Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I want the picture we have to be the cover so badly. It reminds me so much of late summers at the park under telephone towers. It’s the perfect vibe to match the music, and I love her casual look.

Yin to UV’s yang also

I want the picture we have to be the cover so badly. It reminds me so much of late summers at the park under telephone towers. It’s the perfect vibe to match the music, and I love her casual look.

Yin to UV’s yang also

If there isn’t a car in it, we dont want it

Mood board if the rest of the songs will be kind of psychedelic too. Endless Summertour and Shades of Cool vibes.

Mike-Monaghan.jpg

screen-shot-2018-04-15-at-17-15-48.png?w

shae-detar-4.png?w=584&h=802

05.jpg?format=750w

MCGUIRE000277-R1-009.jpg?format=750w

Just give us back Neil Krug :poordat: Or that Kelli McGuire gal, her pictures reminds me of his.

(although I know we also don't want any more blurry pictures lol)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Mood board if the rest of the songs will be kind of psychedelic too. Endless Summertour and Shades of Cool vibes.

Mike-Monaghan.jpg

05.jpg?format=750w

Just give us back Neil Krug :poordat: Or that Kelli McGuire gal, her pictures reminds me of his.

That plane window pic is stunning

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Meloncholic doesnt have to equal depressing though.

I agree, what I meant was the critics that don't like her tend to go really in and exaggerate this "depressing music" part of her, which is made easy by having songs that already are melancholic

ZKcaooE.png

Mike-Monaghan.jpg

05.jpg?format=750w

This aesthetic is so glamorous and amazing!

Hope Lana will try this aesthetic in LDR7 (since this album will have earthy-nature inspired visuals)

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

After finding out how VB was actually like, I don't know what to think about HIAB anymore... 

The 30 second snippet of VB that Lana posted on instagram was really misleading...we basically thought it'll be just a cute acoustic ballad and look at it now. So what if HIAB is actually another masterpiece that explodes into experimental stuff later on? I'm intrigued as fuck with this album, and I believe it has big chances of being her best one to date 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Marmont-Hill-%252525E2%25252580%2525259C

stop talking about cars :rip:

After finding out how VB was actually like, I don't know what to think about HIAB anymore... 

The 30 second snippet of VB that Lana posted on instagram was really misleading...we basically thought it'll be just a cute acoustic ballad and look at it now. So what if HIAB is actually another masterpiece that explodes into experimental stuff later on? I'm intrigued as fuck with this album, and I believe it has big chances of being her best one to date 

imagine crazy beatdrops after she sings "And sing it for my babies on the tourlyfe"

:lmao:

giphy.gif

Hate to say this but I've been listening to Venice Bitch more lately, it works in the background if you're concentrating on something else but otherwise I find myself thinking "is this over yet" and when I check it's like 3:20. Making a shorter edit for myself right now but god I'm so tired of that guitar riff already I probably won't do it lol

Edit: ok yeah that's it, i'm not doing this because i literally feel sick for some reason and this ain't helping  :toofunny:

So, are MAC and Venice Bitch the lead singles? Or do we think we haven't gotten the lead single yet?

I'm confused b/c she talks as if they are random songs, but then mentions she wanted to release Venice Bitch as a single. 

She did this with Honeymoon, where Honeymoon was released first as a teaser and then HBTB as the lead.

Anyone have thoughts or intel on this?

So, are MAC and Venice Bitch the lead singles? Or do we think we haven't gotten the lead single yet?

I'm confused b/c she talks as if they are random songs, but then mentions she wanted to release Venice Bitch as a single. 

She did this with Honeymoon, where Honeymoon was released first as a teaser and then HBTB as the lead.

Anyone have thoughts or intel on this?

hmm I don't know,pretty sure they are the lead singles and this era won't be as "big" as the previous..but then again why she chose to release them like a lot of months before the album release?

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Hate to say this but I've been listening to Venice Bitch more lately, it works in the background if you're concentrating on something else but otherwise I find myself thinking "is this over yet" and when I check it's like 3:20. Making a shorter edit for myself right now but god I'm so tired of that guitar riff already I probably won't do it lol

Edit: ok yeah that's it, i'm not doing this because i literally feel sick for some reason and this ain't helping  :toofunny:

I actually kinda feel this too, I think it's an amazing song and one of my favourite singles from her in a while but like it's hard for me to just sit and listen to. It's amazing in the background and actually PERFECT for driving (which I guess is what Lana wanted) tho

FzytWEW.png

hmm I don't know,pretty sure they are the lead singles and this era won't be as "big" as the previous..but then again why she chose to release them like a lot of months before the album release?

She knows how mpatient we are to hear new stuff. With Jack involved, I guess that it’s a longer process (she said he comes to LA like 9 days a month), and she wanted to give us something before the release. Plus these two songs are very « end of summer », perfect for September.

And even though we live in a super fast world, ironically, the music industry likes to have longer pre-release periods before the album, with 3-4-5 songs released before it (including singles and promo singles).

THE FUCK? When Venice Bitch came out, I was the biggest hater out there. I made sure to tell everyone my opinion about it, but now I listened to it for the second time and IT'S GOOD???????? I really enjoyed listening to it. It's haunting, and makes me feel like when I'm listening to Cruel World or the ending of Get Free. I still think it's TOO FUCKING LONG, but it's a good song, not as bad as I previously thought. Sorry for being a hypocritical mf!

THE FUCK? When Venice Bitch came out, I was the biggest hater out there. I made sure to tell everyone my opinion about it, but now I listened to it for the second time and IT'S GOOD???????? I really enjoyed listening to it. It's haunting, and makes me feel like when I'm listening to Cruel World or the ending of Get Free. I still think it's TOO FUCKING LONG, but it's a good song, not as bad as I previously thought. Sorry for being a hypocritical mf!

Probably not in the right mood, first time I listened to the Honeymoon album I hated it but over time it gets better and better to me and now is possibly my favourite.