LDRO

Instagram Updates

16 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Maybe she wanted to trigger something by posting about it yesterday? Like maybe they know they can track it if something leaks now and they are waiting for it to happen?

I still think it's so weird that she's so concerned about leaks if this happened months ago and nothing surfaced...

Of course I understand her being upset with the whole situation when it happened, now and any time she remembers it... it must be really infuriating and heartbreaking.

Also, just a thought. We don’t know the exact timeline, but Ben has consistently talking about how great of an album it is and how proud of Lana he is for months. I think it’s safe to say all of the songs for the album are fine since there’s probably select people with other access to it, and we know she unfortunately had to wipe her laptop :(  Something about the timing of the video is telling me she’s actively trying to solve this

13 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

yes. the only thing that makes me question they don't know anything is her timing to post that video. it almost seems like she's getting blackmailed but she could have other reasons to only speak about it now, it's just a theory. I really hope they just wanted her expensive stuff

Perhaps the police had investigated and they wanted the perpetrator to remain unsuspecting, this is a common investigative tactic.

18 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Maybe she wanted to trigger something by posting about it yesterday? Like maybe they know they can track it if something leaks now and they are waiting for it to happen?

I still think it's so weird that she's so concerned about leaks if this happened months ago and nothing surfaced...

Of course I understand her being upset with the whole situation when it happened, now and any time she remembers it... it must be really infuriating and heartbreaking.

I think we need to consider that some of the material that was stolen could be very personal. She said someone had the contents of her phone, for one. 

For all we know she recorded voice messages or even songs that are not intended for release and that she just did for herself or someone she knows. 

And then there's the photos, videos, and writing they stole, too

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

17 hours ago, DealerBitch said:

This is absolutely heartbreaking. I’m sure the producers have access to the music so I’m not that worried about it but It’s devastating to lose an entire book’s worth of poetry. 

I wouldn’t blame her if she doesn’t release any projects for a while.. I can tell that she puts her all into her poetry.

my heart breaks for her 💔

Absolutely. There’s no way in 2022 that the only mastered copies were on her stolen devices. We can all copy files in a blink of an eye, so can they, and do 

6 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Perhaps the police had investigated and they wanted the perpetrator to remain unsuspecting, this is a common investigative tactic.

yes I've thought about the investigation possibility too! I guess we'll never know

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 hour ago, hotshot2am said:

What I don't understand is why don't her managers hire an IT expert who can properly set up her devices with disk encryption, hardware 2FA and secure backups and teach her what to look out for in regards to hacking and social engineering?

true

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

What I don't understand is why don't her managers hire an IT expert who can properly set up her devices with disk encryption, hardware 2FA and secure backups and teach her what to look out for in regards to hacking and social engineering?

Honestly I think Ben and Ed probably have trouble turning on their laptops 

But yeah, she needs to hire someone

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

8 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

it's mind blowing tbh it's not like this is the first time happening and they got caught by surprise that this could happen

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I definitely don’t think this was just some random robbery to try and get money by selling her laptop; just this week whoever did it hacked into her phone and god knows what they found/took doing that. That said, and I’m not trying to victim blame at all, it’s so weird that after all this time she doesn’t have some kind of back-up somewhere random (with Ben/Ed, with Chuck, with her dad). I get why she doesn’t keep it in her house since her house keeps getting broken into, but even in an office building or something 

"Don’t forget me"

6 hours ago, MrFameKills said:

EDIT: Nvm, i just reread the transcript and she said "this week" people are still able to remotely access and leak her stuff, which i dont know what she's refering to apart from SOTB but i thought that leaked from Taylor's side

This makes me think that she thinks SOTB leaked because of her. That’s not the case though. Taylor’s album leaking seems like a “normal” leak. Red TV leaked a couple days before release too. 

i feel like the discussion surrounding the morality of leaks is a bit complex, i do agree that you’ll just have to make your own decisions surrounding it, we really shouldn’t have to rely on leakers to tell us what’s okay to listen to or not because who really knows what’s coming out of this hack, and it really should be up to you, and it is true that nearly every leaked song was obtained through shady, or even illegal means, a large majority of 2007-2011 songs which leaked during 2012, 2013, and 2014 came from somebody hacking her laptop, but i doubt that people are going to stop listening to them, some songs don’t have a clear source, but that doesn’t mean they were obtained ethically or just randomly appeared out of thin air

i feel like for me, i’m still going to listen to all of the unreleased songs i love, but i think i’ll stay away from things that are obviously very recent, but if something old leaks, there’s nothing that’s really going to stop me from listening to it and saving it to my collection, but at the same time, there’s no way to know for sure if a random song from 2012, 2015, 2017, whatever it may be, didn’t come from her laptop, but i doubt crazy for you and sugary sweet because we’ve known about those songs for years

i feel like we’ve just gotta make our own decisions and rules, but honestly, we’re all probably a little guilty at different levels, i can’t sit around and act like i haven’t participate heavily in leak threads, or that i haven’t tried scraping the internet for new lizzy grant photos, but that’s all definitely part of the culture here, i think we should all try to re-evaluate how we go about these things and be more conscious about it

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

41 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Lana after her extensive IT training

360_F_359513228_So84QFz9xyTCsGhbyPB037iV

19 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

I cannot imagine her managers being so stupid, yet here we are...

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, BlueINK said:

You mean the home that Lana's stalkers are hanging out in frequently? 

She needs to move to another state or better country. 

In Feb of 2018, one of her stalkers came to the show with a knife. Regardless of where she moves, there will always be psychos.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

22 minutes ago, paradiso said:

this is our community's 9/11

Other than when we found out she was doing something for the soundtrack of the biggest show in the world & it ended up being a snooze

or when we found out she was working with the biggest pop star in the world and it ended up being fucking terrible

or when life is beautiful finally leaked and it wasn’t like the trailer and ended up being a let down / forgettable track after years of hype 

or when she talked about an unreleased compilation album and then never dropped it

Or when she said she was doing a covers album and never released it

Or when we found out she did an album with TLSP and never released it even though the songs we’ve heard from those sessions have been iconic (thunder, California)

or when we found out about a ton of supposedly amazing UV era (ha best) demos & outtakes and hoarders decided to never drop them

or when she didn’t do anything at all for the BTD 10th anniversary

or when she dropped Rick Knowles

but yeah period!

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

4 hours ago, 111 said:

the problem wasn't that they were included, people were mad because she used youtube rips and not actual masters. they should have been reproduced/finalised like Thunder, which people wasn't mad at and enjoyed the inclusion of with the new production. three 2013 songs ripped from youtube and thrown on the album is lazy. but this is definitely a different topic than what we were talking about anyways

I think this adds nuance too, because Lana simultaneously dislikes leaks but has used them to her advantage multiple times. Doesn’t her using YT rips mean she didn’t have the originals ? 

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7