Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

well , we wouldn't be so "rabid" if she didn't say "watch out for new music" at the Milan show and if she didn't tease "Happiness Is A Butterfly"

so it's not 100% our fault 

kinda like being teased with a Christmas present  six months in advance lol

honeymouns on Insta. He released the MPG and FMWUTTY snippets and another one in his stories (Sad Girl). Don't know about the SOC snippet though. 

DID ANYONE RIP

nevremind therye still there

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

Groupie Love is a stretch, it’s a little slow for today’s radio. 

ed Sheeran's Perfect and LAUV's I like Me Better are the most agonizing and boring songs yet they get  1-3 plays every hour on every pop radio station..it truly depends how much a songs has in sales and streams nowadays rather than "is it or is it not commercial to play on the radio"

Female singers have, too often, music based on pretty much one ingredient: sex. Lana is more rooted in sexiness and sensuality rather than sex. No wonder that most female singers rarely are successful when they are over 30 or 40: they look like a joke, when they are still playing the oversexed lolitas when they should be singing about something else lol. 

Brittney and Madonna are clear  examples of this..... while Pink and Kelly Clarkson have "somewhat" evolved in sound and lyric content to avoid said problem

When I say African roots, there’s a reason. I’m not disregarding braids from Asia, or from native Americans or from Europe, no (I’m from Indian background so we have braids too)The reason why I specifically said African roots is due to the fact that in america, in high fashion in the media, hairstyle such as dreads, Bantu knots and other styles that originated from the continent of Africa, from the carabean islands, from BLACK people are taken and “elevated” by he use of white people. When a African American women wears dreads to a red carpet, she’s deemed a pot head, dirty, unsophisticated. When a white women wears it it’s hot, trendy,. When WHITE models on the runway wear Bantu knots, braids ETC ITS HIGH FASHION, couture, trendsetting, but when a black girl wears it it’s made fun of, it’s gross. Hairstyles that are worn by black people predominantyl and have been for YEARS are deemed to be “elevated” because it’s worn by white people. That’s why it’s relevant to say that taking these hairstyles from people of colour, from people of African decent is cultural appropriation. The hairstyles issue is not being fake woke, it’s an actual issue. If your 21 year old ass can’t understand that but my 21 year old ass can, try to make an effort to and not to just disregard the whole thing entirely.

Xoxo

And like I said in a previous post, it’s one thing to do things because you find it cool. Fashion is art. People laughing? Well, that’s their own personal problem. What I don’t understand is when people wear their hair braided and someone gets “offended” or upset because “my ancestors had that hairstyle!!!!” Thats bullshit. If you go to Africa or any country wherever the fuck and ask the people there, they won’t give two flying fucks what you do with your hair. It’s a minute “problem”. People who get upset are the problem. Who gives a fuck what someone does with their hair? Why is hair such a big fucking deal? It just doesn’t make sense and it’s a reach to say certain hairstyles are only found in certain parts of the world because we all have hair. Everyone.

What makes me confused is the racial part of it all. Just because she’s white, she’s being pointed at and told she can’t wear her hair like that. Then that point becomes moot when a black woman on a fashion runway wears blonde, straight extensions or dyes their hair blonde (and yes, some black people have naturally blonde hair, it’s very very few and far between.) Yet, white people cant be on a runway with braids. That just doesn’t make sense. I get it, it’s “more appealing because it’s more white”. No. Fuck that. It’s at fault on the designer’s part for dressing up models certain ways. (Literally happened in Empire, i just watched an episode about a situation like this)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Can we paaaaaaaa lease stop talking about cultural appropriation now

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

On behalf of me and @99centlips, I would like to apologize. We were just trying to have a lol.

Did not expect people to keep throwing out their opinions for 24 hours

:defeated:

LMAO for real my bad. I wasn’t expecting for this go on all day. I just wanted to express the ONLY problematic behavior that Lana MAYBE does.

Not that we have much else to talk about...

i don't understand why y'all act like it's been 37829228 years since lust for life dropped, it's not even a year since its release my god, y'all are WEAK

honestly

i used to stan Shakira so hard and she takes 4 year breaks in between albums where no one knows what the fuck she's doing. idk how i survived

Have u ever driven to most of Lana's music without feeling anything? I legit almost fell asleep early on during and it was nice and relaxing, but it wasn't the repsonsible thing to do. She's SAVING lives by not having her music on the radio.

I mean some albums in and ya get immune to it, but imagine the gp? Do u like traffic? Imagine the sirens and all the stoplights that wouldnt matter if ya heard Video Games or Love on the street. Debris everywhere

We love a considerate kween
1zmh1c3.jpg

UV/Honeymoon

Ruen Brothers talk about sitting with Lana and sharing their music with her at Rick Rubin's @ about the 26:30 mark of the interview. I know info is so scarce but apparently she liked one song in particular and played them a special song she had written a long time ago! To be a fly on the wall lol. Their music isn't bad either. I actually quite like what I've heard of their album so far, a few songs in. Summer Sun, Vendetta, and All My Shades Of Blue are very nice. I wonder if this will have any inspiration on the sound of LDR 6, we’ll see I guess.

https://www.npr.org/sections/world-cafe/2018/06/26/623293905/ruen-brothers-on-world-cafe

y'all need to lear how to develop some patience! try to stan sky ferreira and then we'll talk

how long have y'all been waiting for an album?

frank ocean stans can also relate considering man is dead for five years at a time and is spotted publically a whopping three times during that gap

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

frank ocean stans can also relate considering man is dead for five years at a time and is spotted publically a whopping three times during that gap

it's been 4 or 5 years since she released her first album lol  :toofunny:

True, her fans are not the most patient kind lol

As I said before, the problem with Lana is that she talks too much too early. It was February when she first spoke of Bartender and Sylvia, and March when she teased HIaB. I don't mind the "silent treatment" at all. She has no obligation whatsoever to report her every move all the time. But when she talks about songs, teases one of them, I must admit that I expect something happening sooner. She can take all the time she wants to deliver a solid album though (which she constanty did since the beginning of her career). 

I will say this again when she drops a single and when we will anguish over the whole record: if I look at what other artists do, music industry seems to be going for a promo of an upcoming album that drags on for at least 4 or 5 months (Troye Sivan, Years and Years, Ariana and Nicki Minaj are all releasing albums in July and August and the leadd single was released months before) with 4-5 singles getting released over that period. 

I was freaking out before her birthday when she was absent but right now I'm chill

She's taken a surfing class on her birthday, she was doing god knows what in that aviation workshop just hanging around town...

Sis is making LA memories let her live and drop an amazing record with these experiences in mind

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif