks/months apart) 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Wait, I’m finding out about this now, you’re telling me different ALBUM COVERS constitute different bonus tracks? and people are ok with this? :facepalm: My god, Swiftie Stockholm syndrome strikes again. Is this a trend i’m unaware of? I feel like if any other artist pulled this shit, it would cause a massive controversy and uproar that would get brought up and scrutinized forever and hurt album sales because no one would fall for this shit. But apparently in the case of lord empress Swift doing it this seems to be a minor inconvenience forgotten about in 15 minutes. Swifties are probably happy that they get to “collect” variants of her new album, as if it isn’t a ploy for money. Like Ms Swift really needs a billion more dollars for another private jet to transport her from room to room of her house. I understand that Taylor has a lot of fans (and that the swift thread should be for said fans) but holy shit i am glad i never got into her music. Literal horsey girl 6th grade breakup music. And 1989 is NOT a pop masterpiece. Out of the Woods and Shake it Off cause HEARING damage. Half the album is generic. I’m sorry Swifties it’s ok to like Taylor Swift i’ll never post on this thread again but seriously fuck these vinyl variants

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

5 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

Wait, I’m finding out about this now, you’re telling me different ALBUM COVERS constitute different bonus tracks? and people are ok with this? :facepalm: My god, Swiftie Stockholm syndrome strikes again. Is this a trend i’m unaware of? I feel like if any other artist pulled this shit, it would cause a massive controversy and uproar that would get brought up and scrutinized forever and hurt album sales because no one would fall for this shit. But apparently in the case of lord empress Swift doing it this seems to be a minor inconvenience forgotten about in 15 minutes. Swifties are probably happy that they get to “collect” variants of her new album, as if it isn’t a ploy for money. Like Ms Swift really needs a billion more dollars for another private jet to transport her from room to room of her house. I understand that Taylor has a lot of fans (and that the swift thread should be for said fans) but holy shit i am glad i never got into her music. Literal horsey girl 6th grade breakup music. And 1989 is NOT a pop masterpiece. Out of the Woods and Shake it Off cause HEARING damage. Half the album is generic. I’m sorry Swifties it’s ok to like Taylor Swift i’ll never post on this thread again but seriously fuck these vinyl variants

Olivia Rodrigo literally did the same thing

29 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

Swifties are probably happy that they get to “collect” variants of her new album, as if it isn’t a ploy for money.

we know it's a ploy for money, that's what we've been discussing. i'm just tired of fighting about it because there's nothing we can do, capitalists gonna capitalize (and that goes for everyone, not just her.)

no one in this thread is brainwashed that it's some great idea 

violets in your eyes

Personally I’m not a fan of when artists have several alternate covers for their albums. It’s not a gripe i have with just taylor, i felt the same with Dance Fever and Ocean Blvd. It makes collecting and the vision of the album messier in my opinion, especially as I like to collect vinyl but don’t have the money to buy all different versions. 

As a taylor fan, I’ve become disinterested in her physical copies because not only are they so expensive (mostly the taylor’s versions because of the extra songs) but there’s so many of them, with differing tracklists etc

I’m looking forward to the new album but in general i’ve grown detached from a lot of mainstream music rollouts as of recent because i can not afford to keep up with them and makes me feel a bit excluded from the fun (obviously this is a personal experience and not the same for everyone else) :illuminataylor:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

I really don't mind how many variants someone makes when it's just the design that's different, I think it's cool that (sane) fans can choose which one they like best, but having x number of different bonus songs on x number of variants just rubs me the wrong way like if you're serious about your actual music and the album you're putting out I would assume that there would be a definitive tracklist and not a bajillion different editions with random add-ons

1 hour ago, Anthony Applewhite said:

Olivia Rodrigo literally did the same thing

I wasn’t aware of that :rip: This becoming a trend is BAD for the music industry. It’s really hard to respect any artist that does this. I wish stans of said artists wouldn’t make excuses or buy these editions because preventing this practice starts at the consumer level. Turning the definitive listening experience of your album into a $400 collect-a-thon has no excuse. Is it only Taylor and Olivia doing this or is there more? 

Spoiler

Also fuck Olivia Rodrigo and her annoying Disney nepo ass who got famous with the annoying ass driver license song. I avoid her music religiously so i never would have known about her own 20 million exclusive variants 

2 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

Also fuck Olivia Rodrigo and her annoying Disney nepo ass who got famous with the annoying ass driver license song. I avoid her music religiously so i never would have known about her own 20 million exclusive variants 

IMG-3521.jpg

2 hours ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

Taylor did not release that many variants tho

On 2/16/2024 at 8:55 PM, Aeryx said:

GGfFIyXa4AEuCRR.jpg

3 hours ago, taco truck said:

The multiple releases genuinely are annoying but I just don’t care to hear the same criticism over and over :delish2: it’s really a problem with the vinyl industry/record labels now, not specifically Taylor. I was over the whole variant thing after the midnights ones and now I just wait to purchase (and I don’t purchase the tv vinyls at all lol). The bonus tracks will be available on google drive immediately so it’s really just whatever. The best way to make the shady tactics stop is to not purchase. 

Not specifically Taylor I agree, but didn't she immediately decide to do the worst thing that Olivia recently had started as a major promo tactic? It's an excuse to say it's "record labels or the vinyl industry" when it would probably have been her decision. I had a problem with Tunnel's various covers but at least they had the same tracklist. You could choose from it. I hope these different tracklist tactics stop before they get out of hand. I really do, and it's hurting the music itself. Why would anybody want a fragmented album? :hide:

3 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

Bonus tracks should not be considered to be part of the "full album", they are, as the name suggests, just a bonus. Like I don't consider "Is This Happiness" or "Flipside" to be part of Ultraviolence just because they were included in the Japanese iTunes store. But as a consolation, you will surely get all songs together as MP3s at some point, and then you can create a 'full album' playlist. :agree:

I understand how you don't consider them as the full album, but it's not just random ass cedric gervais remix or something. She made those songs with intentions and thoughts into them. Of course they belong to that album. She released them under that album.

The whole album that you can enjoy on at least one physical format actually meant something, not having to collect little fragments from each variant. What is unsettling is that it's a whole different concept from deluxe editions. This is SOLELY for money. You could say I'm a boomer, but the way she is treating her music is not adding value to it, if not degrading it :crying5: Also she is influential and I am genuinely scared that other artists will do the same. I am really worried Lana's new album might be affected by this :bye2:

Yeah to be clear it’s the exclusive bonus tracks that make this so abhorrent. Having different covers to the same album is just silly goofy fun that milks money out of collectors but ultimately is harmless. It’s these exclusive tracks that ruin it by forcing fans who buy the physical media for it’s intended purpose of actual listening to it to have to buy a gazillion versions to have the full complete album experience. But as stated, this seems to have been discussed to death, although it was my first time hearing about it. I just hope people vote with their wallets and stop buying this bogus crap. And for Christs sake manifest that Lana never makes country rap joins in on this god awful trend.