Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

The only lana song that can make me cry even when im not going through anything is Get Free

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Why dont we talk about the fact that MAC is so poorly mixed lmao. It sounds awful playing through my expensive speakers, it's like it's from the 1950s and not in a good way. You can also very clearly here that annoying scratchy sound behind her voice, the goddamn paper she suddenly loves to sing through. It's even more noticeable than it was in Change

I thought my headphones weren't good enough, but apparently it's really the opposite, lol. I did hear some scratchy sounds behind her voice. They're pretty subtle during the verses, but in the chorus the sound is definetly there, especially during the ''don't go too far, right where you are, that's where I am'' part. The end of that part really scratched my ears a little bit. 

But it's fine, it doesn't bother me that much 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

The only lana song that can make me cry even when im not going through anything is Get Free

For me, it's Old money 

Not long until we get to hear Venice Bitch! How do ya'll want it to sound?

I want it to be the Cherry of this next album

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

So late to get back on here but I absolutely love MAC. The way she says my, my, my and uh just the range of this song I love this sound so much I’m so ready to experience this era :ohmy:

Like the upbeat songs on BTD

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I'd like something along the lines of MPG/FMWUTTT. I'd just like a guitar heavy song with some bite and nip to it. I would like for her to be assertive, bold, and maybe somewhat aggressive.

I'd love if Lana would speed it up a bit from MAC. VB sounds like a song which has to be faster and darker and even a bit sassy.

This is a great description of what I'd like/expect.

@@Say Yes to Heaven I just wanted to say that I really love your new avi and signature, a lot lol. Looks great!

Just thinking about it all I would really love to hear Jack's perspective about working with Lana. I always enjoy reading the interviews Rick does where he speaks of her, as well as other producers she's worked with. I just think he would have an interesting point of view considering the people he has recently produced. I know it's likely we won't hear about it at all or at least until after the album is out but it just has my mind swimming. Like we would never get the nitty gritty but I really would love to know how he sees and compares Lana to the other more recent pop/alt acts he's produced.

I'm not getting too hyped about VB being upbeat etc. I'm preparing for a moody but breezy track (like Brooklyn Baby) about independence and being the queen of the coast or something.

I'm not getting too hyped about VB being upbeat etc. I'm preparing for a moody but breezy track (like Brooklyn Baby) about independence and being the queen of the coast or something.

Same, the title "Venice Bitch" makes me think of BB vibes with a little West Coast thrown in.

giphy-1.gif 

I just want lana to really give a shit about visuals again because it's been severely lacking, like visuals help so MUCH with rlly conveying a feel or theme. I mean this is Lana Del Rey she was the queen of looks! She did MAC so dirty with that video and the single cover...  :toofunny: with the next single "Venice Bitch" I wanna see her mug fucking beat for every god with long ass fake red talon nails and a huge ass bouffant towering to the heavens like GIVE me Venice, bitch

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7