LDRO

Instagram Updates

17 hours ago, Rivers said:

She said they didn't have any money. Rob blew all their savings on domain names after the dotcom bubble and everyone thought he was insane for it.

My dad took us out on boats and we were pretty poor and classified as just under middle class. 

We had a student exchange and we had to severely budget to afford the plane ticket.

My parents managed to scrounge enough money together for karate lessons for a few years.

It doesn't cost any money to try out for modeling. 

I don't think you fully know what it was like in the late 80s and 90s. 

This!! People are so fixated on the domain names but If people took the time to actually read the "sources" they keep posting, they would see from the interview with Rob that domain names were way more expensive than they are now and along with the real estate, he was making insanely huge investments with no promise that they would pay off. It's very possible that her parents were middle class and could have been comfortable under different circumstances, but had no assets and had all of their money tied up in these insane investments (probably why there's so much emphasis on the arguments). It's not hard to believe at all that he had a decent job in the city, moved to Lake Placid (which wasn't the cushy place it is now, another moot point people are trying to make), blew all of their money on investments and lived below their means because of that, and started reaping the benefits after Lana was at Kent (meaning she never saw a dime). 

Also I just want to point out that at my parents poorest, they were bankrupt, getting food from soup kitchens, and almost lost the house multiple times. But still paid for me to go on a school trip to Europe and sent me to a VERY expensive private university in NYC. I had scholarships and financial aid, but that's exactly my point. It's not impossible. And also maybe speaks to how even poor people handle their money and use what little of it they have.

I don't think the things people are posting to prove Lana is lying hold any real weight. There's way more nuance to this than people want to act like there is. As far as her saying her parents didn't know she was singing until SNL, I think she meant to the extent that she was. Knowing your daughter as Lizzy Grant performing in bars is different than knowing about publishing deals and the Lana Del Rey persona from the BTD era. Idk why her nose is being brought up, but girly clearly got her nose and lips done with that $10k advance, and being dishonest about plastic surgery (ESPECIALLY in 2012) is much different than fabricating your entire childhood and upbringing. 

I feel like there's no way any real fan would claim the trailer park era was for funsies (not even gonna elaborate because iykyk) and I find it so strange that she took the time to make that video because she was so frustrated about being misunderstood, and her own "fans" are straight up calling her a liar and are going to weirdo lengths to try and prove it. 

17 minutes ago, Rivers said:

AGAIN FOR THE THIRD TIME. SHE DID NOT SAY THAT THEY WERE NOT AWARE UP UNTIL SNL. You made that up.  SHE SAID THEY WERE NOT AWARE SHE WAS A SINGER FOR YEARS, OF WHICH LOOKS LIKE NOT UNTIL AROUND 2007. 

who tf is you yelling at??? :bye:

😋🫶🏼

I've been a stan since day 1, and this is to me the least interesting aspect about her story. I can't believe people have trashed her so bad for this, when there's countless nepobabies and millionaires easily making it in the industry.

21 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

"....And my parents didn't even know I was singing, until I was on Saturday Night Live, so *looks away*..."

That's fair, I was mistaken, but her parents didn't know she was singing until 2007, and I don't know if Rob or her mom listened to any of her music until around 2007. And she may have meant that they didn't know that she was taking singing seriously as a profession. 

I still don't know that rob listened to a single thing she sang until SNL. 

36 minutes ago, Rivers said:

AGAIN FOR THE THIRD TIME. SHE DID NOT SAY THAT THEY WERE NOT AWARE UP UNTIL SNL. You made that up.  SHE SAID THEY WERE NOT AWARE SHE WAS A SINGER FOR YEARS, OF WHICH LOOKS LIKE NOT UNTIL AROUND 2007. 

Surf noir is falsely stating what she said. I had to correct them 3 times. 

move on ur in denial 

The truth is she probably grew up middle class. Which there’s nothing wrong with that, and I can see why she feels defensive about it because the middle class does constantly get shit on by both sides (lower and upper classes) but like some of you guys need to detach a little bit and take a couple seconds to breathe 

51 minutes ago, Rivers said:

Surf noir is falsely stating what she said. I had to correct them 3 times. 

Screaming at people while being dead wrong 😭… I'd be embarrassed

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Why do people care sooo much about her personal life like that? Like constantly fact checking and peer reviewing everything she's ever said and done... who gives a fuck if things aren't adding up.

dETV4Hj.gif